PDA

View Full Version : Character Spotlight: Zidane (Zinedine) Tribal

Unstoppable Pig
07-18-2009, 09:53 AM
He plays football and if you say bad things his mother and sister he comes and headbutts you.

Or maybe Iīm speaking about Final Fantasy- character who is womanizing thief and he has monkey tail.

Many people hate him because tail but frankly I rarely even noticed Zidane has tail while playing IX. Zidane is great character, both in battle and storywise/ personalitywise. I like his " you donīt need reason to help" motto. Definately one of my favorites in IX.

So what do you think about him?

roen
07-18-2009, 11:39 AM
zidane is cool and whoever doesn't like him because of his tail is evil.

Rantz
07-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I think he's great for a main character. I have a soft spot for the thief class, too, so that's a great plus. :zidane:

Jiro
07-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Zidane is undoubtedly my favourite main character in the Final Fantasy series. His attitude throughout the game is positive and enjoyable, and while he is characterised as a womaniser, he has a certain charm to him.

His tail is not a negative aspect for me, though the necessity for a tail is never really explained. Regardless, it doesn't detract from the game and still provides some minor entertainment (when he hangs from a pipe on the cargo ship).

I found him to be useful in battles too, which is good. Sometimes I feel like benching main characters in favour of someone else, but I never wanted Zidane out of my party. And, like Rantz, I have a soft spot for the Thief class.

trancekuja
07-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Zizou is obviously the best French player of all time.
Zidane is a monkeybutt.

Tuhkasieni
07-18-2009, 09:37 PM
i actually love his tail and how he hangs from the ceiling while messing with steiner. i think hes funny and adorable, garnet and zidane really make a great couple. + i love him in dissidia!

Depression Moon
07-19-2009, 12:05 AM
He is also my favorite main character as well. I enjoy his backstory and his personality. He was a womanizer of course but not to an extent that would be a bit tired or offensive though I had hoped Zidane did cheat on Garnet with that bar-maid.
I'm sort of half with the thief class though. I get frustrated when I try to steal an item from an enemy and I get couldn't steal item about four times in a row. IX they had something to make it a bit more bearable.
His tail was in relations with his origins and I suppose it had to be a tail because the original race had tails.

scrumpleberry
07-19-2009, 02:34 AM
I like him, he's a cool dude. Better than all the other 3D mains imo.