PDA

View Full Version : What did Zack contribute to the original FF7?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-20-2009, 03:14 AM
I was having a hard time figuring out how to word the title.

Other than the information you find out during the events of Final Fantasy 7, how did Zack effect the original game?

Here is two off the top of my head:

-He bought Aerith's trademark pink bow in her hair

-He named the bar "Seventh Heaven"

-Gave Aerith the idea to sell flowers

Add to the list.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-20-2009, 03:26 AM
He was presumably the first person to make a big obnoxious hole in the church's roof. But considering Cloud didn't even do that on purpose (in other words, it wasn't actually one of the many things he did because he thought he was Zack), it's either a huge coincidence, or people are falling through there all the time.

Skyblade
07-20-2009, 04:24 AM
He was presumably the first person to make a big obnoxious hole in the church's roof. But considering Cloud didn't even do that on purpose (in other words, it wasn't actually one of the many things he did because he thought he was Zack), it's either a huge coincidence, or people are falling through there all the time.

I can just see the "Caution, Falling People" sign there in the Church.

G13
07-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Umm, without Zack there would be no VII. If Zack hadn't existed Cloud wouldn't have lived, much less thought he had done everything Zack had done and set the entire game in motion. I think Zack had a huge influence on the game.

Ouch!
07-20-2009, 07:02 AM
My name is Zach. Do you know how utterly awkward that made FFVII: CC?

Hot Shot
07-23-2009, 01:14 PM
he did give cloud his old solider unifrom (the purple 2nd uniform, which is wierd because cloud claimed to be a 1st but was wearing a 2nd unifrom).

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-24-2009, 07:05 AM
he did give cloud his old solider unifrom (the purple 2nd uniform, which is weird because cloud claimed to be a 1st but was wearing a 2nd unifrom).

Actually that was a uniform he found in a closet upstairs in the mansion at Nibelheim. And I'm pretty sure they said it was a 1st class'....

Elly
07-24-2009, 02:12 PM
yup Cloud is clearly wearing blue all through the original FFVII, unless your TV or monitor colors are thrown way off, i suggest grabbing a DVD with THX and setting it up right, but of course without the TV you can still look at his uniform in the manual & Strat Guide artwork and see it is in fact blue...

Raistlin
07-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Zack helped Cloud escape from Hojo and got him to Midgar. I'd say that's pretty important. Also, perhaps he influenced Aeris enough to result in her running away after Cloud.

Sword
07-24-2009, 03:24 PM
yup Cloud is clearly wearing blue all through the original FFVII, unless your TV or monitor colors are thrown way off, i suggest grabbing a DVD with THX and setting it up right, but of course without the TV you can still look at his uniform in the manual & Strat Guide artwork and see it is in fact blue...

Purple*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-24-2009, 07:29 PM
They just changed the first-class uniforms to black in Crisis Core; similarly, the Turks actually wear blue suits in FFVII--also changed for the Compilation.

Because black is cooler!!! :ffvishock:

Skyblade
07-24-2009, 08:01 PM
They just changed the first-class uniforms to black in Crisis Core; similarly, the Turks actually wear blue suits in FFVII--also changed for the Compilation.

Because black is cooler!!! :ffvishock:

And Reno's hair went from a reddish brown to that eye-hurting neon...

Elly
07-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Reno's hair was always crayola red, that's one of the things i always liked about the character, i was actualy happy that they didn't make it darker for Advent Children...

MrsFairStrife
06-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry to randomly jump in, but he made cloud who he is now pretty much, thus there would be no final fantasy 7.

BarelySeeAtAll
06-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Like MrsFairStrife said, he did make Cloud who he is now. Hell he got all confused and mixed up his own life with Zacks, which is something of a big part in FFVII - e.g. in Nibelheim when he thought he went in and helped people and saved people, thought he was 1st class, well..in SOLDIER at all really.

Cloud's guilt etc also stems from Zack's death, but that's more going in to AC. Besides, Zack gave Cloud his starter weapon :P

Nod
06-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Zack was a convenient story-telling tool to add depth to the game; a character that had an apparent profound influence yet we never actually get to find out much about him :D

Christmas
06-27-2010, 02:48 PM
I think the fact that he saved Cloud and enable FF VII to happens kinda contribute a lot! :bigsmile:

Kenshin IV
10-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Do you mean what did he contribute IN the original game, or do you mean how did his Crisis Core character contribute to the events in the original?

Because in the original he was a very minor character, and mostly served as being the main "twist" -- Cloud believing he was actually Zack.

As for Crisis Core, that game was really its own story. The only connections the developers made with Final Fantasy VII were forced. Otherwise, it really was mainly about Zack and his relationships with Angeal and Gac-er, Genesis.

Shaibana
02-07-2011, 09:47 AM
like many other ppl say: Cc does explain some thing in FF7, but its also a story on his own.

Without Zack there wouldnt be a FF7.. becaus Zack sort of shaped Cloud to what he is now... not just becaus theyre minds are mixed up, but also becaus Zack was a sort of mentor to Cloud.

So yes, i do think the events of Crisis Core are (somewhat) important for FF7