PDA

View Full Version : soundtrack

Darkswordofchaos
07-19-2009, 10:18 AM
witch FF titles do you consider to have the best soundtrack.

My favorite ST is on FFVII followed by X

The Space Pope
07-19-2009, 12:47 PM
The soundtrack of FF7 would've sounded a hell of alot better if they weren't in MIDI format. Good songwriting but the sound quality was horrendous.

I'd say FF4 cause there's quite a few catchy songs, FF10 was pretty good all around save for a few annoying songs, and even though alot of you primates weren't a big fan, I enjoyed the soundtrack of FF12.

I wouldn't be blasting these songs from my Popemobile or anything, but they're nice while I'm playing the game.

PS: I hate the chocobo songs, all of them.

blackmage_nuke
07-19-2009, 02:03 PM
VI, VIII, VII in that order.

Momiji
07-19-2009, 02:36 PM
As much as I despise FFVII, its soundtrack was fantastic.

I'd have to put FFIV second.

I Don't Need A Name
07-19-2009, 02:48 PM
As much as I despise FFVII, its soundtrack was fantastic.

I would agree, dispite them being MIDI all the songs (other than chocobo) stay with you
VIII, IX and X all have memorable pieces

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2009, 05:25 PM
VI has my favorite soundtrack followed by V and VII. I feel these three are the strongest compositions that Nobuo Uematsu has done in the series. Though IX is quickly moving up. I pretty much like most of the OST's except for III, X, and some of the spin-off games.

Jessweeee♪
07-19-2009, 07:00 PM
FFX, VIII, X-2, XII, and IX, in that order.

Well no. Scratch FFX-2. There were a few tracks that I loved to pieces, but the rest was just sorta okay.

Vermachtnis
07-19-2009, 07:42 PM
V

Clash on the Big Bridge is my favorite boss track from Final Fantasy. I love the town theme too. And ExDeath's theme is so awesome. I don't mean the final boss themes (Don't get me wrong I like those too), but I mean that awesome metal theme that comes on almost everytime he talks.