PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia: Favorite Childhood Shows

Unbreakable Will
07-13-2009, 02:44 PM
I was looking at Quin's profile, and started remembering The Muppet Show as anyone who remembers anyhting from the 80-90s should (im a 90s child). I loved the hecklers, they were my favorite ones, Fozzie being my second favorite. Another favorite of mine was the original Marvel cartoon shows (just about every one) and the original TMNT. So what are your favorite shows of the past?

Quindiana Jones
07-13-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm currently watching Yu-Gi-Oh! (the good ones, before GayX came out - hehe came out). It's awesome. But also really :bou::bou::bou::bou:. I think there should be a drinking game regarding YGO, where you have a drink every time they do something completely moronic or illogical. That would get you real wasted, real fast.

Unbreakable Will
07-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Omg, there should be such a game.... and hehehe came out, I almost missed that.

Aerith's Knight
07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm currently watching Yu-Gi-Oh! (the good ones, before GayX came out - hehe came out). It's awesome. But also really :bou::bou::bou::bou:. I think there should be a drinking game regarding YGO, where you have a drink every time they do something completely moronic or illogical. That would get you real wasted, real fast.

A double drink when they are astonished by an obvious move from another player.

..Although that'd probably kill you.

blackmage_nuke
07-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Take a drink any time they mention friendship?

And every time someone fails to notice the extremely obvious trap card.

Quindiana Jones
07-13-2009, 03:01 PM
YES.

...and almost certainly yes. How about a drink for every time friendship somehow saves the day? And whenever Yugi believes in the heart of the cards to get him the one card in the whole game that can save his ass (even though his ass shouldn't even need saving if he's so good), which he luckily has in his piss poor deck, and OMGHEGOTIT.

Momiji
07-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Every time they mention 'the heart of the cards', imo

EDIT: Damn it Quin >_>

blackmage_nuke
07-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Everytime they use card games to resolve problems instead of communication or violence

Unbreakable Will
07-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Everytime they use card games to resolve problems instead of communication or violence
Cheers to that!
Damn heart of the cards, If my cards have heart then I wouldn't lose to Nikki in every single card game known to man...or maybe they just hate me.

Quindiana Jones
07-13-2009, 03:06 PM

Freaking yes. And everytime an adult doesn't just kick Yugis head in and steal his bloody Millennium Puzzle.

Unbreakable Will
07-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Oh NOOOOOOOO!!! I lost a card game, there is no possible way I can steal his puzzle noooow...
prick

Quindiana Jones
07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
MIND CRUSH!

Anyone remember the one where Yugi and Téa (or whatever) are reminiscing? Téa gets mugged in a little alley or something by a big strong bloke, but along comes Yugi to save the day. Yugi gets floored, Yami gets up. Yami is still Yugi's body though, so the mugger could easily just floor him again. Does he? DOES HE HECK. Yami challenges him to a little game and the mugger accepts. Mugger gets one of Yugis strongest cards, but Yami believs in the heart of the cards, and because he's doing it for friendship he gets a higher card and wins. Day saved.

What. The. Hell.

Unbreakable Will
07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
I only remember a few of the better episodes, but I do remember the utter disregard for "Why don't I punch this little dude in the face and steal his :bou::bou::bou::bou:" logic

Khaotic
07-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Saved by the bell while eating poptarts before going to school, and pokemon of course.

Loony BoB
07-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Transformers
Dinosaucers
Denver, The Last Dinosaur
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Snorks

Psychotic
07-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Threads on TV shows belong in the Lounge. :cool:

Knightmare.

squiike
07-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Childhood memories? aah yes..that was the time

* NO 1 tv show nostalgia is *Drumroll* .... YouTube - The Girl From Tomorrow - Opening Credits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmWvtJCSxxM)

* The freetime between the classes at school(from 7yrs old to 12)
* Marbles and cardgames(Doomtrooper)
* Nintendo, supernintendo - donkey kong
* Samson & Sally movie, turtles, Fraggle Rock/ Fraggle Hill
* vecaions
* the 90's and the music

Breine
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Power Rangers was probably my favourite show as a kid :cool:

charliepanayi
07-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Maid Marian and her Merry Men - genius!

Dolentrean
07-13-2009, 08:35 PM
-Power Rangers
-Beast Wars
-D&D
-The Profiler

Marshall Banana
07-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears. (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9D1BB16A226DC308) :gruffi:

Unbreakable Will
07-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Power Rangers was a thing for me until I was around 7, then I lost interest. I remember Beast Wars too, it was kind of like transformers no? Or am I thinking of something else?

Dolentrean
07-13-2009, 09:56 PM
I remember Beast Wars too, it was kind of like transformers no? Or am I thinking of something else?

Beast Wars was an offshoot of transformers.

black orb
07-13-2009, 11:18 PM
>>> I grew up watching anime from the 70`s, thats pretty old..
I also remember TMNT, GI-Joe, Thundercats and stuff like that.

Loony BoB
07-13-2009, 11:48 PM
I can barely comprehend how anyone can see a fully 3D-animated TV show as 'nostalgia'. =|

Quindiana Jones
07-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Because we're young, grandpa. :roll2

McLovin'
07-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Recess
Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
Yu-Gi-Oh!

blackmage_nuke
07-14-2009, 01:35 AM
What. The. Hell.

