PDA

View Full Version : Pesky Malboros...

Imperfectionist
07-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I recently started to replay FF8 and am enjoying it immensely :D but now I need malboro tentacles but I can't find any malboros :mad2:
I've just done the bit where you go to Esthar for the first time and leave Rinoa with Odine, i've been wandering round Esthar City and The Great Plains of Esthar for aaaagggeeesss but I just keep getting into fights with Mesmerises :( can anyone tell me where to find malboros?

Marshall Banana
07-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Island Closest to Hell and/or Island Closest to Heaven, but I think you need the airship to reach them. I don't know of any other places where Malboros are encountered, but encounters with them are frequent on the islands. You'll acquire the airship soon, too.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/map-world.gif

For now, you can play Triple Triad in order to win Malboro cards, which refine into Malboro Tentacles!

Imperfectionist
07-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Oh thanks so much! I just found one on The Great Plains though lol

Saber
07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
I find that The Island Closest To Heaven has way more Malboros. Anyways you just found a rare battle in great plains of esthar cause they don't show up there that much. I heard in the forest near chocobo sancturary they pop up too.

Shattered Dreamer
07-12-2009, 08:17 PM
The Esthar forest has quite a few I really hate Malboros:mad2:

ReloadPsi
07-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Barely relevant piece of advice.

Have a character with 100% protection against Berserk, and Confuse if possible (though not absolutely essential, it does make it a bit quicker) and give said character the Item command so they can use Remedies.

Problem solved. Malboros are easy once you know that.