PDA

View Full Version : Vista hates Psychotic, we need a cure.

Baloki
07-13-2009, 11:43 PM
So I'm trying to play an RPGMaker 2000 game on Vista 64 bit (Ultimate Edition btw) but I keep getting an odd error about DirectDraw whenever I try to play, does anyone know a fix?

(Screenshot attached)

Shoeberto
07-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Might have something to do with desktop compositing. Try right-clicking the application file, going to Properties, Compatibility, and then check Disable desktop composition. You lose the fancy Aero effects but a lot of games can't handle running when they're enabled (it gets reactivated when you close the game though)

Baloki
07-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Just tried turning all the compat options on, along with setting it as far back as 95 to no avail :S

Namelessfengir
07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
you might need to set up a virtual box.... well first does the game work on xp? if so you can set up a virtual install of xp on your vista and install the game in there

if you need to do that i can talk you through it

Meat Puppet
07-19-2009, 10:35 AM
I had a DirectDraw error when trying to play Age of Empires 2. I’ve been trying to fix it for years, but haven’t made an progress. It seems logical that Microsoft are trying to weed out older games by slowly rendering them unplayable.

drotato
07-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Fengir is such a great computer geek. It makes me happy. =D

Goldenboko
07-20-2009, 10:19 PM
So I'm trying to play an RPGMaker 2000 game on Vista 64 bit (Ultimate Edition btw) but I keep getting an odd error about DirectDraw whenever I try to play, does anyone know a fix?

(Screenshot attached)

I know mine works quite fine on Vista (scratch that not "quite fine" but it works), but I don't think we have the same editions.

Iceglow
07-21-2009, 12:55 AM
don't think I didn't notice that you're a BNP loving fur fag there Loki!

Oh and I'm having some trouble with resource management it seems I'm going to try the compat options again (set to run xp service pack 2)

edit: not having much joy and this is on my laptop windows vista 32bit not sure what is causing this massive resource drain I've got 3 gigs of ram on this...