I use my catapult turtle to launch my Dragon Champion into your castle of dark illusions, shattering it's floatation ring causing it to fall on your monsters!

Bunny
07-14-2009, 02:28 AM
The Secret World of Alex Mack.

LunarWeaver
07-14-2009, 02:44 AM
Hahaha, Alex Mack. I loved that show. Also second Ninja Turtles and Thundercats. I watched :bou::bou::bou::bou: like Rainbow Brite and My Little Pony too. But who's surprised.

Edit: And Gargoyles.

Unbreakable Will
07-14-2009, 05:03 AM
Oh wow, some of these shows I'd forgotten about, Alex Mak and THUNDERCATS "snarf snarf Liono" :P

drotato
07-14-2009, 05:04 AM
KABLAM!
I FREAKING LOVE THAT SHOW.
I watched every episode. =D

Quindiana Jones
07-14-2009, 10:26 AM
What. The. Hell.

I use my catapult turtle to launch my Dragon Champion into your castle of dark illusions, shattering it's floatation ring causing it to fall on your monsters!

YES.

I don't care how many flaws it has though. Some of the things Yami says (SHOUTS!) genuinely give me shivers. Whoever the voice actor is, he's got a freaking epic voice.

Jiro
07-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Biker Mice from Mars. Guys, doesn't the name just reek of awesome?

And also a shout out to Thunderbirds. That show made every kid give up on being an astronaut because it was no where near as cool as the Thunderbirds.

Unbreakable Will
07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Quin:
Indeed, I always wondered why that guy didn't make it big, could be exceptionally ugly, although he could still have done voice acting haha

Vermachtnis
07-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Tiny Toon Adventures, especially the Baby Plucky ones. Mostly the elevator and potty ones :D

Rugrats
Hey Arnold
Doug
Angry Beavers
*More Nicktoons*

What. The. Hell.

YES.

I don't care how many flaws it has though. Some of the things Yami says (SHOUTS!) genuinely give me shivers. Whoever the voice actor is, he's got a freaking epic voice.

DAN GREEN

McLovin'
07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Dan Green's normal voice sounds like a deeper voice of Yugi. Any deeper and its Yami!

YES.

DARK MAGICIAN! DARK MAGIC ATTAAACK!

LOVE IT

xXsarahXx
07-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Sonic the hedgehog and sharkey and george were the greatest shows ever when i was a kid!!
they used to be on 1 after the other too, epic win. Getting up at 5:30 am to watch them, epic fail!

Dolentrean
07-14-2009, 10:07 PM
I can barely comprehend how anyone can see a fully 3D-animated TV show as 'nostalgia'. =|

REBOOT!

themagicroundabout
07-15-2009, 02:50 AM
http://www.criterionpic.com/cpl/images/lcl_cinar_herbs.jpg

The Herbs ^, The Magic Roundabout, of course, Dangermouse, Super Ted, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Biker Mice from Mars, Beetleborgs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDNxyMLgykQ) (far superior to Power Rangers, always), all the Looney Toons classics, and many, many more, etc. etc. etc.

Unbreakable Will
07-15-2009, 02:56 AM
Oh man id forgotten about the Beetleborgs.

Darkswordofchaos
07-15-2009, 03:46 AM
beast wars
the mario cartoon
thunder cats
ren and stimpy

Edit: oh yeah beetle borgs to that was tha umaro
and reboot to

qwertysaur
07-15-2009, 04:07 AM
GARGOYLES

Dolentrean
07-15-2009, 05:47 AM
GARGOYLES

:bigsmile:

Darkswordofchaos
07-15-2009, 05:59 AM
KABLAM!
I FREAKING LOVE THAT SHOW.
I watched every episode. =D

Oh man i forgot about kablam that was the best.
Untill you have a sasquatch working on your show you fail.

Acction league now!!!!!! staring
Melt man, with the power TO MELT!!!!

and prometheus and bob

I didnt know you used to be a purple alein that created the modern man bob

Unbreakable Will
07-15-2009, 03:27 PM
I remember watching Kablam almost everyday.
Gargoyles was the :bou::bou::bou::bou:, whats better than a fucking gargoyle kicking the bad guys ass?

Jiro
07-15-2009, 03:46 PM
GARGOYLES

:bigsmile:

:Eek:! I used to watch that with my dad when he still did things with me! xD

qwertysaur
07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Xanatos fan club. Now!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/02/Xanatos.JPG/250px-Xanatos.JPG

Slade
07-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Transformers (original)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (original)
Captain Planet
Widget the World Watcher
Heman (original, but the remake from the early 00's was rather cool too)
Conan (cartoon from early 90's)
Darkwing Duck
Tailspin
Ducktales
Doug
Tazmania
Beast Wars
Sailor Moon
Denver the Last Dinosaur
Danger Mouse
Sonic the Hedgehog (the one they refer to as the SatAM or whatever)

Jesus their were so many good shows during the 80's and early to mid 90's........ I miss the good ol' days :cry:
That's not all of them, by the way, just the ones I can actually remember at the moment.