PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII vs XIII

Tuhkasieni
07-12-2009, 10:21 PM
I think that Final Fantasy Versus XIII seems more interesting than FFXIII. I dont know why, i think the characters and trailers seem somewhat more interesting. Also the environments in FFvsXIII are something more in my taste. It's probably way too early to compare these games with each other but I just have more expectations for FFvsXIII.

What do you think?

:D

Sword
07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
I feel the same. Also the fact that the gameplay is supposed to be a more realistic version of KH with teleporting really intrigues me. Also the glyphs in the game look awesome.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-12-2009, 11:11 PM
FFXIII's setting just seems to be repeating established tropes from previous games, while trying to obfuscate its own lack of originality with random Cool-sounding English labels like "Pulse" and "Cocoon." I'm much more interested in Versus XIII's moody, near-realistic urban world of guys in black suits and ladies standing in front of Amano paintings.

sdm42393
07-13-2009, 12:25 AM
...and ladies standing in front of Amano paintings.

If only that was a regular occurrence in real life.

Jiro
07-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Versus might just be the game that makes me buy a PS3. Relevant to my tastes, one could say.

Wolf Kanno
07-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I've begun to lose interest. The promise of amazing gameplay without screenshots has irked me to no end; and after learning about Noctis' personality, I'm quite turned off. I have issues playing as supposed demi-gods who have middle school problems. I can already tell, I'll be spending most of the cutscenes yelling at Noctis, like I did Cloud and Yuna, telling him to stop being a spineless wimp and get over himself. His epiphany will not come soon enough for me. The mafia spin sounds interesting but nothing outside of the Deep Dive knockoff trailer has really impressed me much. Only when I compare it to XIII does the game look promising but knowing my luck it will be more like the usual Nomura stuff than XIII will be...

Zerokku
07-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Typical nomura dreck filled with over the top melodrama and BS faux-philosophy?

Yah... no thanks.