PDA

View Full Version : Connection to our world

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-21-2009, 10:26 AM
There's a sign in Tifa's bar that says "Texas", I cried aloud with mirth and merriment.

And somewhere you can try a food called "Korean BBQ".

Do you notice any other things like this?

Darkswordofchaos
07-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Im not sure but isnt lovless a real band because there are posters up for thim in several of the opening scenes

Marshall Banana
07-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Sephiroth destroys our solar system with his Super Nova attack during the final battle.

Elly
07-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Loveless was the name of an album by My Bloody Valentine which can also be seen on the Loveless posters in FFVII... yeah i live in Tx so i found the Texas sign in the 7th Heaven to be really cool also a lot of Tx dive bars look like that in daylight...

Melissaur
07-23-2009, 12:55 AM
loveless is also a yaoi manga

Sword
07-23-2009, 01:32 AM
loveless is also a yaoi manga

rofl

The giant heads from Easter Island are in the chocobo race. Although their presence is more plausible than words like Texas and Korea :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-23-2009, 02:08 AM
There's a Moai hiding in plain sight in one of the Great Glacier backgrounds, too.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/efuefu/ffviissx19050.png

Darkswordofchaos
07-23-2009, 04:36 AM
ha i never noticed that

Big D
07-23-2009, 08:14 AM
'Loveless' is a play in FFVII's world, but it was inspired by the album by My Bloody Valentine.

I explain the 'Korean BBQ' deal by telling myself it's a typo of 'Corean', i.e. 'from Corel'. The Texas sign and the Supernova sequence are a different matter, though...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-23-2009, 08:33 AM
'Loveless' is a play in FFVII's world, but it was inspired by the album by My Bloody Valentine.

It's a play as of Crisis Core, but I liked it better when it was just a cute throwaway reference. Making it a central element to a major character reminds me of the Star Wars Extended Universe going back and giving a complete backstory full of trials and tribulations to every alien that was onscreen for three seconds in the Mos Eisley cantina scene.

seiferalmasy2
07-23-2009, 12:16 PM
It was a play in FFVII too. Cid Highwind explains that he fell asleep during it :P I do agree that crisis core etc end up ruining the series in same way that star wars 1,2,3 did....
I haven't played the spin offs in any way because I know they will just damage the series, I heard hojo has his brain in a computer in one. Talk about retcon city. I considerr FF7 the whole story, anything else is just a blatant cash in imho

>

{CID}
“You ever see
the play 'LOVELESS'?”
{NEW PAGE}
{CHOICE}No
{CHOICE}Yes

“Yeah‚I figured someone like you wouldn't be
much on plays.”

“Yeah? Really?
Well‚that's fine.”
{NEW PAGE}
“They've been doin' that play
every summer since I was a kid.”
{NEW PAGE}
“An' I remember seein' it just once…”
{NEW PAGE}
“That was when I was in Midgar
training to be a pilot.”
{NEW PAGE}
“I had some free time and
thought I'd catch the play.”
{NEW PAGE}
“Now‚I'm no big fan of
the theater or anything.”
{NEW PAGE}
“But this thing put me to sleep,
just like I thought it would.”
{NEW PAGE}
“Finally during the last scene,
the guy next to me
woke me up tellin'
me my snorin' was too loud.”
{NEW PAGE}
“So about all I really remember
of that play is the end…”
{NEW PAGE}
“When the sister of the lead
asks her lover,”

“Do you really have to leave?”

{CID}
“And the guy says,”

“I made a promise.
The people I love are waiting.”

“…I don't understand.
Not at all. But‚take care of yourself.”

“Of course…I'll come back to you.
Even if you don't promise to wait. I'll return
knowing you'll be here.”

{CID}
“I remember thinking when I heard those lines,”
{NEW PAGE}
What the hell's he talkin' about?
But‚you know…now I'm not so sure…”
{NEW PAGE}
“I think I understand…”

< This is not a really 100% decent translation once again from the FF7 english team, but he is apparently referring to Sierra (Shera) and he says "Now, I think I understand how he felt...."

Hot Shot
07-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Loveless was a play in FF VII, but in CC i think it was an epic poem. But there was a reference to a friend helping his two friends in danger in CC so I'm guessing they're the same thing. possibly the play is just an adaptation of the epic poem.

seiferalmasy2
07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
「おめえよ『LOVELESS』ってシバイ
 見たことあるか?」
    ない
    ある

シバイ Shibai is "Play" (シ Shi バ ba イ I )

EUdict | shibai | Japanese-English dictionary (http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=shibai&go=Search)

Naka no Shibai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naka_no_Shibai)

languagehat.com: POLITICAL SHIBAI. (http://www.languagehat.com/archives/001412.php)

shibai is play/ theatre in this context. If they have changed its meaning from play in any of the others it is a retcon or mistranslation.

Although yes, it may be that they have made it into an adaption of a poem in the game :P

Sword
07-23-2009, 09:51 PM
ha i never noticed that
You never noticed the face? It was on the bloody map I cried aloud with mirth and merriment.

It was a play in FFVII too. Cid Highwind explains that he fell asleep during it :P I do agree that crisis core etc end up ruining the series in same way that star wars 1,2,3 did....
I haven't played the spin offs in any way because I know they will just damage the series, I heard hojo has his brain in a computer in one. Talk about retcon city. I considerr FF7 the whole story, anything else is just a blatant cash in imho
Do not knock Crisis Core until you've played it. Screw the rest of the spin offs but you can't miss out on CC.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-23-2009, 10:05 PM
It was a play in FFVII too. Cid Highwind explains that he fell asleep during it :P

Man, I forgot about that. The last time I played through the game, I only went to about halfway through Disc 2, so I missed seeing that dialogue again.

And yeah, Crisis Core is actually quite a good game. The whole sub-plot with Genesis is dumb--and I would ignore it--but that's just one part of it.

Melissaur
07-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah Genesis was annoying, but I loved CC, you get more of a background of cloud and why he is what he is.