PDA

View Full Version : You're So Last Seasonal

Shiny
07-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Do you tend to shop for clothes with colors based on what season you are? What season would you say you are? If you have no idea what the hell I am talking about go here (http://womens-fashion.lovetoknow.com/What_Are_My_Best_Colors_to_Wear). This is for guys too!

Fonzie
07-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Yup, depending on what season it is really drastically changes what I'm going to wear that day.

Also, it might alter what colored basketball shorts I'll wear to sleep.

Fall: Maybe a light brown
Winter: Maybe a light blue
Spring: Maybe a light black
Summer: Maybe a light black

Tavrobel
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Season does not affect my wardrobe, other than the length of pants that I wear, and the need for a hoodie.

Red shirt, dark blue pants are how I roll. Grey and black shirts are also acceptable.

LunarWeaver
07-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I've never even thought about doing such a thing before.

rubah
07-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Apparently I'm winter? idk

I like bright yellow, brown, grey, and apparently lots of blue. I also buy a lot of green shirts but rarely wear them (gofig)

Rye
07-23-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm not religious to this in regards to clothing, but I am in regards to make-up. Nothing makes me sadder than to see a girl use make-up that doesn't match her skin tone/eyes, because I want to give them tips, but that's rude and presumptuous. Blue eyed girls, please never do blue eyeshadow!

As for clothes, I do bright colors and black. I tend to do more greys in the winter, because I like the color grey, but in the summer I do purples and blues the most.

Raistlin
07-23-2009, 09:59 PM
My casual wear consists of the same khaki or gym shorts and t-shirts all year round, substituting jeans for when it gets cold.

scrumpleberry
07-23-2009, 10:03 PM
I'd guess that I'm autumn. Hooray?

I try to wear colours that suit me yeah but I've never ~had my colours done~ or anything so I don't know what they're meant to be.

Marshall Banana
07-23-2009, 10:22 PM
I wear a lot of pink, red, and/or green clothing, regardless of "my season!" Brown looks good on me, too. :kauberry:

Denmark
07-23-2009, 10:23 PM
That website is a lie because it says red is a good all around color and I look bad in large amounts of red, like a completely red shirt. Darker red and maroon works but not #FF0000. No sir.

I think I look best in dark blues, browns, greens. Most dark colors.

Freya
07-23-2009, 10:28 PM
During warm months I wear browns reds and well warm coolers. Cooler months i like blues and grays.

It says i'm an autumn kinda I think.

Breine
07-23-2009, 10:34 PM
My mom has two clothing stores (with clothes for women), which means I've been told many times what colours suit me - and those are apparently earth colours and tones. I dunno.

I just wear the colours I think suit me and that I like - doesn't matter what season it is, really.

Bunny
07-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Season does not affect my wardrobe, other than the length of pants that I wear, and the need for a hoodie.

Red shirt, dark blue pants are how I roll. Grey and black shirts are also acceptable.

This is almost exactly my answer except I wear white shirts occasionally.

DarkBahamut
07-24-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm......An.......AUTUMN! :bigsmile:

blackmage_nuke
07-24-2009, 01:40 AM
My clothes always consist of long pants regardless of season a polo shirt and a jacket ranging from light jacket or vest in warmer times and heavy jacket and light jacket in colder seasons. I choose my clothes primarily on how many pockets I need.

Denmark
07-24-2009, 02:30 AM
I choose my clothes primarily on how many pockets I need.

This reminds me: Women's clothing designers do not realize the importance of pockets. My girlfriend always complains about not being able to use the pockets on her jeans when I can fit tons of stuff in mine (mostly keys).

Rye
07-24-2009, 02:34 AM
My mom has two clothing stores (with clothes for women), which means I've been told many times what colours suit me - and those are apparently earth colours and tones. I dunno.

I just wear the colours I think suit me and that I like - doesn't matter what season it is, really.

Whoa! Breine! When I come to Denmark to do your laundry, I wanna shop at your Mom's store!

Madame Adequate
07-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Would it be overly emo to say my season is nuclear winter? :jess:

Del Murder
07-24-2009, 03:20 AM
I buy clothes like once every five years so they have to be good for all seasons!

Shiny
07-24-2009, 05:20 AM
I choose my clothes primarily on how many pockets I need.

This reminds me: Women's clothing designers do not realize the importance of pockets. My girlfriend always complains about not being able to use the pockets on her jeans when I can fit tons of stuff in mine (mostly keys).
I don't need bulge. :colbert:

I buy clothes like once every five years so they have to be good for all seasons!
Lucky for you! I have to do it once or twice each year. I get holes in my shirts and jeans so easily.

