PDA

View Full Version : most important thread ever on eoff

Darkswordofchaos
07-06-2009, 11:28 PM
ok so i just moved to yuma az and i was wondering if anybody on eoff lives near hear and knew were to get bud at?

Psychotic
07-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Bud's hanging around in the inn. In order to get him to join the party, he asks that you prove your strength. This is not as simple as it appears, as he asks you to get the Orb of Light.

Aerith's Knight
07-06-2009, 11:36 PM
But don't forget that the Orb of Light has been shattered into three pieces. Two lie in the sub-forums, the other can be won by winning a Ciddie for best member. To store the shards you need the bag of benevolance.

leader of mortals
07-06-2009, 11:41 PM
But the bag of benevolence can only be acquired by going to the secret staff forum and fighting the one who carries the orb of darkness, Leeza. Once the orb of darkness is away fom Leeza, she will turn into a sweet and lovable cat princess, which is how she acts outside of the secret staff forum.

Aerith's Knight
07-06-2009, 11:52 PM
The secret staff forum is gaurded by the Phychotic Walrus and it has a cloak of irreversibility. To see past it you must do irreversible acts with the Walrus.

...Good luck.

Rantz
07-06-2009, 11:59 PM
I heard the butcher has some. Make friends with the butcher.

Freya
07-07-2009, 12:02 AM
The best way to make friends with the butcher is to get him to show you his meat. Now that's kinda hard. Most times you need to show him your meat first.

I advise talking to the meat handler previously known as milf.

Old Manus
07-07-2009, 12:02 AM
DON'T BUY MAGIKARP FROM THE GUY IN THE POKECENTER

Darkswordofchaos
07-07-2009, 12:11 AM
oook. you are all obviously stoned out of your minds.

Psychotic
07-07-2009, 12:12 AM
In order to cure the status ailment "stoned", one must visit his local convienience store and barter with the shopkeep for some munchies.

Fonzie
07-07-2009, 12:13 AM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9195/batmansneering.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/batmansneering.jpg/)

Look for this guy, he'll help you score pot.

Madame Adequate
07-07-2009, 12:15 AM
But the shopkeeper will require you to find her daughter first. Her daughter can be found wandering around the village and will, on being found, ask you to find her lost cat.

qwertysaur
07-07-2009, 12:17 AM
If you go left, left, Quarter turn left, right, right, up, up, quarter turn right, down, down, then knock on the door three times, you will find three trolls. Defeat them and a certain someone will join your party. He knows fire and cure spells, and can pick locks when nobody is looking. :bounce:

Rocket Edge
07-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Kick the troll in the balls. If he falls to the ground, you have two options:

A: Run off with your new party member.

or

B: Kick the Troll while he's down.

qwertysaur
07-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Also high atop the tower is a lone golden egg. If you give this egg to rubah, she will heal you for free whenever you speak with her. If you give it to the store, you will get 50000 gil.

Rocket Edge
07-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Spend the 50000 gil on more pot.

Aerith's Knight
07-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Gil being, of course, 1/100 of a live goldfish.

Tavrobel
07-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Man, just Gameshark the damn thing into your inventory.

NeoTifa
07-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Goldfish are only found in a single lake located in the middle of a mystic island guarded by a hydra.

Lawr
07-07-2009, 02:22 AM
There's a radio frequency that's turning all of the goldfish into Gyarados though. :erm:

Tavrobel
07-07-2009, 03:04 AM
Get yourself a discolored Gyarados, and you can fight the Hydra on equal terms. You'll have to get the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, count to five, and brave the Cave of Caerbannog, though.

Momiji
07-07-2009, 03:18 AM
Oh know where is at. Can be found in dark from suspicious. Bring so you can him.

Wait, wrong thread. :erm:

I Took the Red Pill
07-07-2009, 05:38 AM
don't you have a pizza shop around you bro? they're all drug fronts my friend.

Meat Puppet
07-07-2009, 07:50 AM
I think I might have cancer.

Rantz
07-07-2009, 09:14 AM
I think I might have cancer.

IDDQD

Rocket Edge
07-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Swinetastic.

