PDA

View Full Version : Tacos are delicious

Vermachtnis
07-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Let us talk about one of the most awesome foods ever. Tacos are the most awesome thing ever. And homemade tacos are the best. I could eat them all day. Hard shell, soft shell, I love them all! What do you all think about the awesomeness that is tacos.

Meat Puppet
07-18-2009, 04:30 PM
I can never turn down a fish taco

qwertysaur
07-18-2009, 04:34 PM
http://www.image-filer.com/out.php/i2420_GirTacosColors.jpg

rubah
07-18-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't think I've ever had a hardshell taco. Some ancient childhood distaste, I guess.

SomethingBig
07-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Tacos taste like burning.

Chemical
07-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I can never turn down a fish taco
That made me spread ROFLMAO all over my taco.

Ode to tacos
they taste good smothered in sour cream
I like avocados in my taco
and lots of meat
hard tacos need not apply
soft tacos only
hurray for tacos

Sephex
07-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Let us talk about one of the most awesome foods ever. Tacos are the most awesome thing ever. And homemade tacos are the best. I could eat them all day. Hard shell, soft shell, I love them all! What do you all think about the awesomeness that is tacos.

My mother makes the best tacos ever. I could dive right in there and eat her tacos any day.

NeoTifa
07-18-2009, 06:27 PM
I had some for dinner last night :jess: My hands smelled like tacos for hours.

Rodarian
07-18-2009, 06:35 PM
MMMM soft taco are tasty alright....Esp meat lettuce and sour cream... Oh the goodness, I can almost climax from eating tacos...*drools*

Miriel
07-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Carne asada, corn tortilla, diced onions and a smokin' hot salsa roja, oh my god. SO GOOD. I could (and have) eaten tacos for days. Even had a taco party.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Livejournal/tacos.jpg

If the tacos come from a small shack or a truck parked outside on the side of a busy street and served by someone who only speaks Spanish, all the better. :up:

A few months back, I had a taco that was the baby of a Korean/Mexican lovemaking. Korean marinated grilled beef, Mexican corn tortilla, sesame-chili salsa roja, and cabbage tossed in Korean chili-soy vinaigrette.

Had to wait an hour in line for these tacos. They're all the rage in LA. Good, but not as good as carne asada tacos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Livejournal/kogitacos.jpg

I can't really eat Americanized tacos anymore. Soft shell, hard shell, that business. Once you eat real tacos, you can never really go back.

NeoTifa
07-18-2009, 07:13 PM
taco party

Omg I love you. :love:

qwertysaur
07-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Those are really pretty Miriel, did you make the ones in the first picture?

Vermachtnis
07-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Those look soooooooooo good.

Bunny
07-18-2009, 07:28 PM
I know I have proposed this before, Miriel, but I see no harm in doing so again. Can I come live with you and eat delicious food?

oddler
07-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Cue dodhungry.

Miriel
07-18-2009, 07:31 PM

Yup! It took me weeks to get the recipe right. Tried like 10 different types of beef, but turns out that skirt steak works the best for marinating/grilling

My marinade:

Olive oil, 1 cup of lime juice, 2 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 chopped serrano chili pepper, salt & pepper.

Really simple. Just dump all that into a big ziplock bag along with your beef. Marinade for an hour. You don't really need to do longer than that, and marinades with acid (lime juice) will ruin the meat if you leave it in there too long. Then grill up your meat, preferably on a cast iron grill.

Corn tortillas are a MUST. Add whatever toppings you like. I prefer adding a spoonful of spanish rice, diced onions, and the hottest salsa roja in the world that I get from a place called King Taco. The boyfriend likes to add cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice to the mix.

I know I have proposed this before, Miriel, but I see no harm in doing so again. Can I come live with you and eat delicious food?

Come over! I'll make up some cupcake pops (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Livejournal/cupcakepops.jpg?t=1247942060).

Yar
07-18-2009, 07:42 PM
I like tacos. :D There is a local taco place that delivers tacos to you and they're like 80 cents a taco!

qwertysaur
07-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Cupcake pops! :love:

NeoTifa
07-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Yaridovich, please change your font color. Ariel doesn't approve. :colbert:

~*~Celes~*~
07-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Soft shell plz

I like fajitas too :D

Rodarian
07-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Soft shell plz

I like fajitas too :D

Quesdisdas (sp) are yummy as well!

Chemical
07-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Yup! It took me weeks to get the recipe right. Tried like 10 different types of beef, but turns out that skirt steak works the best for marinating/grilling

My marinade:

Olive oil, 1 cup of lime juice, 2 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 chopped serrano chili pepper, salt & pepper.

Really simple. Just dump all that into a big ziplock bag along with your beef. Marinade for an hour. You don't really need to do longer than that, and marinades with acid (lime juice) will ruin the meat if you leave it in there too long. Then grill up your meat, preferably on a cast iron grill.

Corn tortillas are a MUST. Add whatever toppings you like. I prefer adding a spoonful of spanish rice, diced onions, and the hottest salsa roja in the world that I get from a place called King Taco. The boyfriend likes to add cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice to the mix.

Come over! I'll make up some cupcake pops (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Livejournal/cupcakepops.jpg?t=1247942060).

I know what I'm making tonight.

Shoeberto
07-19-2009, 07:12 PM
After reading this thread yesterday, I had to make myself a burrito. The only place we have nearby for this kind of stuff is Taco Bell, where all of the contents are basically flavored mush. I'd kill for a Qdoba here!

NeoTifa
07-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Chipotle is better

Dolentrean
07-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Once me and my friends went to Del Taco (I know, they aren't really taco's) on tuesday, so we could get three tacos for a buck. We gave them a 20$ a became the Taco Santa's of town.

Giggles
07-19-2009, 08:31 PM
This thread is really making me crave tacos!