PDA

View Full Version : I challenge you!!! FF7 edition!

leader of mortals
07-24-2009, 07:35 AM
Well, in the FFX forum we used to have this really fun thread, by Cloud88, and apparently inspired by me, so I guess thats enough for me to steal his idea;)

The rules are...
1. Someone signs up
2. They ask a question
3. I not only answer the question but give another question
4a. If I am right, they would continue on like step 3
4b. if I am wrong, they win and face the next person, and the challenger will always ask the first question.

So... Whoever wants to go up against me can just post a question, and after the question is posted no one else post a questi0n, just post here to sign up.

If you want to see the actual post, here it is...

Ok, well I saw the FF7 Millionaire, and the riddles on all the forums, so it just sorta hit me, what if they're combined? So what I'm proposing is that we have a little competition. I'll ask you (a single person) a question about FFX. If you get it right, my opponent asks me. If I get it right, I ask him/her/ and so it continues. If either one of us gets a question wrong, that person must step out and somebody else steps in to try and beat the current champ. And so on. So if anybody wants to give it a shot, lemme know. Just one or two rules.

1. Only questions on FFX or FFX-2 are allowed, but they can be on any topic within that game.
2. Each player has 2 days to come up with an answer for the current question. If they don't answer within that time (or without a good excuse), they forfeit their place.
3. If you're interested in going against the next player, first come first served. Get your name in. You'll be up next as soon as one player loses.
4. Questions must be clear and make sense. If for example I asked, Whats Tidus' Celestial Weapon?, one could answer a sword, but the answer I'm looking for is Caladbolg. So make sure theres only one answer to your question.:D

So anyway if you're interested, give it a try. I'll start with something easy:
What's the name of Yuna's Celestial Weapon?
Currently awaiting challenger.

Of course, dont use FFX, use FF7:p

But in this one, the first challenger can start...

Darkswordofchaos
07-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Q: what are the red shinra soldiers that you first meet in sec 7 by the piller goin to do later?

leader of mortals
07-24-2009, 08:20 AM
A. Well, I'm pretty sure they are going to see a show later, but later they actually get caught up in the sector 7 plate falling, and are presumed to be dead. I think one of them says he's gonna quit if he makes it out alive...

Q. What do the items stolen from Deenglow and Ghost uin the Train Graveyard have in common?

Darkswordofchaos
07-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Yeap a lovless concert actually.

A: you get a gost hand from ghost witch drains mp from enemeys and and ether from the otherone witch gives you Mp. so you can get mp from either item. ( i am playing my downloaded FF7 on my PS3 and just got to the Train Graveyard thats how i knew this one lol)

Q:A wee bit tougher this time.
What is on the news in the sector 5 house?

Karifean
07-24-2009, 09:58 AM
*signing up*

leader of mortals
07-24-2009, 10:16 PM
A. That same dude that was on the TV in the 7th heaven hideout, and if he says anything I think he talks about the recent Reactor explosion.

Q. If both Yuffie and Red XIII have the same stats and attack the same enemy, will All Creation or Cosmo Memory do more damage?

Darkswordofchaos
07-25-2009, 08:26 AM
A: i think its all creation

and if so
Q: what does Barette claim Pres. Shinra to be the king of?

leader of mortals
07-25-2009, 10:20 PM
A. King of VERMIN:D

Q. If there were no damage variation and every hit from RedXIII's Stardust Ray did 3500 damage, would it do more or less damage than Earth Rave?

Darkswordofchaos
07-26-2009, 02:09 AM
A. King of VERMIN:D

Q. If there were no damage variation and every hit from RedXIII's Stardust Ray did 3500 damage, would it do more or less damage than Earth Rave?

A more
q. what does the man i the lower part of wall street not sure if he should do

leader of mortals
07-26-2009, 03:35 AM
Im sorry, but actually Earth Rave would be doing 9999 damage at that point, and 5 hits of 9999 is stronger than 10 hits of 3500.

So next would up would be Karifean! You make the first question Karifean.

