PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstruck

Darkswordofchaos
07-21-2009, 07:00 AM
So do you like thunder storms or are you scared of them or what

Personaly i love to listin to the thunder especially the really loud ones that rattle the house around its funn

bipper
07-21-2009, 07:19 AM
I enjoy them when I do not need my computer to get things done, or when my tongue is not frozen to a large metal pole outside.

Bunny
07-21-2009, 07:25 AM
I don't mind them one way or another. My girlfriend doesn't like the big booms that happen during the especially bad ones that we get a lot around here. We're currently experiencing one but it should be over in a couple minutes. Flood warnings for my city, too! It's been a bizarrely stormy and wet summer this year.

eestlinc
07-21-2009, 07:36 AM
I miss thunderstorms, which almost ever happen in Seattle.

rubah
07-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Far off distant rumblings send some lovin' good vibrations a tremblin' through me.

I also like the drama and tension of REALLY HARDCORE DISPLAYS. Living up at the top of a hill on the 6th floor of a dorm really put me at some good vantages last year. Wish I could've gotten some pictures.

Raistlin
07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
I don't mind them. I used to live in Colorado where we'd get them a lot during the summer, and I wasn't bothered my them. My old dog, on the hand, would freak out.

Big D
07-21-2009, 07:58 AM
We get a few nifty storms here each year. Occasionally, there'll be a big storm out over the plains - lightning that's bright enough to see, but so distant that the thunder's inaudible. Quite a creepy effect.

Rase
07-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Love a good thunderstorm. That's one of the things I enjoy about Missouri as opposed to California. On the Fourth of July we had a wicked storm go through, and that plus fireworks plus Within Temptation while going down the freeway made for an awesome time.

Darkswordofchaos
07-21-2009, 10:54 AM
I miss thunderstorms, which almost ever happen in Seattle.
i feel you on that in AZ all you ever see is distant heat lightning never really a thunded storm exept the one time a year that it rains.

I would get one or two a month back in SC and i miss them

Zeldy
07-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I AM SO SO SCARED OF THUNDERSTORMS. :cry:

smittenkitten
07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I get a bit scared of the thunder but I think the lightening is pretty. :)

Psychotic
07-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I always throw the window open so I can hear 'em better.

Levian
07-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Lightning is evil. I refuse to look through windows when I know the weather is very bad. The lightning knows you're looking through the window, it's just waiting for the perfect moment to strike you in the face.

When I was a kid, my mom told me a story about a boy that got struck in the face through the window. I can't say it scarred me much.

Shoeberto
07-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Far off distant rumblings send some lovin' good vibrations a tremblin' through me.

I also like the drama and tension of REALLY HARDCORE DISPLAYS. Living up at the top of a hill on the 6th floor of a dorm really put me at some good vantages last year. Wish I could've gotten some pictures.
Same on both fronts.

I remember a few times sitting in Allie's window and just staring out, awestruck, at the sheer power of some of the storms coming through. It was intense.

Vermachtnis
07-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Flood warnings for my city, too! It's been a bizarrely stormy and wet summer this year.

Me and my friends were just talking about that the other day. It storms at least once a week. And we get a flood warning popping up in the corner of Friends at least three times a week.

But I used to be afraid of thunderstorms. But a couple of summers ago my dad cut down the big cherry tree and walnut trees in our yard and now I'm not afraid of the storms at all. I do jump when they come out of nowhere. I swear two storms started over my house in the past month. It was kinda cloudy outside and then suddenly FLASH KRAKK BOOOOOOOOM!

qwertysaur
07-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Zap! I like them when I'm not trying to fall asleep :p

rubah
07-21-2009, 04:58 PM
incidentally, it is raining heavily today, with 0 thunder :'(

I Took the Red Pill
07-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Thunder and lightning are great. :-)

scrumpleberry
07-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Love them.

Breine
07-21-2009, 08:16 PM
They can be quite atmospheric, which is cool.

Actually, a Danish soccer player was struck by lightning in the middle of a match, and is now in danger of dying. Imagine, running around playing soccer in front of hundreds of fans, and then suddenly getting struck by such force of nature!

Burtsplurt
07-21-2009, 08:25 PM
I heard about that, Breine. They've had to put him into an induced coma. Apparently half a dozen other players were knocked to the ground as well, but that player has hit in the head?!! Ow.

I like them. I saw a really good one in Poland a couple of years ago. Really good forked lightning all across the sky.

The Jamie Star Scenario
07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Actually, a Danish soccer player was struck by lightning in the middle of a match, and is now in danger of dying. Imagine, running around playing soccer in front of hundreds of fans, and then suddenly getting struck by such force of nature!BBC News | Africa | Lightning kills football team (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/203137.stm)

I wonder who God was supporting.

Anyway I love lightning, I think it is a fantastic display of nature and whenever this is any I'll sit and watch it while listening to music.

Rantz
07-21-2009, 08:33 PM
They're not very common here which is a bit sad since I love the crap out of them, but I suppose that also adds to the fun when we do get one. We had one just the other day, unfortunately it was still daylight out so it wasn't as effectful as otherwise, but the rain was pretty heavy so sitting inside listening to it was still very cosy.

Sword
07-21-2009, 08:45 PM
A massive one just passed over my house today. It shook the house many times. Was proper cool ^_^