PDA

View Full Version : Fuck you, Bethesda.

Quindiana Jones
07-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Evening all. First things first, all problems listed below are found on my 2007ish Xbox360 Premium (the one before they decided to make Premium better), Microsoft repair x1. None of them were experienced on playthroughs before I got the recent DLCs from Live (DLC does not include SI or KotN).

1. I started a game on Oblivion, with Shivering Isles and KotN downloaded by disc. I installed all the DLC for poops and giggles. Total waste of money, bar three, but whatever. What's done is done. I play the game. I complete all DLC things. I start on Daedric Shrine quests. I complete Molag Bal's. I am level 33 with about 33 hours put into the game. Then the autosave and Save don't load. smurf smurf!

2. I get over it. I start a new game. I complete Deepscorn Hollow, Frostcrag Spire, the Orrery and Mehrunes' Razor. The other DLC things are available but not complete. I start on Daedric Shrines. I get to Molag Bal, but do not start. I am level 32 with roughly 30 hours put into the game. Then the autosave, Save and backup Save all do not load. smurf smurf smurf!

3. My initial save (after the "tutorial" but before you start the game) and my old save file (my first and complete game) are fine. Loady loady happy happy.

But, that's still 5 times the smurf. Kinda funny really, seeing as how I'm Quin, though I doubt they're related. ;)

Anyway, the point of this is: what are be going on? I've already got a completed game with Shivering Isles and KotN, so it's not them. I'm therefore fairly certain it's the DLC. But I load up the DLC at about hour 10, so why doesn't the game die then? Is it just coincidence that they both buggered at almost the same time in almost the same place? Also, why would it bugger all three saves, when they are all quite a way apart? Why aren't my initial save and older game equally buggered?

I'm tempted to contact Bethesda and see if this is a widespread problem, or maybe just to act all angry and boohoo to see if I can get free stuff or something. :)

But yeah. Anybody know anything? Anybody experience this problem? Anybody got any tips on what I could do?

Shoeberto
07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Bethesda has had a lot of random problems like this with their games. What system are you playing it on?

Quindiana Jones
07-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Oh right, yeah. Xbox360. I'll add it upstairs too.

Shoeberto
07-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Not really sure what advice to give you tbh. It's possibly a hard drive problem but given Bethesda's track record of destroying save games it's probably a bug on their end. It'd be worth investigating on the official forums to see if it's a widely known problem. Regardless it pretty much sucks :( That's a lot of game time to lose.

Psychotic
07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I think the best you can do yourself is to delete and re-download the DLC, and then clear your 360's cache.

Quindiana Jones
07-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I think the best you can do yourself is to delete and re-download the DLC, and then clear your 360's cache.

Did both these things for point 1. And before I started point 2. :(

Vyk
07-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Well phooey. I was gonna look up the known bugs at the Unofficial Elderscrolls wiki site, but they seem to be broken. My brother had similar problems

G13
07-06-2009, 09:57 PM
One of the Daedric Shrine missions, can't remember which one (he has a pet dog statue that goes into your inventory), is supposed to crash your save file if you're a certain level when you complete it. Total bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: but it's possible to avoid this happening. You should look up the bugs for that game, seeing as how my post was a bit choppy.

Blue Harvest
07-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Oblivion is rather buggy on the 360. The other day it kept freezing whenever I went through a door/slept/waited/went into my inventory so I loaded a previous save (from about five minutes before this started happening) and it was fine.

Also, the aformentioned quest with the talking dog, get the Umbra sword first and talk to the priest before you approach the shrine. Apparently that way you won't even get the talking dog and therefore no game crashy. But don't give him the sword because it's awesome.

Quindiana Jones
07-08-2009, 06:52 PM
I have never ever had any problems with Clavicus Vile's quest ever.

G13
07-09-2009, 01:16 AM
I think they made a patch for it but it tough to know if you have it or not. The glitch only happens if you're over a certain level.

Blue Harvest
07-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I was probably over levelled when I got the sword but I still haven't done the quest itself because the sword doesn't weigh anything until you've completed it.