Darkswordofchaos
07-26-2009, 07:42 AM
i thought you meant the both were hitting for 3500 each time so since stardust has more hits....

Anyways good game :D

Karifean
07-26-2009, 09:15 AM
okay...

Under what conditions does "Stilva" (Gaia's Cliff) use Trine?

leader of mortals
07-26-2009, 10:02 PM
I thought I had answered this before, but I guess I didn't...

First off, DarkBahamut, you arent supposed to answer the question, however I will sign you up. Please read the rules to the thread more carefully.

A. Stilva uses trine when his health is low, and I actually didn't steal that from bahamut, I said it before, but I always exited out of the webpage while thinking up a question.

Q. Finally got a question; How many different effects are there for Cait Sith's Slots?

Karifean
07-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Sorry LoM, but Stilva never uses Trine, unless you manipulate him.

Watch him, he only uses Magic Breath, but NEVER Trine.;)

DarkBahamut is up next?

leader of mortals
07-27-2009, 11:35 PM
ARG! I knew it could be manipulated, but I thought he would use Trine in battle too...

Well, DarkBahamut is up then, so he gets the first question.

DarkBahamut
07-28-2009, 04:16 AM
Q. How much attack % does Yuffie's Razor Wing have?

Karifean
07-28-2009, 08:33 PM
hmm... hard to answer since i have the german version of the game, but i think it's 105?

Q: If the player does nothing except for healing, how many turns (turn = Emerald Weapon's turn), minimum, will pass during the fight vs Emerald Weapon until he uses Aire Tam Storm? ;)

f f freak
07-28-2009, 11:19 PM
I guess I'll sign up for this.

leader of mortals
07-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Ok, I'll even steal Cloud88's idea for management!:D

Current Challenge:
DarkBahamut vs. Karifean

Current Champion:
Karifean (1 Win)

Waiting List
FF Freak
Leader of Mortals

DarkBahamut
07-29-2009, 05:26 PM
hmm... hard to answer since i have the german version of the game, but i think it's 105?

Q: If the player does nothing except for healing, how many turns (turn = Emerald Weapon's turn), minimum, will pass during the fight vs Emerald Weapon until he uses Aire Tam Storm? ;)

A. 4 turns

Q. Which boss gives most EXP and AP, by himself? (Excluding disk 3 bosses and Weapons.)

Karifean
07-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Sorry, DarkBahamut, but if the player doesn't do anything besides possibly healing himself, thus not damaging Emerald Weapon in a specific way, it will take a minimum of 7 turns until Emmy uses Aire Tam Storm. Using Knights of the Round greatly speeds up this process - if done in the beginning, it will only take 3 turns! - but that was not the question.

Emmy follows this AI:

Round 1: He uses Emerald Shoot. After that, there's a 2/3 chance, that it will move on to Round 2, otherwise this round will repeat.
Round 2: He uses Foot Stamp (name not shown).
Round 3: He uses Emerald Shoot once again.
Round 4: He revives his eyes and INSTANTLY uses Emerald Beam.
Round 5: He does nothing.
Round 6: He uses Emerald Beam once again.
Round 7: He uses Aire Tam Storm and repeats from Round 4.

If the player kills off ALL eyes, Emmy will instantly return to Round 1, but only if certain conditions are not fulfilled.

So if the player doesn't damage Emerald Weapon or his eyes in any way, it will take 7 turns, unless he uses Emerald Shoot repeatedly in Round 1.

FF Freak, you're up and ought to ask a question.

f f freak
08-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Sorry, I thought you guys would have carried on for longer.

Q. In the Wall Market events, if you recieve the Silk Dress, Blonde Wig, Cologne and the Glass Tiara, who will Don Corneo pick to go with him?

Karifean
08-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I think that's enough to get Cloud chosen. I can't easily translate Cologne and Glass Tiara from german version, but I don't wanna look it up in a FAQ.

If correct:

When does the Chocobo use "Chocobuckle" and "Chocobo goes nuts" (Cgn is the attack where he beak-hits everyone)?