PDA

View Full Version : The Legendary Starfy

Evastio
07-12-2009, 03:50 AM
Has anyone gotten their hands on this game yet?

I have. I must say I'm really enjoying it and it's a really big step forward compared to the GBA games. They managed to keep the same gameplay (except for Bunston's transformations, which I'm kind of lukewarm to right now) and feel of a Starfy game while updating the graphics and giving multiple uses to the touch screen, without making the gameplay completely revolve around it (from giving advice to being a treasure detector).

And Starfy's "squee" is insanely cute as well. :love:

ljkkjlcm9
07-12-2009, 04:25 AM
I got the game this past week in Best Buy's buy 2 get 1 free DS game sale. My other two games were New Super Mario Bros (which is still 35$ after 3 years wtf) and Suikoden Tierkreis.

However, I haven't started playing yet as I've been playing New Super Mario Bros, which I've wanted for awhile, and with the Wii game coming, and this deal, it was probably the best time for me to get/try it.

I have been pretty busy though, so I don't get a lot of time to play games anymore. I'll be opening this one soon! I've only heard good things, except that it's extremely easy.

THE JACKEL

Evastio
07-18-2009, 07:29 PM
There's no denying its lack of difficulty. Though getting 100% on all of the levels adds a bit more challenge.

I'm missing quite a few of the chests from World 2 and onward. I guess it's somewhat like Kirby where defeating the game is easy enough but clearing out all of the levels 100% is hard.

qwertysaur
07-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Starfy is so cute :)

Depression Moon
07-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I heard it's a Kirby clone.

Evastio
07-22-2009, 12:47 AM
I heard it's a Kirby clone.
Croc is more of a Crash Bandicoot clone than Starfy is a Kirby Clone.

Sure, the graphics are very similar, but the overall gameplay is very different. Kirby gameplay is more in the land and air and the controls revolve around the different powers he gets. Starfy gameplay is mostly underwater and the controls always remain rather simple, with only one method of attacking (either spinning or Bunston's transformation's attack). Also, getting 100% in Starfy doesn't heavily rely on exploring every nook and cranny of a level like Kirby does. You need both a lot of pearls and creativity to get every suit, accessory, and special unlocked.