PDA

View Full Version : gets and donts

sir helix
07-10-2009, 11:48 PM
her discuss things you get and things you dont. lets be funny about this.

ok i get the oathkeeper, but why the hell is oblivion so damn important.

i dont under stand how namine is kairi's nobodie if kairi never became a heartless.

and why is every body whereing damn black cloaks..... mickey for one.

Why would anyone want to take the name of a man who eats sea salt ice cream.

and why wasnt the cool keyblades; one-winged angel and diamond dust in kh2.

and my final dont get is this........... If Kairi was "given" a keyblade then why the hell didnt she do anything.

blackmage_nuke
07-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Why did Sora have to go around fixing every problem he came across in KH2. I thought he was looking for Riku and Kairi, Aladdin and Jasmine's marital problems had little or nothing to do with that (Not to mention it was none of his business).

Wolf Kanno
07-11-2009, 04:48 AM
I know we are suppose to just tell things we don't understand but I'd like to answer two of your questions.

ok i get the oathkeeper, but why the hell is oblivion so damn important.

It represents Riku, its Japanese name is "Passing Memories" and due to it only being obtained in Castle Oblivion after the Riku fight, its suggested to be a representation of Sora's connection to Riku. The teeth of the key is apparently fashioned to look like the kanji for darkness while the Oathkeeper's is the kanji for light.

dont under stand how namine is kairi's nobodie if kairi never became a heartless.

When Sora used the Dark Keyblade on himself in Castle Oblivion, it affected both his own heart and the heart of Kairi who was contained within Sora's body. Kairi never got transformed by a Heartless but her heart underwent the process. It didn't create a Heartless because she is one of the Princesses of Hearts but it allowed the creation of Nobody... despite not making much sense since Nobodies are the discarded remains of a Heartless' former body. Yet then again, its stated often that she is not normal for even a Nobody.

Tavrobel
07-11-2009, 04:55 AM
but why the hell is oblivion so damn important.

i dont under stand how namine is kairi's nobodie if kairi never became a heartless.

and why is every body whereing damn black cloaks..... mickey for one.

and why wasnt the cool keyblades; one-winged angel and diamond dust in kh2.

and my final dont get is this........... If Kairi was "given" a keyblade then why the hell didnt she do anything.

Oblivion represents Sora's link to Riku, in Keyblade form. after all, it's found in Hollow Bastion after a fight with Riku, just as Kairi gives you the keychain for Oathkeeper. The names are also symbolic: Oathkeeper, because Sora never forgets anything when Kairi is involved; Oblivion is representative of Riku's path to the darkness, and that Ansem would consume him.

You don't need to form a Heartless, it's the act of losing your Heart that creates a Heartless: the Heart that no longer has a form takes shape and begins to hunt other Hearts attempting to get its own back. The strength of a Heartless is dependent on how much Darkness is with you; Kairi, as a Princess has no such Darkness. Notice how even Sora has a Heartless form. She lost (gave away for protection) her Heart during the night of the storm on Destiny Islands.

Re:CoM gives an explanation for what can easily be assumed about the cloaks. They hide/protect their wearers from the raw power of the darkness. Even the Nobodies know not to screw with it, especially when they use dark portals freely.

Because Sora doesn't find the keychains necessary for OWA/DD in KHII. They're only in CoM because they represent his memories of the two special Coliseum challenge matches, Ice Titan and Sephiroth, respectively. The Coliseum's tournament functions are non existent in CoM. Nobodies in Castle Oblivion can change all manner of objects into cards.

She did; in the cutscene where her blade forms, she starts to whack Heartless around. As for the final sequence of battles, it was because she was locked out of Kingdom Hearts.

Aladdin and Jasmine's marital problems had little or nothing to do with that (Not to mention it was none of his business).

Aladdin and Jasmine do not wed in Return of Jafar, nor does he solve any of their problems other than defeating Jafar, who was once again causing trouble for Agrabah.

EDIT: Kanno, way to freakin' ninja me. Especially when my answers praise the localization process when yours just brings in more of that Nihonjin :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Says the person with an anime-related set.

Wolf Kanno
07-11-2009, 05:43 AM
;)

FFIX Choco Boy
07-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Yup, I see the resemblance between the two keyblades and thier two corresponding Kanji.

Wolf Kanno
07-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't get how the Roxas prologue in KHII can be so excellent and the rest of the game's plot be so crappy...

I don't get why Chain of Memories is overlooked in the series when its the best entry so far...

Sword
07-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't get how the Roxas prologue in KHII can be so excellent and the rest of the game's plot be so crappy...

I don't get why Chain of Memories is overlooked in the series when its the best entry so far...

I think the plot gets good when you have to go around all the worlds a 2nd time and the stories involve the organization members. The scenes with Xaldin are awesome sauce. But up until that you just have to deal with rubbish drawn out disney scenes.

Wolf Kanno
07-12-2009, 11:55 PM

I think the plot gets good when you have to go around all the worlds a 2nd time and the stories involve the organization members. The scenes with Xaldin are awesome sauce. But up until that you just have to deal with rubbish drawn out disney scenes.

I honestly feel the opposite. I felt Org. XIII was rather poorly used in KHII, only Demyx, Saix, and Xemnas are sorta fleshed out and memorable. Even Axel who was a big part of CoM felt more like a minor character than he should have been.

sir helix
07-13-2009, 04:11 AM
another thing thats been buggin me sense the 1st game, the default key has the mickey logo on it, so what would the keyblade look like with no keychain. the keyblade of darkness has no chain on it. so what then?

i always thought of it like a mass of plasma in there hands untill a chain is attached and it become stable and takes shape.

Tavrobel
07-13-2009, 05:11 AM
The Keyblade probably retains the shape that it takes when the previous chain was attached until a new one is added. Otherwise, Sora would get a blue screen every time he wanted to change equipment.

It doesn't need one. It only has one form.

qwertysaur
07-13-2009, 08:40 AM
I don't get Nomuras love affair with belts and zippers.

sir helix
07-15-2009, 06:32 AM
that must be a fetish of his, cus we all got one, no matter how bizzar it might be. for example i like napes. and with belts and zippers, the more i think about it the more it makes me fear bondage lol