PDA

View Full Version : The Speedy Gamers host Final Fantasy Marathon for Autism - EoFF can help!

Rye
07-24-2009, 03:13 AM
Tavrobel IM'd me earlier telling me that The Speedy Gamers emailed him asking him if he could put information up on the front site.

Final Fantasy is Charity (http://www.eyesonff.com/news_single.php?news_id=753)

The Speedy Gamers host video game marathons with all of the money going they raise going towards some sort of cause. They're doing this marathon while playing Final Fantasy, how neat is that? You can watch them over their live cam as they play. It's pretty fun. :)

I just donated. I know there are a lot of people on the forums who either have autistic family members like me, or know have friends with autistic family members. It's something that has touched everyone in some way. So it'd be a very nice and thoughtful thing to do, just to donate a few dollars to their cause. It's a secure website, so even the younger members, I'm sure could ask a guardian to help them out with a donation if they so please. They've almost reached their goal, so help make sure they can do it!

Thanks a lot, from both of us! :ichigo:

Awrini
07-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Wow, you're behind the times. They started like Saturday. They're almost done. Last I checked they raised about 40,000. Which is damn nice for ACT.

To be honest, I was waiting for this post. But far too lazy to make it myself.

FFIX Choco Boy
07-24-2009, 02:42 PM
I've been watching them since it started.

Rostum
07-25-2009, 01:32 AM
Well, their marathon is over now - I didn't think to post up here when I was watching; I only jumped in from FF7, FF9 and FF8. Any one else manage to watch this?

Basically, the Speed Gamers decided to run a marathon all week to play through Final Fantasy 1 - 12, they even had an extra feed of someone playing FF11. This was to raise charity for ACT Today.

Their initial goal was to raise $20,000, but in the end they managed to get around $50,400. However, they didn't make it to FF10 and 12.

http://www.thespeedgamers.com/

They have been on the news; you can watch it on their main page. I think they've done a great thing to raise money and put video games in a good light with the mainstream media.

As a side note, their next marathon is going to involve the Mega Man games.

Freya
07-25-2009, 02:38 AM
I watched a little bit of it. I think they were playing VI at the time but I can't remember.

The crazy part was the chat! It was going by crazy fast!

eestlinc
07-25-2009, 03:08 AM
now that this is over we can merge with the thread in gen FF.

Rostum
07-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Thanks eestlinc.

I really enjoyed watching, however the FF9 playthrough was appauling. They took so long on the last leg of it, and kept refering to the guide book - but I don't think any of them had played FF9 enough. This is the same with FF8, whom Baltes kept saying he'd breeze through it beforehand.