PDA

View Full Version : SCORE!

Vermachtnis
07-23-2009, 05:05 PM
So like I said yesterday I got paid and today I went to Gamestop. I was looking around at stuff checking out DS games like My World, My Way (BTW if anyone as any info on that share. It looks like the weird quirky games I love) when over in the PS2 section a big box caught my eye. It was Growlanser: Heritage of War Limited Edition. Now I'm a huge sucker for limited edition crap, but I figured it was just the box. Even still I wanted to play Growlanser so I picked it up. To my surprise the guy pulled out the case and tiny white box rubber banded to it. And then I got it home and it had everything! The buttons, the bonus DVD, a keychain, and an artbook. And for even more awesome, it is setting beside my KoF: Maximum Impact Special Edition box.

So yes, talk about lucky finds.

Momiji
07-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Finding Touhou games in stock anywhere online is lucky enough as it is, and I've managed to get two of the games in my collection.

Bunny
07-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I found a used, but still in good condition, copy of Suikoden II for $10.

The Space Pope
07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I saw an unopened Zelda: LttP at a flea marker for a dollar

Also someone mailed me a bunch of PS2 games which was weird because I was living in a hotel and nobody knew my address. Kinda creepy actually.

Raistlin
07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Like Bunny, I found Suikoden II for about $15 at a game store many years ago. Soon after I went out and found Suikoden I (not quite as valuable, but still rare) for about the same.

I don't really care about limited edition crap. But rare, good games are always nice to find.

The Space Pope
07-23-2009, 06:59 PM
That reminds me, I saw the first Klonoa one time but it was like 40 dollars

ugh

Wolf Kanno
07-24-2009, 06:32 AM
I find a lot of rare games from time to time. I actually collect a lot of them. To a point at least. Suikoden II is still on the top of my list as well as a Sega Saturn. A new used game store just opened up and they have a few NES and SNES titles I've been looking for. I wish I had a Sega Genesis cause they have a very nice collection of Sega titles there. :cool:

My last great find was probably either a copy of Persona 1 with its original case and booklet or the strategy guide for Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne.

JKTrix
07-24-2009, 07:10 AM
My World, My Way is indeed quirky, but it's kind of junk. Similar story for Steal Princess. I usually like 'quirky' games too, but I like games that play nicely better. I wonder if Atlus *has* to bring out these 'bad' games in order to license other games from the Japanese publishers?

As far as 'finds', I remember the game store in Bermuda was selling some limited edition box set for Arc the Lad for $10. "Sweet" says I, but I didn't have a PS1 memory card so I couldn't play it properly. Ended up giving it away.

I Took the Red Pill
07-24-2009, 07:12 AM
I saw Skate 2 for 360 for $20 at Walmart and thought that was a great deal, so I picked it up, but when I got to the register found out that it was actually $60 because someone put Skate 2 in Skate 1's spot. They gave it to me for $20 anyways. Score.

Shattered Dreamer
07-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Went into Game to get a PC controller for my laptop & decided I wanted to get a new PS2 game & picked up Mercenaries 2: World In Flames which was marked as €20 new. Got up to the register & the guy told me Mercenaries 2 was priced wrong & he had to get the manager. At this point I'm expecting the manager to come over & try to sell it too me at higher than the marked price. It was Dublin after all & most shop managers in the Grafton St area are sly dogs! But to my surprise the manager comes over & says the game retails at €6.40! So in the end I was happy!

Also about 2 years ago I picked up a copy picked up a brand new copy of True Crimes: NYC for €10 which also pleased me greatly!

Shoeberto
07-24-2009, 01:40 PM
I saw an unopened Zelda: LttP at a flea marker for a dollar
Oh wow. Color me jealous! That's like my favorite game ever.

I tend to buy games online through like Amazon sellers because the deals are just too good to pass up, and they're usually pretty reliable. Like, I wanted Rock Band 1 for the sole purpose of ripping the tracks into Rock Band 2. No rental stores around me had it, new it's $30, and Gamestop only knocked a few bucks off of that for used. But I found a used copy on Amazon for $10 that I will probably just trade in for credit once I get everything ripped and hopefully make back close to what I put into it.

Elly
07-24-2009, 02:35 PM
congrats on finding "My World My Way" (original title translation was "The World Revolves Around Me") as it went out of print as of a month after it's release, making it extremely rare, it is fun & definatealy not junk, you can make it as hard or as easy as you want through Elise's pouting ability (she's a spoioled princess trying to impress an adventurer)... as for great finds i was able to obtain a copy of "Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja" recently for under $100, it's also rare and out of print...

Vermachtnis
07-24-2009, 05:32 PM
My World, My Way is indeed quirky, but it's kind of junk. Similar story for Steal Princess. I usually like 'quirky' games too, but I like games that play nicely better. I wonder if Atlus *has* to bring out these 'bad' games in order to license other games from the Japanese publishers?

congrats on finding "My World My Way" (original title translation was "The World Revolves Around Me") as it went out of print as of a month after it's release, making it extremely rare, it is fun & definatealy not junk, you can make it as hard or as easy as you want through Elise's pouting ability (she's a spoioled princess trying to impress an adventurer)

That is the problem, I did research on my own and can't find anything too decisive. It must be a love it or hate it game. But if it is rare, I should pick it up just to be safe.

SomethingBig
07-25-2009, 05:47 AM
I'm not sure how rare it is, but a couple years ago, I found Xenogears in a bargain bin for I think $5 and immediately bought it.

The night the Wii was released in the U.S., my friend and I made plans to go to a Best Buy early in the morning to wait for it. I called in the night before to figure out when they'd open and the guy said that even if we came in at 10 am, we were guaranteed to get Wiis because they had at least 100 in stock. My friend and I went in early (5 am), anyway, because we wanted the experience (one of the best nights ever because so many things happened). When we got there, we found a HUGE line of people waiting. A couple even had beach chairs. Keep in mind that this was in November in New Jersey. It was freezing out. Best Buy finally opens and once we got closer to the entrance, we found out that they were quickly running out of products. They ran out of Red Steel games and I was worried that not only would I not get Twilight Princess, but I also would drive back home Wiiless. My friend and I finally got inside and everything was perfectly organized and we got our Wiis and Twilight Princesses. Turns out that by the time we got in, there were only 3 Wiis left. We got 2 of the last Wiis that they had.

ChaosWolf
07-26-2009, 02:37 AM
Final Fantasy 7,8, and 9 for 5$ a piece. That's probably the best deal I've ever gotten.

eestlinc
07-26-2009, 03:02 AM
FF Tactics as greatest hits for like $10 (this was probably 4 years ago). Such a good deal, even if not that rare to find.