Blue Harvest
07-07-2009, 10:44 AM
The Cave of Caerbannog is home to a mighty and fearsome dragon. To defeat it you must junction Blizzard spells to your attack and whack away with Renzokuken. Once the dragon is dead you will recieve a mysterious item known as 'PG's package'. You can either give it to PG in return for the orb of asl?, or ransom it back to him for 30,000 gil. The orb of asl? serves no actual purpose so go for the gil.

Jowy
07-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Mr. Papageorgio...how's Yuma?

theundeadhero
07-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Once Bud is in your party you can use his magic to go to the land of mysticism. There's all kinds of stuff to do in there. Just be careful of the status effects we alrady mentioned, like stoned and munchies. There's also giggles. I haven't found an item yet that cures the giggles so you just have to wait it out until the effect goes away. It can be pretty annoying sometimes. Especially the part where you're trying to choke your chicken but all you can do is keep giggling.

leader of mortals
07-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Actually the cure for giggles is found in the cave of mysticism, just a little bit into the land of mysticism and needing the orb of light, which you already have because you had to get Bud to travel to the land of mysticism. This is probably a glitch, but there is no need to complain. Halfway through the cave of mysticism you will find leader of mortals, and he will give you some of his funniest jokes, so you wont be laughing or giggling for quite a while. The only thing left in the cave of mysticism is a sword which is weaker than the sword you should have got when you defeated Meat Puppets cancer, which you should always do.

qwertysaur
07-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Watch out for theundeadhero's bees. They can cause the status effect BEES!!! where you can't stop running and you will not be able to open treasure. The cure is the item SPIDERS which will eat the bees. you then have to fight the spiders though, and they are a challenge. Spiders never drop anything.

oddler
07-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Another option is to punch every bee in the face. Same goes for the status effect giggles.

Depending on who you want in your final party, it's not always best to go after the strongest sword. If you refuse to eradicate Meat Puppet's cancer, then his friends Rantzien and BoB will have a falling out. It's not as bad as it sounds; in the end, Rantzien will end up tagging along. His Sticky Thread move is invaluable throughout the rest of the quest.

Also, High and Score, the twins that jacked your stash in the preceding chapter, can be found in a secret room in the final dungeon. To help out with the last confrontation, you'll need your stash. Raistlin has the key to the room. The easiest way to get High and Score is to slip Raistlin some rohypnol.

qwertysaur
07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
High and Score use twin based magic in their fight, so focus on one at a time. Score is best to take out first as he can revive High. If you take too long Raistlin will wake up and start throwing wrenches at you.

You can find rohypnol in the abandoned warehouse. Marshall Banana has the key, and you must find her in the Strawberry Hotel to get her to open the door. During the mission there is a secret requirement that if done will prompt her to join your party. She is a Samurai with White magic, and is usefull i the High and score battle.

leader of mortals
07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
If you refuse to eradicate Meat Puppet's cancer, then his friends Rantzien and BoB will have a falling out. It's not as bad as it sounds; in the end, Rantzien will end up tagging along. His Sticky Thread move is invaluable throughout the rest of the quest.

Actually, you can get Rantzien in the chapter after this anyway, and at a higher level, but he won't have his sticky thread move. It's ok though, because in just 3 more levels he learns Sticky Web, with slightly less damage(around 3/4), but it will hit a group of enemies.

And the secret requirement to get Marshall Banana is hinted at by Raistlin, but She will unfortunately leave in the next chapter and come back only at the end of the game, in the final dungeon.

Be careful if you choose to kill Score first, because then High will start using a magic spell called "Rye", which will immediatly charm all of your male party members.

After the Twin and Score battle, you will have to fight Shadows of yourself, but the easiest way to win this fight is to not fight your shadows, but instead attack the flashlight behind you.

Tavrobel
07-07-2009, 09:07 PM
You'll need a Purify spell from Duncraig if you want to damage the Flashlight, though. So, before you fight, backtrack from the Cave of Mysticism, and take a right at the save point. There should be a small crack in the wall, but you have to stand on a certain spot exactly to analyze it. Just keep trying. Once you do, you should enter Duncraig.

