PDA

View Full Version : When did you root for the bad guy?

Levian
07-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Tom & Jerry

After watching cat abuse for so many years, I had really had it. I wanted Tom to slice that annoying little thing right open.

Any shows where you rooted for the bad guy?

Namelessfengir
07-21-2009, 06:31 PM
...... read my sig.....

freddy kruger i always want him to win... all these kids get annoying... im laughing my ass off watching him go after them

if the hero is a douche then i root for the villain because it seems right that they should win always get bummed by happy endings

aJaguarinRed
07-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Sadly, I rooted for The Joker but... I think I wasn't the only one. In a strange way I rooted for Kuze in Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig. I enjoy the character Ada Wong in Resident Evil 4 even though she's possibly a villain.

Burtsplurt
07-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Omar in The Wire. I don't know if he was a villain as such, but he did have a tendency to kill people. Quite a lot of people sometimes. But he was cool, and he had a code, and he took his Grandma to church. That kind of thing is enough to make up for the odd homicide or three. :)

Rantz
07-21-2009, 08:57 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3236/22aniaigaeek.gif

Edit: Oh shows nvm then.

Raistlin
07-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I rooted for the bad guy in The Jackal because it was Bruce Willis.

Wolf Kanno
07-22-2009, 06:23 AM
http://z.hubpages.com/u/124992_f520.jpg

McLovin'
07-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Ben in Lost.

Number 1's family including Father in Kids Next Door. They never got enough episodes :(

Freya
07-22-2009, 08:44 AM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/Humble_Budoka/dr_horrible_fingers.gif

eestlinc
07-22-2009, 09:03 AM
I pretty much always root for the bad guy because good is dumb.

Rachran
07-22-2009, 09:46 AM
When i was a child and star wars came out i really wanted darth maul to win ,i didnt really have a reason why except cause he looked cool

nik0tine
07-22-2009, 09:53 AM
When I was a kid I always wanted Mcleach to beat the rescuers down under but I guess didn't know what pre-pubescent rape was back then.

Miriel
07-22-2009, 10:36 AM

<333

And Ben on Lost is great too. I keep hoping he'd strangle Kate to death but it never happens. :(

eestlinc
07-22-2009, 11:21 AM
When i was a child and star wars came out i really wanted darth maul to win ,i didnt really have a reason why except cause he looked cool
I feel old. When I was a child Empire Strikes Back came out.

blackmage_nuke
07-22-2009, 12:53 PM
I wanted Team Rocket to make atleast one successful Pokemon kidnapping.

Vyk
07-22-2009, 01:22 PM
I've caught glimpses of Inu Yasha. Enough for me to decide that he's a prick that deserves a beat down. So whoever his villains are. I want them to win. A lot. On his face

Heath
07-22-2009, 02:01 PM

arcanedude34
07-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Tom & Jerry

After watching cat abuse for so many years, I had really had it. I wanted Tom to slice that annoying little thing right open.

http://z.hubpages.com/u/124992_f520.jpg

And pretty much any other cat-mouse combo from my childhood. Except Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam. Because humans are just plain dumb. And evil.

Also, any book (I recently finished Red Dragon) where you actually dive into the psyche of the antagonist and develop a sense of sympathy for them, where you can actually root for them when good things happen to them.

Oh and the MOTHER smurfING TRIX RABBIT. Jesus CHRIST. You could argue that he's not the "bad guy" but not even the chew toy-iest of butt monkeys from other shows go through what he goes through. I used to come up with fantasies about that poor rabbit slaughtering those kids. It's cereal! You got a whole damn box, you can share!

fire_of_avalon
07-22-2009, 03:31 PM
I pretty much always root for the bad guy because good is dumb.

xD

Rye
07-22-2009, 04:36 PM
On United States of Tara, I wouldn't call Tara's alters necessarily bad guys, but one of her alter personalities is pretty sinister and is trying to control Tara and be the main personality. But she's so funny and 50's housewife charming that I can't help but love her!

Del Murder
07-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Cartoon cats get a bad go. Mice are pests, they should be able to catch them!

Psychotic
07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/Humble_Budoka/dr_horrible_fingers.gifI have been trying to do that ever since I saw Doctor Horrible. I just can't. :(

Also yeah I always felt sorry for Tom.

LunarWeaver
07-22-2009, 08:12 PM
When I was little, I usually wanted the Disney villain to win. I was so weird as a kid. I even got Scar and Simba toys so I could reenact the battle with Scar winning.

And Ursula, jeez. I always wanted her to come out on top. She was cast out of the kingdom for following her passion! It's not her fault she's talented at witchcraft! But she didn't lose sight of her goals. She got a princess to swallow her misogynistic bullcrap, sign an awful deal, and managed to swipe her voice at the same time. For the tiniest bit there, she succeeded and was queen, crown, trident and all. True, she fails at the end and probably shouldn't have made herself so huge. But she's not afraid to look like a fat drag queen, which I find inspiring. Ursula conforms for nobody!

arcanedude34
07-22-2009, 08:23 PM
And Ursula, jeez. I always wanted her to come out on top. She was cast out of the kingdom for following her passion! It's not her fault she's talented at witchcraft! But she didn't lose sight of her goals. She got a princess to swallow her misogynistic bullcrap, sign an awful deal, and managed to swipe her voice at the same time. For the tiniest bit there, she succeeded and was queen, crown, trident and all. True, she fails at the end and probably shouldn't have made herself so huge. But she's not afraid to look like a fat drag queen, which I find inspiring. Ursula conforms for nobody!
The moral of the story is that, no matter how legitimate it may be, you don't have to honor deals if you change your mind later. And hell, if the person won't let you out of the deal, just drive a ship through her!!

An outcast she may be, but she did get everything she wanted perfectly legally, even if she did cheat a bit by ruining Ariel's chances with Eric as a human...

Freya
07-22-2009, 09:45 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/Humble_Budoka/dr_horrible_fingers.gifI have been trying to do that ever since I saw Doctor Horrible. I just can't. :(

Also yeah I always felt sorry for Tom.

I can open them like that but it's harder for me to close the hands, it takes me a little bit to think about it. :/

Jojee
07-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Oh and the MOTHER smurfING TRIX RABBIT. Jesus CHRIST. You could argue that he's not the "bad guy" but not even the chew toy-iest of butt monkeys from other shows go through what he goes through. I used to come up with fantasies about that poor rabbit slaughtering those kids. It's cereal! You got a whole damn box, you can share!

Yes, oh god, yes.

Medi
07-23-2009, 06:11 AM

Yes, oh god, yes.

Ditto.

And I always wanted the Cigarette Smoking Man to succeed on The X-Files. It's not like the aliens weren't going to invade anyway; he just wanted to survive it. Plus, he was such a sly badass.

Namelessfengir
07-23-2009, 06:51 AM
And I always wanted the Cigarette Smoking Man to succeed on The X-Files. It's not like the aliens weren't going to invade anyway; he just wanted to survive it. Plus, he was such a sly badass.

he went out in a good way first getting thrown down a flight of stairs then taking a missile to the face

jaws..... nuff said.....

Dolentrean
07-23-2009, 11:17 AM

I can't even get my hands to open like that...

Also, Team Rocket. There intros were so epic that they deserved something.

PeneloRatsbane
07-23-2009, 01:11 PM

yes /\ what business is it of Ash's to just keeping messing up their work, they did it with such style that most the time they deserved the win for effort alone.

also I always wanted Drakken and Shego to murder Kim Possible from that disney show.

Ben from lost rules, and i did want Daniel and Charlotte to smash up the survivors camps as they treated them like crap even tho they were saving there ungrateful backsides from gas and stuff, but they weren't really bad guys it was just paranoia from Jack and co.

And i rooted for Davy Jones as well.

An outcast she may be, but she did get everything she wanted perfectly legally, even if she did cheat a bit by ruining Ariel's chances with Eric as a human...

as a law student I can assure you there is nothing legal about that contract LMAO

Madame Adequate
07-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Lex Luthor.
Brother Cavil.

Goldenboko
07-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Tom & Jerry

Any shows where you rooted for the bad guy?

Sometimes that show got so bad I felt like Jerry was the bad guy! D=

Madame Adequate
07-23-2009, 03:54 PM
There was no "Sometimes" for me. Tom was a poor beleagured innocent driven insane by the constant torture of a sick mind.

HOOTERS
07-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Cruella De Vil. Those puppies would have made such a nice coat.

McLovin'
07-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Lex Luthor.

Ah was gonna say Lex as well. He just wanted to help the world...ends justify the means...rrright? :( stupid clark

Sword
07-28-2009, 12:52 AM
Transformers. The bad guys were always cooler, especially from Beast Wars onward. The Autobots just had gay little cars.

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2009, 03:52 AM
Tom, definitely :(

SomethingBig
07-28-2009, 05:23 AM
The Trix Rabbit. He just wanted some cereal, but the kids were too greedy to let him have even just a bite. :(

Crimson
07-28-2009, 10:51 AM
I was rooting for Sephiroth to destroy the world with Meteor.

Ok, yes i'm lying, I dont care about Sephiroth, I just really wanted Cait Sith to die.

:(

Sword
07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
The Trix Rabbit. He just wanted some cereal, but the kids were too greedy to let him have even just a bite. :(
The kids were the bad guys :shoot:

ReloadPsi
07-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Any alternate universe/timeline episode of Stargate SG-1 in which the bad guys basically seemed to have won. It was nice to see those "what if...?" scenarios and, knowing they weren't part of the main story, I would want to see as much bad :bou::bou::bou::bou: go down as was possible.

Dreddz
07-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Terry Silver from Karate Kid Part III.

qwertysaur
07-28-2009, 06:19 PM
He IS the good guy. :colbert:

PeneloRatsbane
07-28-2009, 08:05 PM
He IS the good guy. :colbert:

no he isn't. He's the main character but he's also a villain, all be it a down on his luck villain, thats whats cool about the character.
He does win, but doesn't get what he really wanted :(

Hambone
07-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I liked Delores Umbridge of the HP series. She may have been REALLY fucked up, but she was a total badass.

I also agree about the Tom & Jerry thing. I remember watching it a few times and Jerry would beat the crap out of Tom even when Tom wasn't making any attempt at eating Jerry. Come on, man.

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Couldn't the mouse just moved into a cat-less house :(

Leave Tom alone ;_;

Medi
07-29-2009, 01:15 AM

he went out in a good way first getting thrown down a flight of stairs then taking a missile to the face

Yeah, I'm glad his real death was so glorious. The whole staircase thing was so undignified. He deserved better.

Oh yeah, I've also always wanted Sideshow Bob to kill Bart, since he's my least favorite character on that show.

And I find the portrayal of Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter films absolutely delicious.

xXsarahXx
07-29-2009, 02:04 AM
I was rooting for the bad guys all the way through FFXII...anyone who could wipe out Vaan and his sorry lot (except for Balthier and Fran) would get my vote!

PeneloRatsbane
07-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I was rooting for the bad guys all the way through FFXII...anyone who could wipe out Vaan and his sorry lot (except for Balthier and Fran) would get my vote!

Fran and Balthier should have turned at the end and set the Strahl to self distruct when they ditched the others Mwhahah
That would have been a twist and a half

(but seriously i don't mind that gang)