PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Play Problem

Carl the Llama
07-11-2009, 06:36 PM
ok so you may or may not know I recently had to reinstall windows and I have update my PC to SP3 but for some unknown reason every time I try to play a video on WMP be it a downloaded vid or shop bought dvd it appears really dark and I cant see hardly anything, iv tried installing different codecs and whatnot but to no avail it always appears dark.

Can anyone help me sort this out as it is driveing me up the wall.

EDIT: Oh and im useing WMP 11

Momiji
07-11-2009, 07:09 PM
I've never heard of something just happening like this, so it may just be a problem with your settings.

Try View -> Enhancements -> Show Enhancements

Find the Video Settings, and play with the settings (Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast) until it looks right.

Carl the Llama
07-11-2009, 08:08 PM
I've never heard of something just happening like this, so it may just be a problem with your settings.

Try View -> Enhancements -> Show Enhancements

Find the Video Settings, and play with the settings (Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast) until it looks right.

I tried playing with the settings but for some strange reason every time I do it automatically goes back to the center and even if I hold it there it still doesnt change it.

Namelessfengir
07-11-2009, 08:31 PM
i got nothing...... use vlc

Momiji
07-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Hm. In that case...

i got nothing...... use vlc Combined Community Codec Pack (http://www.cccp-project.net/)

Fixed.

Namelessfengir
07-11-2009, 08:54 PM
cccp sucks i switched from that to vlc

Momiji
07-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Ain't that a shame.

Rantz
07-11-2009, 09:02 PM
I haven't had a single video problem since I switched to GOM player a few years ago. If a codec is missing (which is very rare), there's a link to get the right codec from their website, it takes about 20 seconds from warning message to problem solved.