PDA

View Full Version : One choice of three

qwertysaur
07-18-2009, 02:07 AM
Which starter pokémon from Kanto is the best of the three?

Is it the Dinosaur with a plant on it's back Bulbasaur?
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/ExclntRamen/Bulbasaur.gif
Or the Lizard that is on fire Charmander?
http://www.dobhran.com/images/charmander.gif
Perhaps the wet Turtle Squirtle?
http://www.dobhran.com/images/squirtle.gif

Only 1 can be the very best, like no starter ever was!

NeoTifa
07-18-2009, 02:09 AM
You are so banned. Jigglypuff

Vermachtnis
07-18-2009, 02:15 AM
Squirtle! Wartortle is awesome!

Namelessfengir
07-18-2009, 02:21 AM
mewtwo

because those three are equally weak to the one to the left fire>grass>water>fire

Bunny
07-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Stragetically, bulbasaur by a mile. Charmander was the best though.

Meat Puppet
07-18-2009, 02:57 AM
I picked Charmander because I was a little kid.

blackmage_nuke
07-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Charmander because im not a wuss

Sir Lancealot
07-18-2009, 03:08 AM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii301/yukki_and_gaara/pikachu.gif

Pikachu:colbert:

Kirobaito
07-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Bulbasaur's the best to get you started, obviously, for its advantage against Brock and Misty. I preferred Squirtle, though, for no particular reason. I'd teach Blastoise Ice Beam to counter plant types, and it always worked well. I very rarely had a plant type in my ending party, and I liked having Arcanine, so Squirtle for me.

Momiji
07-18-2009, 04:33 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/ExclntRamen/Bulbasaur.gif

*dodges smack from Tavrobel*

*is playing Green version via emulator*

Honestly, I wouldn't say it's the 'best', but I like it the most of the three.

Rase
07-18-2009, 04:36 AM
I like being a jerk with status effects and the like, so Bulbasaur for me. Leech Seed + Poison Powder/Toxic worked wonders in battles throughout the game.

Tavrobel
07-18-2009, 04:38 AM
mewtwo

because those three are equally weak to the one to the left fire>grass>water>fire

Mewtwo has a type advantage over Bulbasaur's Poison secondary trait. And is broken.

Bulbasaur's the best to get you started, obviously, for its advantage against Brock and Misty.

Bulbasaur also has a type advantage against Lt. Surge.

Charmander doesn't get a type advantage until Erika, and that's 4 leaders in. Of course, by then, you already have a fairly strong team assembled; that's why it is hard mode. Of course, it is this very fact that a true Pokemon Master learns very early: though a Pokemon may seem initially weak or generic, it is always a sure bet for a balanced team when given enough care.

Charizard is statistically the strongest of the three starters, and has the best moveset, along with a niche on a team that is difficult to replace (that is, as a Fire Pokemon with the ability to learn Ground attacks). Growlithe isn't found until after you get Dig anyways. In Generation I, this lets people load up on other, broken Pokemon without having to waste a slot on Dugtrio or a Fighting Pokemon. Blastoise and Venusaur's roles can easily be replaced by a well trained Pikachu, Dewgong, or even Lapras.

*dodges smack from Tavrobel*

You're damn straight I'm going to hit you.

Although honestly, the best starter out of all of them is Pikachu. Because he's a badass who doesn't even like listening to you.

Araciel
07-18-2009, 05:07 AM
Squirtle. Because it makes the best dirty nickname for a chick.

Timekeeper
07-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Squirtle is a freaking ninja, have you seen him in brawl?

Rachran
07-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Charmander: is the coolest (cause his tail produces infinite fire)

bulbasaur : is the best if you wanna get all tactical n :bou::bou::bou::bou:

Squirtle : Is a freaking ninja and gets people wet

THE CHOICE IS YOURS

ljkkjlcm9
07-18-2009, 08:56 PM
as stated before, charmander becomes the most useful, especially in later versions where he would learn dragon, flying, metal, and fire moves on his own, and could be taught a number of different element moves, including ground, fighting, rock, dark... and even a bug move.

THE JACKAL

Blue Harvest
07-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Charmander ftw. Charizard remains to date my all time favourite Pokemon, and even my DPPt team is built around my Charizard.

Levian
07-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Bulbasaur!

but rly, Poliwhirl is best.

Quindiana Jones
07-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Charmander. Totodile. blank. Turtwig.

Jessweeee♪
07-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Go BULBASAUR! Use RAZOR LEAF!

The Last Oath
07-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Charmander is my personal favourite because you get Charizard later on, but in the long term, Squirtle is the best to choose because he's good against charmander (water) and can learn ice attacks like ice beam and blizzard which kill bulbarsur too. So once squirtle has an ice attack he beats both of them.

I never liked evolving bulbasur into ivysaur and venasaur anyway. I was always pressing B after level 16. :(

Shiny
07-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Squirtle crushed Brock and his minuscule rock Pokemon. Then my Squirtle proceeded to some how crush Misty and fellow water Pokemon too because it beasts like that.

The worse starter Pokemon is Pikachu in the yellow version. It took awhile for me to level him up and even then it was incompetent at taking down the first gym leader.

Jowy
07-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I've rolled with water since 1999.

Heath
07-19-2009, 09:53 PM
I always go for the fire starter. Always. I don't often use grass Pokemon and water Pokemon are relatively easy to find a good version of anyway. Fire is more awkward to get early in the game. Besides, Charmander and Charizard are both just so much cooler than the others and better in battle too. Blastoise earns an honourable mention for being in my Pokemon Diamond team.

whitechoco
07-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Fire Starters Is A Tradidition For Me, And also Charizard is my Favorite Pokemon (Even on Smash Bros Brawl) Always have liked Fire pokemons, However in my Party i try to have a Balanced Party, However all of my Pokemon Have to Be Big and Scary or Just Plain Cool. Rydhon, Agron, Charizard, Tyranithar. all those kind of big scary pokemons xD.

Ouch!
07-20-2009, 01:16 AM
I always just trade around to get all three!

Charmander because I'm not a pansy.

Jiro
07-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Charmander. I was, and still am, a fan of the Fire element.

NeoCracker
07-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Dragons were overrated before Pokemon. :p

I liked Bulbasaur, cause Leach seed is evil.

And just so all you little newbs no, Scyther is the greatest thing to ever grace the Pokemon Scene.

Agent Proto
07-20-2009, 03:10 PM
I think I've played the first generation of Pokemon twice. There's the original Blue and Red, and then there's the FireRed and LeafGreen. In the original, I remember choosing Charmander, and in LeafGreen, I chose Bulbasaur. So that left out Squirtle... I'll have to pick Charmander for being my first pick the first time around.

Psychotic
07-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Bulbasaur!

but rly, Poliwhirl is best.I never thought I could love a man this much.

Kirobaito
07-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I always go for the fire starter. Always. I don't often use grass Pokemon and water Pokemon are relatively easy to find a good version of anyway. Fire is more awkward to get early in the game. Besides, Charmander and Charizard are both just so much cooler than the others and better in battle too. Blastoise earns an honourable mention for being in my Pokemon Diamond team.
Fire's just awkward to get all around. Little did I realize when I chose Piplup to start Pearl with that, if I wanted a fire Pokemon, Ponyta/Rapidash would be my only choice until the National Dex was opened.