PDA

View Full Version : need help finding ultimate weapons

mattkd
07-21-2009, 10:55 AM
hi, I'm currently playing FF2 on the psp. I need help understanding what I need to do to get the ultimate weapons for each character. I need an explanation

(btw, this game rocks!)

Momiji
07-21-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't know explicitly where they are, but you could try the FFII walkthrough (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff2/walkthrough.php).

mattkd
07-21-2009, 10:07 PM
awsome, this sites alive. just joined :)
anyways, this is the way I heard about getting the ultimate weapons, you gotta beat all three arcane labrynths whicha re located NW, NE, and SW, then after you beat em, you go north from the town cids in into the mountains. theres a lil passage. there will be a guy inside and you gotta tell him a certain word to obtain someones weapon. you gotta repeat the process for everyones weapon. I'm just a lil confused about it though

eestlinc
07-22-2009, 09:15 AM
it gets a little slow in here but hopefully someone will come along soon who can help. Sadly I cannot, because I never made it past the ice sled part of the game (because I got distracted by other things).

Jiro
07-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I never even knew there were ultimate weapons in the game, which is probably why I failed so badly. I'm going to have to pick this game back up and finish it now, although my last save file was deleted by a friend of mine "accidentally".

Yar
07-22-2009, 09:03 PM
I had no idea that there were "ultimate weapons" in this game. :confused: I can't explicitly recall any, particularly since any character can equip anything.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-24-2009, 02:41 AM
anyways, this is the way I heard about getting the ultimate weapons, you gotta beat all three arcane labrynths whicha re located NW, NE, and SW, then after you beat em, you go north from the town cids in into the mountains. theres a lil passage. there will be a guy inside and you gotta tell him a certain word to obtain someones weapon. you gotta repeat the process for everyones weapon. I'm just a lil confused about it though

Likewise, I have no idea what you're on about.

eestlinc
07-24-2009, 04:37 AM
maybe someone sent you on a wild good chase.

mattkd
07-24-2009, 08:48 AM
haha I see not many ppl beat this game. ya should, its pretty fun.
I've finally found a walkthrough and I finally got one person's ultimate weapon :). now I gotta do the process three more times. I already beat the game and have 9999 hp, I just wanna have everyones ultimate weapon :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Oh, it's something from the extra content they churned out for the PSP version of the game. Yeah, couldn't help you, there. :ffvisleepy:

eestlinc
07-24-2009, 09:18 AM
I have the origins version of this game but I don't have a TV right now so I can't hook up my psone :D

mattkd
07-24-2009, 10:21 AM
The PSP version is the best with extra dungeons and such. Playing this game on an emulator would be good because you can fast foward which can help you grind your magic fast :p

Momiji
07-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Ah, PSP. No wonder.

Wolf Kanno
07-27-2009, 08:49 AM
I have not played the PSP version so I'm afraid I can't help you with the extra challenges but am I the only one here who feels this answer should be the Bloodsword? I mean the weapon does unholy amounts of damage to almost everything and it makes the final boss a joke. Its why I am so happy the Firionel's "Ultimate form" is turning his weapons into Blood weapons. ;)

mattkd
07-29-2009, 09:44 AM
haha blood sword the final weapon. na because it doesn't do big damage to anything. plus the strongest weapon in the psp version would be the masamune. you gotta have toad 16, ride the snow sled, hold O and pres X 10 times, win the mini game without missing. there are other character specific ultimate weapons gotten from the secret dungeons.

haha Firionel, his name was diff in the NES ersion, in the psp version his name is Firon there are other diff names like the town names are diff

Wolf Kanno
07-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Ignore the weapons stat. The Blood Sword is infamous for being the easiest means of dispatching the hardest bosses. It drains health and it seems to ignore defense to boot. While statistically not the greatest weapon I was still able to get the weapon to do 2x more damage than the Ragnarok and some of the other "ultimate weapons" against several of the final boss encounters. ;)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-29-2009, 10:15 PM
haha blood sword the final weapon. na because it doesn't do big damage to anything. plus the strongest weapon in the psp version would be the masamune. you gotta have toad 16, ride the snow sled, hold O and pres X 10 times, win the mini game without missing.

The Masamune is in all versions of the game; ordinarily, you get it from a hidden chest in Pandamonium (in a hidden room with a high encounter rate, likely pitting you against any number of Red Dragons). The concentration mini-game was added for the PlayStation remake, and its capacity to dispense Genji equipment and the sword came with the GBA port, just in case it hadn't already trivialized the game's difficulty.

haha Firionel, his name was diff in the NES ersion, in the psp version his name is Firon there are other diff names like the town names are diff

His original name is Frioniel. That it's altered to "Firion" in the localizations is mainly due to space constraints.