PDA

View Full Version : Clever Clever

rubah
07-16-2009, 02:28 AM
I feel pretty clever. I was agonizing over how I'd get my ipod/laptop I ordered; I'm at school all day and fedex comes during my morning class, UPS right when I need to leave for my afternoon class *if* I go back to the apartment at all.

Then this afternoon, it clicked.

I don't have anything valuable in my car. My car is parked right outside my front door.

Leave instructions for fedex to place the package in my car and lock it back!

:cool:

(I mean, I don't live in a terrible neighborhood or anything, I don't think. I mean, I haven't seen anything shady going down, but it's a lot different from living out in the middle of no where!)

You been clever lately?

Madame Adequate
07-16-2009, 02:30 AM
I wish I lived up there in purest Canada, where crime does not exist and locks do not either!

Yar
07-16-2009, 02:32 AM
I found out how to get allies iPod. :cool:

Madame Adequate
07-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Yeah "Free iPod" was clearly the best reply :( I concede your superiority Yars!

Yar
07-16-2009, 02:40 AM
are you being sarcastic? :p

Rye
07-16-2009, 02:41 AM
I figured out because the girl who I went to about my membership when I joined the gym for a month membership about 4 weeks ago was 1) a dumb girl from my old High School that I recognized and 2) didn't mark down how long my membership duration was, and because a woman a few days later gave me a card that I flash without scanning or swimming that just says "STUDENT SUMMER MEMBERSHIP" on it, I'm most likely going to be able to go to my gym until I leave for England for free, because they all think I've signed up for the summer. That's like, 100 dollars that I saved! :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: FRUGALITY ROX :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Also, I can't imagine not locking my car, it's doing my head in right now. I lock my car, and my parent's car, when they're in a locked indoor garage, and I live above the garage and could hear any sort of invaders coming in to steal said cars. I guess it's just the way I was raised though - where I live now has virtually no crime, but I grew up in a place where everyone does, and still has, the Club on their steering wheel. xD

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4795901/120394-main_Full.jpg

I grew up with this little buddy. I regard these as long lost siblings. I use to cradle it in my arms when I was a little kid in the car before we put it on the wheel. When I see people who still have them, I squeal with delight. xD

Madame Adequate
07-16-2009, 02:42 AM
are you being sarcastic? :p

No, I'm telling the truth, I wish I'd thought of it xD

rubah
07-16-2009, 02:55 AM
Yardie, I hope you have a key, 'cause I told them to lock it afterwards :p

Rye, there is nothing in my car someone would want to steal.
1) there is an old atlas in the backseat
2) a bar of soap
3) burned cds
4) sunglasses
5) pair of gloves
6) maybe 60¢ of change
7) my stereo is hidden behind a panel that takes up the entire dash. And you'd probably only be able to fit it in another cavalier
8) if you're going to hotwire my car, you could probably get into my car if it *was* locked.

Shoeberto
07-16-2009, 02:57 AM
I've been getting a lot of compliments at work for the stuff I've put together in the project we're working on. I guess I feel pretty clever when I make stuff like that work!

(I mean, I don't live in a terrible neighborhood or anything, I don't think. I mean, I haven't seen anything shady going down, but it's a lot different from living out in the middle of no where!)
(Except for that one murder down the street.)

(No biggie.)

rubah
07-16-2009, 03:06 AM
that was a domestic dispute xD Hardly counts as crime!

Madame Adequate
07-16-2009, 03:12 AM
that was a domestic dispute xD Hardly counts as crime!

I'll remember that when Rye annoys me :bigsmile: I'll FALCON PAUNSSSCCCCH her right through the wall.

Tama2
07-16-2009, 03:48 AM
2) a bar of soap

Shwaaaa?

NeoTifa
07-16-2009, 04:09 AM
She has to be clean on the go. Duh.

Tama2
07-16-2009, 04:43 AM
If you'd go out of your way to put a bar of soap in your car then I would think she would have some water also. Unless she just spits in her hand. Which is acceptable. And cool. :cool:

Araciel
07-16-2009, 04:49 AM
I'm not clever. Ever.

rubah
07-16-2009, 04:50 PM
dammit. Off to the fedex hub tonight for me, I guess :cry: