PDA

View Full Version : Special Edition FFVII PS3

G13
07-05-2009, 07:58 PM
I have been reading about this all over the internet but have yet to find an article saying whether or not it is coming to the U.S. Does anyone know if we're going to be lucky enough to get these or is it Japan exclusive?

Fynn
07-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Are you taling about the "remake"? It ended up to be just speculation, SE bashed these rumours numerous times...

Or are talking about something completely different? If so, a link would help...

G13
07-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Not the remake. A special Edition FFVII PS3, as previously stated.

Limited Edition Final Fantasy VII PS3 | PS3 Informer (http://www.ps3informer.com/playstation-3/news/limited-edition-final-fantasy-vii-ps3--009730.php)

Fynn
07-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Oooh. You mean the console! Well, we rarely, if ever, get these special types, so I wouldn't count on it...

Elly
07-06-2009, 12:12 AM
they already released that and yes it is a Japan only release, it was a bundle to promote Advent Children Complete...

G13
07-06-2009, 02:41 AM
I knew they already released it, I was just wondering if the U.S. was gonna get it. This is very disappointing. I was waiting to get a PS3 so I could get this. Whats' so special about Japanese fans, huh? Are they more special than any other kind of fan?

Skyblade
07-06-2009, 03:10 AM
I knew they already released it, I was just wondering if the U.S. was gonna get it. This is very disappointing. I was waiting to get a PS3 so I could get this. Whats' so special about Japanese fans, huh? Are they more special than any other kind of fan?

Pretty much. Seriously, after everything else that Japan has gotten that we've been left out of, you're complaining that they're getting a console with a different look to it?

G13
07-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Who's complaining? I was asking a simple question. Do they get the special stuff 'cause that's where it all originated? I can see how the "huh" would seem like I'm pissed, but I personally think you need to develop a sense of humor.

Wolf Kanno
07-06-2009, 09:10 AM
The Japanese always win with Squenix. Even if we get something cool and original in our games, SE turns around and releases an "international" version which has our extra stuff and some more to boot. Kingdom Hearts and FFX, X-2, and XII are prime examples.

We also never get the console specials. I don't remember us getting the Crisis Core PSP nor did we get the FFIII DS. This PS3 is not any different.

qwertysaur
07-06-2009, 09:15 AM
The Japanese always win with Squenix. Even if we get something cool and original in our games, SE turns around and releases an "international" version which has our extra stuff and some more to boot. Kingdom Hearts and FFX, X-2, and XII are prime examples.

We also never get the console specials. I don't remember us getting the Crisis Core PSP nor did we get the FFIII DS. This PS3 is not any different.
Were actually getting the Dissidia PSP though. :p

Wolf Kanno
07-06-2009, 09:27 AM

Were actually getting the Dissidia PSP though. :p

Depends... what does it look like? :shifty:

G13
07-06-2009, 09:41 PM
We are getting a Dissidia PSP, but it's not what you think. It's just got the game and a PSP. It doesn't have the special markings on it. I think it also comes with a UMD movie of Advent Children, I can't remember if that's us or Japan.

Wolf Kanno
07-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Then I don't feel it counts, if it doesn't have a specail design or at least a handheld cover. :p

AC is hardly a bonus...

G13
07-08-2009, 08:02 AM
lol Same here. The only thing we get is the cover art on the box it comes in.

Skyblade
07-09-2009, 01:18 AM
To be fair, though, the cover art is really, really awesome.

Fynn
07-09-2009, 09:44 AM
But sadly, you can't play a box... No matter how nice the art is...