Darkswordofchaos
07-24-2009, 06:16 AM
Lucky for you! I have to do it once or twice each year. I get holes in my shirts and jeans so easily.

yeah thats definatly me to but hey imo jeans dont even get good and comfy untill you at least have one or two holes in them

rubah
07-24-2009, 06:52 AM
I hate not having pockets! I hate carrying a purse!

I also had an old hippie tell me to stop wearing my wallet in my back pocket. I don't think he realizes how much higher up lady pockets sit on the posterior than dude pockets. We barely sit on them!

Unbreakable Will
07-24-2009, 01:59 PM
I dunno about anyone else...but I only shop for clothes when I need new clothes... like when mine all have holes or if my fav t-shirt got a bleach stain on it because some little dumbfuck dropped toilet bowl cleaner with bleach on the floor and it squirts onto a pile of fresh laundry and I have to restrain myself from killing the little ass because 'hes your cousin dont kill him'...fuck that... next time it happens he dies....
ahem, sorry bout that.

Rodarian
07-24-2009, 02:03 PM
:cool:

I've been in the business of textiles/and fashion for a while now.

Now first thing first.

You don't ALWAYS have to buy the the seasonal color trends. Yes do buy some varying shades and tints of that particular color, however make sure it suits your skin tones... Its vital or else you'll find yourself a poster child for being a color vomit....

My favorite season is Fall/Winter because for one thing I love to layer clothes, and secondly I have a complete jacket fetish...

Oh its complete waste to continuely buy the it items cause really you'll waste your money...Find a compromisie between Classics and Trendy...Its tougher than it sounds cause you gotta make the effort to actually shop.... The best way to avoid any hassle is go alone at your leisure. And please do go to the fitting rooms and try it on cause somethings you like, may actually look a disaster on you.

In the end I only partially follow trends..Namely cause I fit into the category of trendsetter...Its not that I'm tooting my horn..I just simply have my own individual style which most ppl happen to approve of.

If anyone wants to ask questions about Fashion/Clothing related stuff, hit me up. Roddy boy here won't turn anyone away..ok except for Del......:p

I also had an old hippie tell me to stop wearing my wallet in my back pocket. I don't think he realizes how much higher up lady pockets sit on the posterior than dude pockets. We barely sit on them!

There is/was a rule of thumb that its un-lady like to put their wallets in the back pocket... Wallets should be kept either a clutch or other hand bags... Oh and it ruins the over 'image' by having something bulge out... Even if it sits higher than ones on mens jeans/pants

squiike
07-24-2009, 03:33 PM
I dont care about fashion or season. I just shops what seems to fit me. I can shop summer clothes in winter, and the other way around.

I was really into yoga fashion a while ago. Dont shop that much for myself anymore. But i'm still a sucker for yoga fashion on girls :love:

Breine
07-24-2009, 04:24 PM

Whoa! Breine! When I come to Denmark to do your laundry, I wanna shop at your Mom's store!

You're more than welcome - she'd be delighted to have a customer all the way from "God's Own Country". Don't know if the stuff she has will be up to par with the hipster New York stuff you probably shop for normally, though :P

rubah
07-24-2009, 05:15 PM

There is/was a rule of thumb that its un-lady like to put their wallets in the back pocket... Wallets should be kept either a clutch or other hand bags... Oh and it ruins the over 'image' by having something bulge out... Even if it sits higher than ones on mens jeans/pants
I'm pretty unladylike anyways. Did I ever mention that I'm an engineering student? :D

~*~Celes~*~
07-25-2009, 12:54 AM
I'm an autumn :bigsmile:

I tend to buy whatever I think looks cute. Which coincidentally enough tends to be, for the most part, autumn colors. :greenie:

Blue Harvest
07-25-2009, 10:50 AM
I wear whatever the fuck I want to wear, which is mostly black and blue.

Shlup
07-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I mostly wear shades of blue, and a lot of black and pink. Been adding more green and brown lately.

I don't really think about what "season" I am. I know that BJ looks at me different when I put on the right shades of blue though, which I like.

Rodarian
07-25-2009, 04:25 PM

I'm pretty unladylike anyways. Did I ever mention that I'm an engineering student? :D

HAHaH that explains a lot! :P Unless you've commited some serious fashion faux pas and look like u need some serious tyling cues... I'm pretty laid back when it comes to other ppl dress habits.

Although...Please don't tell me that you wear your bra outside your tshirt ....0_o

rubah
07-25-2009, 07:08 PM
what bra

Rodarian
07-25-2009, 07:25 PM
what bra

:Eek: *springs a nosebleed*

Shiny
07-25-2009, 07:28 PM
what bra
You better wear those bras lest you wanna look like the women on the cover of National Geographic.