PDA

View Full Version : I Did Something I Haven't Done In A Long Time

TyphoonThaReapa
07-09-2009, 08:58 PM
A'yo, I cut my hair people. I've been growin' my hair for 8 years and I finally cut it because I'm startin' from scratch once I get to Seattle. But I can't help be to regret it even though I knew cuttin' it would happen sooner or later. Plus, I feel naked son. I plan on growin' it back once I get situated in Seattle, but maybe that won't be a good idea. Do y'all think I should keep my hair cut low or grow it out again? If so, why? Hook' me up people...:cool:

Momiji
07-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I know how you feel. My hair is normally pretty long, and when I get it cut, I never like how it looks, ever.

Fortunately, my hair grows really fast, too. Because of this, I used to have to get it cut at least once a month. Now I've managed to extend that time to maybe every month and a half by just getting more cut off.

Right now, it's right where I like it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Real Talk: Pics or it didn't happen.

TyphoonThaReapa
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I know how you feel. My hair is normally pretty long, and when I get it cut, I never like how it looks, ever.

Fortunately, my hair grows really fast, too. Because of this, I used to have to get it cut at least once a month. Now I've managed to extend that time to maybe every month and a half by just getting more cut off.

Interesting Momiji, I don't recall this thread being about you...:roll2...but for the sake of decision, what's the longest your hair has ever grown son?

Damn, I don't have a camera right now. Do you need pics for EVERYTHIN' man?

drotato
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I hate cutting my hair. I won't for a really long time. I got it trimmed a few months ago, but that's all I'm gonna do to it. I like long hair. It's hard to take care of sometimes, but it beats me with short hair anyday. :kaoindif:

Breine
07-09-2009, 09:16 PM

Yup!

I like having long hair, but I sometimes get the urge to cut the entire thing off (which I actually did once - "Prison Break", holla!). My hair is now long again, after 9 months of growing, and I again think about cutting it off. I probably won't for quite some time, though, since I know how long it takes for it to get properly long again.

Argh, always want what you don't have!

Shattered Dreamer
07-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I grew my hair to about elbow length in my late teens, cut it a good shorter when I came to college. Last August got it cut real short for this hotel job I had. But since late April/May I've been growing it again I figure since I ain't continuing the next phase of law school why bother having short hair. I never felt like "me" with short hair.(if that makes sense to anyone:p)

qwertysaur
07-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I cut it when it gets annoying. (about every two to three months):p

Rantz
07-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I think you should grow Princess Leia sidebuns, Reapa.

I can never decide whether I want short or semilong hair, so I mostly just alternate between the two. Short feels nicer and is low-maintenance. Semilong looks better (imo, anyway) and is nice to toy around with. In random news, I cut my own hair. Goodbye, hairdresser costs. Hello, metrosexual stamp.

Bunny
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
CORN ROWSDFHDSJAG;FAHGA

Depression Moon
07-09-2009, 11:07 PM
You must have one huge afro, like that old rapper from back in the day what's his name? Or do you have dreadlocks?

Momiji
07-10-2009, 01:24 AM

Interesting Momiji, I don't recall this thread being about you...:roll2...but for the sake of decision, what's the longest your hair has ever grown son?

I was only making a comment. :sweat:

I never actually measured my hair before, but the longest it has ever been was about an inch shy of shoulder-length. Can't say I really liked it that long, though. What about you?

Vermachtnis
07-10-2009, 01:30 AM
You should grow a giant afro and put one of the combs in it.

I can't grow my hair long. It's really curly so it just gets thicker and thicker. I got to cut it before it gets to heavy to left my head.

rubah
07-10-2009, 01:33 AM
my personal best
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/mes/hair.jpg

Evastio
07-10-2009, 02:42 AM
It'd kind of help if you had a picture with a good view of your hair and face. It really matters on if it'd fit well with your face or not.

Fonzie
07-10-2009, 03:37 AM
It'd kind of help if you had a picture with a good view of your hair and face. It really matters on if it'd fit well with your face or not.

I've read this over like, 5 times, and I still haven't got a clue what it's talking about. :p

The Space Pope
07-10-2009, 03:55 AM
I did something I haven't done in a long time too

I took a shower.

Meat Puppet
07-10-2009, 06:14 AM
They have popes in space now?!?!!

The Space Pope
07-10-2009, 06:29 AM
I have always been and always shall be.

If you would like to know more about me and my religion please send 20 credits to:

The Space Pope
S.P.O.Box 36573636.3
Horsehead Nebula
Sector 0071

rubah
07-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Do you take travellers checks?

The Space Pope
07-10-2009, 06:43 AM
If they are capable of traveling time, yes

Vyk
07-10-2009, 06:46 AM
When I was in high school I could sit on my hair. That was pretty not awesome. It was weird to cut it after growing it for more than four years. I just cut my hair tonight.. Woo

Blue Harvest
07-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I prefer keeping my hair short (the length it is now is exactly how I like it) but my girlfriend's making me grow it out because she wants to turn me emo.

Iceglow
07-10-2009, 11:18 AM
I think you should probably keep it short unless you're going the dreadlock route of keeping you hair in which case as long as possible is best.

I used to grow my hair long, the longest it ever got was halfway down my back somewhere between the shoulder blades. My hair when really long can look good on me but I tend to get immensely bored of taking care of it and thus at some point or another will generally end up getting rid of my hair. I currently have had short hair for like the last 6 years and don't think I'll grow it long again because my hair looks good short or stupidly long and nothing in between.

ReloadPsi
07-10-2009, 12:02 PM
I love short hair! I find taking care of hair to be a major pain in the ass so as soon as it's a little too long for me I go round the barber's and get a #1 all over. Problem solved.

Goatees are fun to have too. Gives you something to stroke.

Rocket Edge
07-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Keep it short, you head will heat up less with the summer sun.

Dynast-Kid
07-10-2009, 08:40 PM
My hair grows really fast, and I haven't gotten it cut in like, a month. Right now i've got these crazy, fuzzy sideburns I hate. I usually like a short, close cut. I had a black guy mohawk a while ago, and I think I might want to get one again~

rubah
07-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Keep it short, you head will heat up less with the summer sun.

Donal (sp? sry) reveals his scant knowledge of Seattle. 8)

Evastio
07-10-2009, 09:33 PM
I've read this over like, 5 times, and I still haven't got a clue what it's talking about. :p
I was responding to TyphoonThaReapa's first post.

If you read it like this it should make a lot more sense.

TyphoonThaReapa: Do y'all think I should keep my hair cut low or grow it out again? If so, why?

Evastio: It'd kind of help if you had a picture with a good view of your hair and face. It really matters on if it'd fit well with your face or not.

Iceglow
07-11-2009, 12:47 AM
I noticed something today. I actually have the exact same hairstyle at the moment that David Beckham has. I just don't have it bloody blonde.

TyphoonThaReapa
07-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Lol, a'yo. I do have pictures with my fro on my profile page. But I would never do any hairstyle besides braids. I don't like dreads at all. And for some strange reason, the back of my neck was VERY hot for the first three days after the haircut. I wonder why?