PDA

View Full Version : The Rocky Horror Picture Show...

Unbreakable Will
07-15-2009, 01:59 AM
I was forced to watch this today, I've been dreading it ever since Nikki said she was going to make me watch it. It actually wasn't that bad, although I haven't told her this, there were just some moments of squeamishness during the homo parts. And in my defense these guys weren't just "Oh they might be gay - or - that might have been a sexual pass at another man." it was "Oh god, there they go floating around making noise - or - umm it looks like those men just had sexual intercourse with one another and one of them wasn't screaming 'Rape, there goes my pride.' "

I'm not downing the gay community, it's just that flamboyant man kissing in front of me makes me uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable moments aside, the movie was quite funny and original. Frank-n-furter was hilarious, although creepy, and Brad's stupidity cracked me up. Janet was a whore and that one chick with the squeeky voice pissed me off.

So what movies make you uncomfortable in some parts?

and

If you've seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show, what did you think about it?

NeoCracker
07-15-2009, 02:05 AM
God I love this movie. :love:

Riff Raff owns your soul. O_O

Jowy
07-15-2009, 02:05 AM
I love the living :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of this movie. It was actually on TV the other day, but Shalyn turned it off and made me go to sleep.

rubah
07-15-2009, 02:07 AM
It'll grow on you. It creeped me out a lot the first time I watched it, but the songs are undeniable.

Also a healthy love of Meat Loaf helped.

Jowy
07-15-2009, 02:08 AM
also don't bother downloading the "Rocky Horror Punk Show" album. it sucks.

Unbreakable Will
07-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Yeah, Nikki said it'd grow on me, and the music actually wasn't bad.

Psychotic
07-15-2009, 02:45 AM
I first saw it when I was 12 and obviously I was kind of close-minded and didn't really see homosexuality and transexuality as normal. Like I didn't really think anybody actually did that kind of stuff, that it was just used for insults at school. Anyway, I thought it'd just be a horror movie and I was like "Oh no! Poor Brad and Jan...what the smurf?" It really opened my mind to that kind of thing.

I haven't seen it in years but I often put the soundtrack on because it is ace - anything cheesy and I am all over it - and Tim Curry is a badman. I couldn't find a full version of it to stream from online when I wanted to watch it the other week (I don't do torrents) which was lame. :(

Wolf Kanno
07-15-2009, 05:30 AM
I love this movie and I tend to break out into singing "Sweet Transvestite" at a moment's whim. Love this movie and its wonderful soundtrack. :love:

Vermachtnis
07-15-2009, 06:13 AM
Everyone should be forced to watch that movie once. Nothing people say can prepare you for it.

Jessweeee♪
07-15-2009, 06:35 AM
Instead of my parents talking to us about sex, my aunt and her boyfriend took us to see this on stage. It was neat, but they kept looking at us like "well what did you think? it was weeeeeird, right? Like reeeeeaaally weird?"

:|

sir helix
07-15-2009, 06:36 AM
i love this film,

im not gay but in theyr def, most ppl are very biased on the subject. Iv surveyed ppl and amost every guy said they dont care if two girls make out but when they see two guys doing it they wanna puke. The gay community is very desent part of the world and i wish oneday everyone will think that aswel.

drotato
07-15-2009, 06:49 AM
You loved this movie and you know it. It's freaking badass. ;D

Moon Rabbits
07-15-2009, 07:24 AM
I fucking love this movie so fucking much fuck.

NOW GO WATCH HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH! You'll be a better person for it.

Jowy
07-15-2009, 11:42 PM
yes, watch hedwig.

Araciel
07-16-2009, 04:32 AM
Iconic cult movie with cool tunes and Tim Curry... what more do you WANT?!

jeezuz

Anyway yeah creepy movies?! I haven't been creeped out for a while by a movie.. I've become largely desensitized to a lot. I can't think of one from my childhood either.

qwertysaur
07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Lets do the time warp agaaaaaaaain! ♪

Slade
07-16-2009, 01:05 PM
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a brilliant movie, no matter how strange. Tim Curry is the man. I remember seeing this for the first time way back when I was too young to even get most of it.

Breine
07-16-2009, 04:08 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. It's pretty much a classic.

Quindiana Jones
07-16-2009, 04:20 PM
I have seen in once. I was in a theatre with over 100 hundred fans. They were all dressed in very RHPS outfits and pulled all the jokes and sung and danced to all the songs. It was amazing. And we threw rice and played with latex gloves.

Audience: "Dude! Where's your neck?"
Narrator: "...lost in time..."
Audience: "WHERE'S YOUR smurfING NECK?!"
Narrator: "...lost in space..."

"ELBOW SEX! ELBOW SEX!"

Also, you've never seen a greater sight than 100 cross-dressing, scantily clad men and women performing the Time Warp. Holy mother of Awesome.

Unbreakable Will
07-16-2009, 04:28 PM
hahahaha
sounds like an experience to behold

Quindiana Jones
07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
The best experience.

LunarWeaver
07-16-2009, 07:06 PM
I had a similar deal. I saw it in a place full of people dressed up, singing, dancing, and saying most of the actors' lines with them. All in all, I really didn't watch it, what with all the crazy going on. I should probly give it another go.

rubah
07-16-2009, 07:09 PM
PRINCESS PRINCESS PRINCESS

Breine
07-16-2009, 10:58 PM
I have seen in once. I was in a theatre with over 100 hundred fans. They were all dressed in very RHPS outfits and pulled all the jokes and sung and danced to all the songs. It was amazing. And we threw rice and played with latex gloves.

Audience: "Dude! Where's your neck?"
Narrator: "...lost in time..."
Audience: "WHERE'S YOUR smurfING NECK?!"
Narrator: "...lost in space..."

"ELBOW SEX! ELBOW SEX!"

Also, you've never seen a greater sight than 100 cross-dressing, scantily clad men and women performing the Time Warp. Holy mother of Awesome.

I wanna do that too!

blackmage_nuke
07-17-2009, 12:12 AM
I watched it, Liked the timewarp, forgot the rest of the movie.

starseeker
07-28-2009, 05:39 PM
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is my favourite film of all time. I remember not being freaked out at all when I first saw it. And the soundtrack is awesome.

xXsarahXx
07-29-2009, 01:42 AM
I watched it a long time ago and to be honest, i dont really remember a great deal from it.
May watch it again, im sure i have it on dvd somewhere.

Jiro
07-29-2009, 11:28 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. It's pretty much a classic.

I Don't Need A Name
07-29-2009, 12:54 PM
It's an awesome film.
Any guy who say's that they don't like it or got squeemish/annoyed in the homo parts are complete liars trying to keep up their manlyness. This is because the 'homo' parts are completely comedic as it is, so it's not meant to be 100% serious

theundeadhero
07-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Anyone that likes the movie has to go see a live performance of it. It's even more awesome if the show is at midnight.