Beware the exploding barrels and green FLASH monsters. They're dressed exactly like the Flash, but green, and attack with giant oversized atoms. Make your way to the tentacle monster in the back. Then you'll get into a battle with Fleshlight, and once he's finished, listen to his story, and he'll give you the Purify spell so that you can attack the Flashlight, his mortal enemy. Purify comes on a rubber band that works only when equipped on your...

...more manly appendages.

Or attack the shadows. It isn't hard, you just need to make them as small as possible before you attack, since their HP changes based on size.

Jiro
07-07-2009, 10:26 PM
I was just at the pub with Bud, me and him go way back. Next time I see him I'll tell him to give you a shout, I'm sure he's got what you need.

Tavrobel
07-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Man, don't you just hate it when the programmers forget to update NPC responses? Bud's already in the party! Otherwise, you wouldn't be backtracking through Mysticism to cure the giggles.

TyphoonThaReapa
07-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Wow, I never though you'd guys would get THIS bored...:roll2

Tell you what man, I've got some bud. But first, you have to access the world map and take your airship into orbit. There, you can enter the Moon High Flowers. Bring me some of those Moon High Flowers and I'll get you higher than you've ever been in your life...

leader of mortals
07-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Wow, I never though you'd guys would get THIS bored...:roll2

Tell you what man, I've got some bud. But first, you have to access the world map and take your airship into orbit. There, you can enter the Moon High Flowers. Bring me some of those Moon High Flowers and I'll get you higher than you've ever been in your life...

No, you are thinking of later in the game. You dont have an airship when you first go to the land of mysticism. Bud gets kidnapped later and brought to the land of mysticism, so you then get the airship to return to the land of mysticism because bud's magic cant bring you there when he isn't with you.

Darkswordofchaos
07-08-2009, 05:28 AM
lol why did this get pinned? also ive got lots of moon high flowers and you cant have them

Jessweeee♪
07-08-2009, 05:32 AM
You could just go to your local convenience store!

qwertysaur
07-08-2009, 05:33 AM
lol why did this get pinned? also ive got lots of moon high flowers and you cant have them
Did you read the thread title?

McLovin'
07-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Epic.

eestlinc
07-08-2009, 07:59 AM
The irony of this thread is that there probably are EoFF members that could help you score weed around Yuma. I assume they'd contact you via PM, though.

Blue Harvest
07-08-2009, 10:51 AM
There is only one airship, the Highwind, and unfortunately it isn't for sale. But if it's owner, Cid, likes you enough he'll let you use it as much as you want for free. To get him to like you enough you'll need the Staff of Lulz which can be found in a locked chest in Quin's room. The key is actually locked inside the chest and there's no known way of opening it aside from smashing it with the Warhammer of Ban which can be bought from ShlupQuack. Smashing the chest will wake Quin up however, and he will start to attack you. You can either kill him and loot his body for the key to the other chest that contains the Mask of Breine, a very powerful piece of armour that when equipped makes all the ladies swoon, or yield to him by holding Block and talking to him and he'll join your party. He is at level 36 and is a powerful Afro Ninja, but if you don't kill him you won't get the Mask of Breine.

theundeadhero
07-08-2009, 03:14 PM
They forgot to mention an easy trick for beating the tentacle monster. Only put guys in your party at the time. The tentacle monster will only attack girls. If you've been neglecting to level all four of the boys up you can use girls in the party but it's not as easy. Make sure they have chastity belts equiped or you'll be bringing them back to life every other turn unless they have a lot of experience. The tentacle will hit each of them every turn and score a critical hit each time. The chastity belt will cause the tentacles to do half damage. To get chastity belts you have to be a member of the priestess guild and trade them vows of celebacy.

leader of mortals
07-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I normally use all girls for the tentacle monster... :ashamed:

Shoeberto
07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
You'll find yourself having to close your thread pre-emptively, though - you want to make sure you get a snapshot of it while it's still hot. Otherwise you face the inevitable stagnation with bandwagon hoppers telling you to get the Monkey Pants to fight the Cheese Monster. But if you manage to archive it before that, you will forever be

The Hero.

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING