PDA

View Full Version : Cricket

DarkBahamut
07-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Who here likes Cricket?
I love Cricket.
FAVORITE SPORT.

THANKS TO MEAT PUPPET FOR BEING SO RUDE TO CRICKET IN THE TENNIS THREAD, MEAT PUPPET SHALL BE BANISHED IN EXACTLY 39 MINUTES AND 43 SECONDS! WHY THAT EXACT TIME YOU ASK? I really don't smurfing know.

I root for Pakistan since I'm from there. I like the Aussies as well. Occasionally the West Indians, the Kiwis, and barely ever, the South Africans. The only team I actually hate is India.

Does anyone know what I'm even talking about or do you just think this is spam?

Old Manus
07-24-2009, 06:20 PM
I love cricket. You don't know my disappointment at the lack of a thread for this year's Ashes Series :colbert:

SomethingBig
07-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Do people say "pip pip" and "cheerio!" while playing cricket?

DarkBahamut
07-24-2009, 06:25 PM
NO! But they intimidate the opponents alot, though.

SomethingBig
07-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Are you telling me that you wouldn't be intimidated by a guy holding a huge bat yelling, "PIP PIP CHEERIO!" at you?

DarkBahamut
07-24-2009, 06:43 PM
No, but the bowler can intimidate the batsman by bowling a ball that bounces high, usually over the head of the batsmen, and usually only people who can bowl pretty fast do that. Sometimes, people even get hurt.
YouTube - Shoaib Akhtar vs. Gary Kirsten (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XJw2WxfYX8)
YouTube - Ponting hit by Steve Harmison bouncer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ70wtD-fLA)

The second one is for you Old Manus. Ashes '05.

SomethingBig
07-24-2009, 06:52 PM
We played cricket in gym some time in middle school. I remember really, really liking it and was incredibly disappointed when we didn't play it again.

Burtsplurt
07-24-2009, 07:04 PM
I like cricket. The 20/20 World Cup was very exciting, but test matches can be in their own way (both Ashes tests so far have been close. I know we won by 100-odd runs in the second one, but I was pretty worried by the end of the fourth day).

Missing Big Steve Harmison, though. His form for Durham should surely get him in at some point.

DarkBahamut
07-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Pakistan played with all their effort in Twenty20 WC. Their bowling screwed Sri Lanka, New Zealand, S. Africa, and of course, Ireland. :)

And batting was very good from Afridi and Akmal.

Ashes looks interesting. It's not that often England performs good, but when it comes to the Ashes, it's GAME ON!

Breine
07-30-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm not really into cricket, but I've met some Australians and Indians that a rather crazy about it.

Rocket Edge
07-31-2009, 01:55 AM
Pakistan played with all their effort in Twenty20 WC. Their bowling screwed Sri Lanka, New Zealand, S. Africa, and of course, Ireland. :)
Wasn't it Ireland who knocked Pakistan out of the World Cup? :chuckle: That was St. Patricks Day though, we had the luck behind us on that one.

I don't even understand Cricket, so I can't cross proper judgement. Seems like a cool enough game. The way Sky are literally forcing viewers to watch the ashes is something I find hilarious though. They wouldn't speak more than two words about it if they wern't showing it on their channel.

Meat Puppet
07-31-2009, 02:24 AM
Not as boring as golf but less exciting than tennis.

DarkBahamut
07-31-2009, 06:51 AM
Wasn't it Ireland who knocked Pakistan out of the World Cup? :chuckle:

That's what the smiley is for. AND YES, it was the Luck of the smurfing Irish that happened on March 17th.