PDA

View Full Version : Project Kid?

McLovin'
07-19-2009, 09:06 PM
I was wondering how exactly did Kid travel back in time from 1020 AD to 1010 AD and save Serge thus causing the dimensional split?

And according to Belthasar he told Kid to do this and somehow knew about Kid in 2400 AD. How the hell?

So this leaves is it the same Kid we play as who saved Serge or is it a "future" Kid and if so what happened to that Kid?

Is this whole thing Project Kid cause I'm confused about that.

Small question unrelated to Kid: If Belthasar installed the Prometheus Circuit in 2400 AD then why would Lynx attempt to abduct Lucca in 1020 AD? Did she build the original model to be used 1400 years later?

theundeadhero
07-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Square has never been very successful explaining time travel consequences :p

Dignified Pauper
07-20-2009, 02:05 AM
It's because it opened up a paradox for home world and alternate world.

McLovin'
07-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Yes her saving him would but how did she go about doing this? Time travel isn't done with a wave of a hand.

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2009, 06:21 AM
God... its been so long since I played Cross but here goes and feel free to correct me cause I'm sure I'm going to miss something...

1. There are a few possibilities. Kid may have used the Epoch as the game does suggest that the children of Lucca's orphanage may have met Frog, Ayla, and Robo as seen from the drawings by the children. She may have utilized technology from Chronopolis as it does have technology that could utilize time travel. There are actually a few possibilities so really its kind of a moot point I'm afraid.

2. Belthasar discovered the Time Devourer after he built Chronopolis in 2300A.D. He learned also of Kid from his experiments as he tried to learn more about Schala's fate. His experiments with the Frozen Flame drew Chronopolis into 65 million B.C. but drew in its parallel from an alternate dimension where the Reptites were not destroyed. Hoping to prevent the Time Devourer from wiping out existence and to help free Schala, Belthasar created Project Kid. Belthasar who set up the experiment, made sure he would travel back to 1020 A.D. in order to watch his plan unfold (hence his appearance in Cross). I believe he tells Kid in front of you about going back in time to save Serge and create the alternate timeline.

3. The Kid you have in your party is the Kid that saves you but she travles back in time and saves Serge after the events of Cross, think of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure where they got out of situations by simply telling themselves to remember to set up the scapegoat after their adventure...

Bonus Question: The Prometheus Circuit has been strongly suggested by Masato Kato (scenario writer for the Chrono series) to be made from Prometheus i.e. Robo from Chrono Trigger. Due to Lucca's connection with Robo she may have been able to convince the Prometheus Circuit to allow FATE to regain control of the Frozen Flame. Though I do remember the game suggesting Lucca may have had a hand in building it which suggests that Belthasar may have had contact with Lucca prior to the events that sent Chronopolis into the past. Once again, the possibility of the Epoch remaining or just the fact that its creator is alive and well does not make it unlikely that he could reach her and learn about Kid.

That is all I remember, I'm actually hoping to start a new game of Cross soon so I may come back and revise all my mistakes if someone doesn't come and point them out beforehand.

Fynn
07-20-2009, 08:30 AM
God... its been so long since I played Cross but here goes and feel free to correct me cause I'm sure I'm going to miss something...

1. There are a few possibilities. Kid may have used the Epoch as the game does suggest that the children of Lucca's orphanage may have met Frog, Ayla, and Robo as seen from the drawings by the children. She may have utilized technology from Chronopolis as it does have technology that could utilize time travel. There are actually a few possibilities so really its kind of a moot point I'm afraid.

2. Belthasar discovered the Time Devourer after he built Chronopolis in 2300A.D. He learned also of Kid from his experiments as he tried to learn more about Schala's fate. His experiments with the Frozen Flame drew Chronopolis into 65 million B.C. but drew in its parallel from an alternate dimension where the Reptites were not destroyed. Hoping to prevent the Time Devourer from wiping out existence and to help free Schala, Belthasar created Project Kid. Belthasar who set up the experiment, made sure he would travel back to 1020 A.D. in order to watch his plan unfold (hence his appearance in Cross). I believe he tells Kid in front of you about going back in time to save Serge and create the alternate timeline.

3. The Kid you have in your party is the Kid that saves you but she travles back in time and saves Serge after the events of Cross, think of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure where they got out of situations by simply telling themselves to remember to set up the scapegoat after their adventure...

Bonus Question: The Prometheus Circuit has been strongly suggested by Masato Kato (scenario writer for the Chrono series) to be made from Prometheus i.e. Robo from Chrono Trigger. Due to Lucca's connection with Robo she may have been able to convince the Prometheus Circuit to allow FATE to regain control of the Frozen Flame. Though I do remember the game suggesting Lucca may have had a hand in building it which suggests that Belthasar may have had contact with Lucca prior to the events that sent Chronopolis into the past. Once again, the possibility of the Epoch remaining or just the fact that its creator is alive and well does not make it unlikely that he could reach her and learn about Kid.

That is all I remember, I'm actually hoping to start a new game of Cross soon so I may come back and revise all my mistakes if someone doesn't come and point them out beforehand.

I know about one thing that needs to be corrected. The Time Crash sent Chronopolis back to 12,000 BC, not 65,000,000 BC. Also, the Time Crash was unintended. Belthasar DID want to send back some of the scientists from Chronopolis back in time, but it was ultimatelly Lavos that sent the whole of Chronopolis back in time. The rest is OK - planet summons Dinopolis from alternate demension, yada yada...

As you can see when you enter Chronopolis, the people there had knowledge of other time periods and timelines. It's not surprising, then that Belthasar knew Kid for who she really was. As stated before, he found out about the Time Devourer in the Darkness Beyond Time (along with Schala being part of it) and orchestrated basically all the events in the game in order to prevent it from destroying all space and time.

I always believed Project Kid had something to do with the Arbiter of the Frozen Flame, which was supposed to be Serge.

I would like one thing clarified as well - why did FATE pursue Serge. I know it wanted the Flame, but what for? Was it about its energy source, or something else?

McLovin'
07-20-2009, 08:50 AM
The Frozen Flame was its power source and I guess it couldn't function at full capacity (to ensure El Nido never interact with the main continent) so I would guess that's why it needed Serge to unlock it.

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Sounds about right, also McLovin' is correct about why FATE was after Serge but I would like to add that FATE needed to possess absolute control over El Nido out of fear that any interaction it had with the normal flow of time may accidentally wipe it from existence. That's why coming back to full capacity was a high priority for the system. It should also be noted that FATE is basically the new future timeline version of the "Mother" Mainframe from CT. So if we were to judge FATE from what they were like originally, then we know it was already a screwed up CPU. ;)