PDA

View Full Version : Tips for final boss? (DS)

KentaRawr!
07-04-2009, 02:38 AM
So, I've got a Knight, a Ninja, and two Sages. All my members are level 55. I tried fighting the final boss at level 50 long, long ago, but I was destroyed. So, at this point, I'd like to know what level I should be so that I have a better chance at beating the boss. I think something around 60-70 will be necessary. What do you think?

Wolf Kanno
07-04-2009, 05:46 AM
I think my party was 60'ish when I beat it. I used a Ninja, Magus, Oracle, and a Dragoon.

Zeromus_X
07-05-2009, 04:24 AM
I tried it at 50-something and got slaughtered as well, leveled up to 60 or so and it was a bit easier. A good idea is to set up things like Shell, Protect, Haste, etc, before you kill off the tentacles, I don't believe she uses her lightning attack before then.

I believe I used the exact same party you did too.

qwertysaur
07-05-2009, 04:51 AM
I assume you also fought the 4 dark crystal bosses :p

Elpizo
07-05-2009, 11:32 AM
It really isn't that hard. On my first run through the game, I had a Knight, Dark Knight, Devout and Sage. The Devout has to cast Curaja every turn. The Sage shuld be filled up with the most important white magic: the 4 cures, the two raise spells and haste. Fille the other slots up with Black Magic. That's all you need, IMHO. Level 55 and higher should make this easy.

During the battle, as said before, Curaja every turn with the Devout. I used my sage to haste my Knight and Dark Knight. After that, he either aided in Curaja'ing, or used Flare or other high level spells. Do not bother to go after the tentacles, just focus on the Cloud of Darkness herself.

A similar strategy should work for you. Haste your fighters. Curaja every turn. If you have shurikens, move your Ninja to the back row and throw Shurikens on the CLoud. Have your Dragoon either jump or use attack, it's your choice. A good idea is to give your Dragoon one Blood Lance, so he'll recover HP with every attack. Again, don't go after the tentacles, just focus on the Cloud of Darkness. Be lv 55 or higher, and it should be a cinch.

sir helix
07-06-2009, 11:59 PM
i was all members lvl 99 and still had trouble.

ninja- masamune & the boomarang thing
devout
knight- ragnarok & excaliber
final blk mage (cant remember name)

i used curaja every turn with devout, attacked with knight, threw what items i had with the ninja and atked, and the blk mage i cast top lvl spells and used as back up with items.

my tactics are very simple, Kill the Beach quick and dont hold nothing back

KentaRawr!
07-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Wasn't that hard now that I've done it. Leveled up to 57, got to 60 on fighting Xande clones and those other guys. Ribbons are helpful, and so are shurikens. There's pretty much nothing you should be spending money on at that point in the game that's not shurikens, from what I've learned. :p

Thanks for the tips, guys.