PDA

View Full Version : Oi vey!

Rebellious Eagle
07-16-2009, 02:52 PM
So, today is pretty much my last day at EoFF because...I'm going off to college on Sunday! Yep, for 3 weeks I'm taking part in a creative writing class that's located in a small college in the middle of nowhere. I was wondering if you guys had any advice for me before I leave? I'm rather nervous because it's not every day that a silly 14-year-old can go off to college with 20-year-olds. :<

Jiro
07-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I took my first university course at 15, so just remember that you're probably better than all of them. Don't worry about what they think, just have fun and talk with them.

I tend to head straight for a corner of the classroom and talk with whoever is next to me, and then figure out who is more my type of person and then spend time with them. You're doing Creative Writing so books are a good topic to start conversations.

My last piece of advice is come back soon because we will miss you.

qwertysaur
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I smell Yiddish. :D
I took my first SAT's when I was 9 :p

Just be yourself, and you'll make friends easily. And don't be upset if they are brutal with CC, because they will be.

Markus. D
07-16-2009, 03:07 PM
First off: internet caf' is a nice replacement for Facebook.

Second of all: middle of nowhere sounds boring, I feel for you :(!

Third regarding the masses, the people attempting to be nice are probably genuine (it's not a teen movie).

Fourth based within this unit: really give homework a go.

Fifth stationed among this post: really ask the teachers for advice if you need a hand, as intimidating as it sounds when they suggest it, they mean it.

Sixth among the six cautionary forewarnings: exploit your resources to finish on top.

trancekuja
07-16-2009, 03:07 PM
You will kick their ignorant arses, Eagelious Rebel!:pinkelephant:

Rantz
07-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Come back soon! :(

Iago
07-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Cool. Writing rocks, especially when it's creative...

qwertysaur
07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Another tip is to freewrite a lot while your there. SO MUCH FUN when you get a group of writers to freewrite. A game I played with my creative writing class was we had calenders of random things, and every day we had to freewrite starting with an image from the calander. It was magical.

Jiro
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Ask for tips too, some of these guys will be more experienced than you and so they'll be able to help you improve additionally.

Bunny
07-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Upon arriving, you need to immediately headbutt the biggest, strongest and meanest looking person in the room to assert your dominance and strength. Then you have to pee everywhere to make the boundaries clear.

Breine
07-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I hope you have a great time there. Hopefully you'll come back some day.

rubah
07-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Be adorable and don't let any guys hit on you