PDA

View Full Version : I am tripping on caffeine

Peegee
07-05-2009, 03:47 AM
And I only had one cup of caramel mocha latte. No I'm not a cheap drunk -- I think my diet is not conductive to caffeine absorption. Or something.

My heart is going too fast and I'm tripping out. If I weren't having a slightly bad trip I would do this more often.

Some people talk about a sugar rush. I forget the exact mechanics of it but I know that when insulin is released to counter it, you feel a crash and want to have more energy. But I've never had a sugar rush, at least within recent memory.

Do you ever indulge in non-drug related highs? Who loves coffee as much as I do? I gave up regular coffee for my diet. Used to drink the stuff like water. One time I went to my brother's art show and they had free coffee. I had 7 cups that night.

eestlinc
07-05-2009, 03:50 AM
caffeine is a drug.

i never drink coffee. i drink caffeinated sodas, though. i try not to drink too much. not a big caffeine fan.

Peegee
07-05-2009, 03:51 AM
illegal drugs.

Vermachtnis
07-05-2009, 04:28 AM
I drink more than the average person when it comes to sodie pop. And I like setting really still for a while and than standing up suddenly. WHEEE

Kirobaito
07-05-2009, 06:21 AM
I'll go between having 5-10 sodas a day (but almost always the so-called "healthy ones" - basically artificially sweetened ones like Coke Zero or Pepsi Max) to being off of caffeine entirely. It's a weird switch. Getting off of caffeine, for me, gives me a headache for several days. Then when I get back on, I really don't get much of a rush from it.

Fonzie
07-05-2009, 08:00 AM
I pretty much just drink water these days, but I'll drink a sodee pop once in a blue moon.

Peegee
07-05-2009, 08:17 AM
I pretty much just drink water these days, but I'll drink a sodee pop once in a blue moon.

Mrs. C

MOM??

Fonzie
07-05-2009, 08:28 AM

Mrs. C

MOM??

Fonz I Am.

I Took the Red Pill
07-05-2009, 09:40 AM
nah I try to stick to the illegal ones.

rubah
07-05-2009, 07:01 PM
overrated imho

Aerith's Knight
07-05-2009, 07:05 PM
My teeth showed signs of erosion 5 months ago, so I've been drinking nothing but water since.

Rye
07-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Caffeinated Coffee is my main vice. It's the only drink that I drink anymore that has calories, besides the various forms of iced teas that I'll have at work once and a while. I rarely ever drink soda!

I mostly drink seltzer and water. :bigsmile:

Caraliz
07-05-2009, 11:26 PM
I um, don't really ever drink coffee. Just once in awhile. I drink soda from time to time but I usually get Iced Tea if I can. Nummy~

Peegee
07-06-2009, 04:22 AM
Caffeinated Coffee is my main vice. It's the only drink that I drink anymore that has calories, besides the various forms of iced teas that I'll have at work once and a while. I rarely ever drink soda!

I mostly drink seltzer and water. :bigsmile:

Calories in Coffee (http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-coffee-i72912)

Coffee (black) has 5 calories, no carbs and no carbs/cals from sugar because there isn't any. It's fair game. Just don't put cream in it and figure out how much sugar is 'okay' to put in.

Bunny
07-06-2009, 04:35 AM
coffee is disgusting.

Slade
07-06-2009, 10:38 AM
My blood doesn't boil. It percolates.

Coffee is something I drink non-stop. When I'm out? Coffee. At home? Coffee. When I'm bored? Coffee. On the can? Coffee.

A definite pattern.

It doesn't give me any sort of high though, it just tastes good.

KoShiatar
07-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Coffee and me don't go very well together. It makes me nervous.

Blue Harvest
07-06-2009, 12:24 PM
coffee is disgusting.

Aerith's Knight
07-06-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.247daystretcher.com/html/strips_cdu.png

This even improves the smell of your breath, with the same amount of caffeine, and no bladder problems.

Breine
07-06-2009, 12:51 PM
I do like caffeine, yes. But everyday? No thank you.

Iceglow
07-06-2009, 09:31 PM
The strongest coffee I have ever drunk for sheer KICK delivered has to have been the Civet filtered coffee available from like Selfridges and other rich people stores like that. The coffee beans are eaten by a creature called a Civet which is kinda like a ferret, theres a pokemon which actually looks like this creature (Sentret I believe) the beans are passed through but the Civet can't digest them instead the digestion process makes the coffee bean ferment slightly giving it a richer, fuller and more potent flavour and kick it worked on me better than a quad espresso has

Tavrobel
07-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Some people talk about a sugar rush. I forget the exact mechanics of it but I know that when insulin is released to counter it, you feel a crash and want to have more energy. But I've never had a sugar rush, at least within recent memory.

That's pretty much how it works; the get the rush when your body starts using the sugar, but you feel tired when there's still a load of insulin that's already been released, and no sugar to use. The only effective difference between sugar and caffeine is that caffeine has a tolerance component (whereas sugar doesn't), and isn't broken down by insulin.

I like caffeine, but after my early high school career, four cans of Mountain Dew a day was not good for anything other than flipping out. Life in general has improved ever since I started drinking only water.

The only highs I get are from trolling and pretty girls. Sometimes, I'll combine the two for 2+2=5 action.

rubah
07-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I had a frozen white mocha thingy today. And it was amazing. ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Rye
07-07-2009, 12:22 AM
The only highs I get are from trolling and pretty girls. Sometimes, I'll combine the two for 2+2=5 action.

Is that why you teased me in all of the Ciddies speeches, Tav? You think I'm a pretty girl? :bigsmile:

Tavrobel
07-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Is that why you teased me in all of the Ciddies speeches, Tav? You think I'm a pretty girl? :bigsmile:

No. In your case, it's full-on trolling. I mean, c'mon, you're a dude. Why would I hit on a dude?

Marshall Banana
07-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Yucky coffee.

Rocket Edge
07-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Not a fan of coffee, even the smell gives my stomach somersaults. The only time I drunk it was when I was about to colapse of tiredness on St. Patricks Day a few years back, when I was expected to go out and party.

Zeromus_X
07-08-2009, 02:30 AM
Used to drink coffee everyday but the effect on my teeth/breath was not very pleasant. It didn't seem to wake me up much faster than normal so I just stopped drinking it.

I do think it smells delicious though.

Jowy
07-08-2009, 02:35 AM
I drink about half a pot of coffee every day, not including the free hot coffee flavored water they give us at work.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-08-2009, 04:38 AM
I ordered some "tirimisu" at Joe's Bistro and it was served to me upside-down and slathered in some kind of sallow espresso-custard with rum and reverse chocolate sadness. But I guess it was caffeinated. :sophia: