PDA

View Full Version : Grah! Chocobo Tales...

arcanedude34
07-22-2009, 05:21 PM
When will Japanese game programmers learn that not all of their market is Japanese, and thus lacks the apparent Godhood that the Japanese have in video gamery?

Discuss your most stressful, frustrating experiences with Chocobo Tales. Right now, I'm trying to get Redeye Rampage. It's not going well.

EDIT: 2890? COME ON!!!

EDIT2: 3020!! Woooo!!

*rolls eyes* How isn't Chocobo Tales a Final Fantasy game? Honestly, it has frickin FINAL FANTASY on the cover and cartridge. You run around with a chocobo, black mage, white mage, Cid, airships, cactuars, moogles...

Just because it's cutesy and not ZOMG EPIC doesn't make it any less of a Final Fantasy than Tactics or Crystal Chronicles...

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post, please.

eestlinc
07-23-2009, 05:08 AM
I don't know, the person who moved the thread failed to comment. But maybe he will now.

Shlup
07-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Was the eye roll really necessary? eest, just move the fucking thread back so this petulant hole can go back to whining about important things, like how Japanese game makers cater to Japanese culture.

*moves thread*

There you go, dear. You enjoy your game now.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-23-2009, 05:44 AM
I don't know, the person who moved the thread failed to comment. But maybe he will now.

The Chocobo games are a spin-off series unto themselves, with their own logic and vague internal continuity. "Final Fantasy Fables" is just a recent label Square invented to help the games sell in America; notice that previous games in the series, such as Chocobo's Dungeon 2 and Chocobo Racing, didn't use it. This is not unlike Square's renaming SaGa and Seiken Densetsu as "The Final Fantasy Legend" and "Final Fantasy Adventure" in the early '90s. Both of those series, not just coincidentally, also belong in General Square Enix.

this petulant hole

Amanda, honestly.

Shlup
07-23-2009, 05:51 AM
But the Final Fantasy title is there nonetheless!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-23-2009, 06:03 AM
There have been ten games in this series; only the latest two have used the moniker, and only in a market foreign to their creation. Just like putting Final Fantasy Adventure up against Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Legend of Mana, Sword of Mana, Children of Mana, Friends of Mana, Dawn of Mana, and Heroes of Mana, the series on the whole vastly favors General Square Enix.

Shlup
07-23-2009, 06:29 AM
But it has words on the cover. And don't try to show me up by saying "please" when you merge posts!

God, this whole thread is ruined. The staff here are such bastards.

eestlinc
07-23-2009, 07:39 AM
The staff here are such bastards
says the one who called arcanedude a "petulant hole"

we apologize for the insult.

this is probably the most discussion of this game that will ever occur, sadly.

Shlup
07-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Well I am staff here, aren't I?

I've never even heard of this game. Is it any good? I don't even know what arcanedude's edits mean.

eestlinc
07-23-2009, 08:05 AM
I think he is saying it is hard to meet the benchmark scores required for various challenges. and then he edited with scores he got. apparently 2890 is not good enough, but 3020 is good enough for a woo.

Shlup
07-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Okay, this game is pretty damn cute. I want it now.

Also one of these (http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-Keychain-Chocobo-Figure/dp/B0014ZXPVQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1248335001&sr=8-2).

Raistlin
07-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Shlup, this is why we can't have nice things.

EDIT: I'm going to agree with Kishi that just because it has "Final Fantasy" in a translated name doesn't mean it is considered part of the main series.

Goldenboko
07-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Well I am staff here, aren't I?

I've never even heard of this game. Is it any good? I don't even know what arcanedude's edits mean.

I loved Chocobo Tales. I beat it over vacation I believe during a long car ride, omg, my CT Deck <3

arcanedude34
07-24-2009, 02:58 AM
It has more to do with Final Fantasy than Spirits Within and that's in General Final Fantasy. And I didn't mean to come off as whiny, I was just making a point. Sorry.

Also, I'm one card away from a 100% file. Definitely the hardest game I've ever gotten 100% on.

Shlup
07-25-2009, 03:59 AM
See I may be mean but at least I agree with the dude.

So, I still don't get it though, and for the sake of furthering discussion... is this like an RPG puzzle game or something?

arcanedude34
07-25-2009, 07:27 AM
It's pretty much a collection of minigames that utilize the touchscreen (some better than others) and a rock-paper-scissors styled card battle system. The plot is more or less the standard restore the four crystals fare, and both the card battling and minigames can be frustrating as hell, but overall it's a good game.

Shlup
07-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Oo, frustrating as hell parts... that might hurt it, in spite of its cuteness.