PDA

View Full Version : Go kill yourself, Catcher Chocobo

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-06-2009, 06:34 AM
You know what I'm talking about.

The Calm Lands.

I am frustrated that this game keeps ripping me off.

The person I need to race just somehow manages to fly right past me to get all of the baloons, and the birds make sure they go out of their way to miss her so that they can hit me. They can be like 20 feet away and still hit you, but you have to be RIGHT ON TOP of a baloon for those points to count.

Any suggestions on how to get a good score?

Namelessfengir
07-06-2009, 06:44 AM
i just did that today took me three tries to get 0.00 :bounce:

its just luck man

Jessweeee♪
07-06-2009, 05:42 PM
It took me forever to get ;_; (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x-x-2/113280-i-wah-omg-omg-did-i-do.html)

Vermachtnis
07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Yes, I hated that part. It made me angry with rage! :mad2:

Elly
07-06-2009, 06:22 PM
i totaly use the Codebreaker on it, if the game wants to cheat, well i will too, not to say i didn't try it a hundred bajillion times before deciding to cheat...

Pete for President
07-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I never really had much trouble with this one. Usually takes about 5-7 tries. Still haven't gotten Lulu's and Kimahri's though.

Tuhkasieni
07-06-2009, 09:39 PM
hahahaha...
i almost broke my controller with this but i made it.. whey
im sorry, truly:bounce:

Namelessfengir
07-07-2009, 02:11 PM
yojimbo was messing with me kicking me out after the second offer so after i had been to zanarkand and had half a mill to play with i let him have his 250000

Tuhkasieni
07-07-2009, 03:00 PM
wow i paid like 194000 for yojimbo :O

Namelessfengir
07-07-2009, 03:44 PM
i know!! thats close to what ive gotten him for on previous play throughs this time he was all pissy. he was kicking me out after my offer of 125002 so after the tenth time i figured i just gave him what he wants

oh and i beat staravarious in the first try!!! lots of mega potions, protect, haste, and a double bahamut overdrive finisher!!!

Levian
07-07-2009, 06:04 PM
oh god, that race is so annoying. I was screaming with rage at those stupid birds. Took me forever to get the sigil, but I finally did and I've sworn on some random grave I found that I'd never do it again.

Skyblade
07-09-2009, 01:07 AM
i know!! thats close to what ive gotten him for on previous play throughs this time he was all pissy. he was kicking me out after my offer of 125002 so after the tenth time i figured i just gave him what he wants

oh and i beat staravarious in the first try!!! lots of mega potions, protect, haste, and a double bahamut overdrive finisher!!!

He will always kick you out for that. If he rejects an offer, he will always reject it, for everyone. If he accepts it, again, he will always do so, for everyone. This means it is possible to use trial and error to determine precisely what his lowest possible bids are, but that is too tedious for me.

The pattern I follow is usually half his initial price, one gil more than my last offer, then start splitting the difference between his request and my last offer. You can get him quite a ways down before you reach as low as he can go (and then you triple his price for his comment and reward).

G13
07-09-2009, 01:12 AM
I did break my controller doing this.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-10-2009, 04:51 AM
I ended up beating this a few hours after that first post, lol.

Jessweeee♪
07-10-2009, 05:04 AM
:kaocheer: HOORAY :kaocheer:

killiancurse21
07-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Catcher Chocobo is easy, it just takes some practice. I can do it almost every time these days. (Or at least, I could a while back, don't know about now.) - and by that, I do mean the 0 seconds, not just beating the trainer. I find the two Dodger Chocobos to be harder.

Carl the Llama
07-12-2009, 03:24 AM
The first time I did this I did it first try and was meh about it, then my brother decided to play FFX and he had a smurf load of trouble with it, I told him I did it first try and he offered me the pad... took me 3 tries lol of corse, he never let me play his game again lol. I actully had more trouble getting his crest the first time as I didnt go back for it right away and when I did I had my very first encounter with a Dark Aeon lol some discovery I was so supprised when he hit me for 99999 lol... lost 3 hours of play finding that little bit of info.

On a side note, I dont buy Yojimbo untill I can pay him the maximum amount of money (roughly around the same time I get to the dark Aeons), you do know the lower you buy him for the less he will use Zanmato right? this is the sole reason I do this.

Additionally I didnt have any problems with the lightning thing, failed once then paused it every time I dodged one to write it down on a piece of paper to keep count.

Tuhkasieni
07-12-2009, 08:24 PM
On a side note, I dont buy Yojimbo untill I can pay him the maximum amount of money (roughly around the same time I get to the dark Aeons), you do know the lower you buy him for the less he will use Zanmato right? this is the sole reason I do this.

Actually I think that depends on how much you pay him in battle. I happen to get zanmato pretty often and I paid 194000 or something... :)

Darkswordofchaos
07-15-2009, 09:00 AM
i totaly use the Codebreaker on it, if the game wants to cheat, well i will too, not to say i didn't try it a hundred bajillion times before deciding to cheat...
this

Rye
07-20-2009, 03:16 AM
It's kind of a game of luck AND practice. One of the first plays through FFX, I got 0.00 on my first try. On one of my last, it took me ages! I love that game though, it's my favorite minigame.

Christmas
09-30-2022, 05:25 AM
Get the remasterd version. :bigsmile: