PDA

View Full Version : Past Minigames you'd like to see make a come back

Iceglow
07-24-2009, 10:40 PM
OK so the Final Fantasy series has had some aweome minigames or subgames in it's time from Triple Triad/Tetramaster to the Golden Saucer arcade games and even the Marks/Loot/Chain system from XII can be seen like a challenging subgame to the main game just how high can that chain go? Can you be ridiculously weak and take out the super marks? What about picking up the top loot? I could spend all day listing the many many mini games that have featured in the FF games series. So keeping this short and sweet when it comes to FFXIII the latest in the series what past minigames would you like to see updated and included in FFXIII?

trancekuja
07-24-2009, 10:44 PM
I enjoyed Triple Triad oh so very much.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-24-2009, 11:00 PM
FFXIII would be the weirdest place for it to come up again, but the return of Chocobo Hot & Cold would make me about a thousand times more enthusiastic for this game.

Goldenboko
07-24-2009, 11:18 PM
FFXIII would be the weirdest place for it to come up again, but the return of Chocobo Hot & Cold would make me about a thousand times more enthusiastic for this game.

I officially love you and endorse everything you say.

Del Murder
07-25-2009, 12:00 AM
H&C should only come back if the music does too.

I like monster arena type places, and quests for ultimate weapons!

Rantz
07-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Oh hell yes, I want me some H&C reborn. Triple Triad too, or even better, a new card game that takes the best from Triple Triad and Tetra Master and adds something of its own to make a superb minigame.

NeoCracker
07-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Actually I'd much rather see the Xenosaga Card Game used, as it was far superior and more in-depth then the FF's, though a less random Tetra Master would be to die for.

And a thousand times yes to Hot and Cold.

Iceglow
07-25-2009, 04:35 AM
You know I feel that a kind of Golden Saucer Arcade game thing for FFXIII could definitely include something like the following for minigames:

A duelling minigame where like in the Laguna versus the Red Dragon movie scene during FFVIII you have to duel the monster purely 1 on 1 with speciffic commands it's very "Suidoken IV like" and I loved it in Suidoken IV and the original Laguna - Red Dragon challenge was fun too.

Some kind of basic sniper game, the evidence I've seen shows a lot more guns being used in this game than in previous entries so some kind of basic "Silent Scope" mini game could be awesome heck it'd have been king down in FFVIII sniping as Irvine Kinneas and also in FFVII for the fanboys using Vincent.

qwertysaur
07-26-2009, 12:02 PM
If there is a minigame for each character to interact with, then Szah and Hina would definatly have to be H&C.

Look, she wants to play even!
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/d/d4/FFXIII-baby-chocobo.jpg

Formalhaut
08-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Note: The Kwaaah is supposed to be a chocobo's cry. nvm.

I loved the Chocobo racing of FFVII. That would be a nice minigame.

Secret Dungeons... Ultimate Weapons... All that stuff. A example would be in FFX-2 (Dont flame), the Via Infinito was awesome, I died in there at least twice, probably more. 100 floors is quite a quest.

I wish the weapons made a comeback. Like the Omega and Ultima weapons. They werent really there in XII apart from Omega XII.

Basically, the more sidequests there are, the better.

P.S: Would'nt it be really funny if Blitzball made a suprise appearance?

Crimson
08-14-2009, 03:02 PM
It's not mentioned often but I personally liked the Gun Gauntlet mini-game in FFX-2.

Formalhaut
08-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Omg I was terrible at that one! They always seemed to hit me then my chain went away and then oh my god I wondered how I got the Admantite in the end.

I don't think they will. Maybe, but personally, I think, just like you said, overlooked.

Tainted Angel
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I'd rather see a minigame compliation on the Playstation Store. (H&C, Tetra Master..)

I'm also waiting for Blitzball (whatever year they make it for).

OT: Yes I'd like H&C in Versus XIII. Maybe H&C upgrades a possible Chocobo summon.

Croyles
09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
I think H&C would be awesome, as would a monster arena and gold saucer type place (maybe make it less cheesy).

Kyros
09-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Oh hell yes, I want me some H&C reborn. Triple Triad too, or even better, a new card game that takes the best from Triple Triad and Tetra Master and adds something of its own to make a superb minigame.

This would mean it'd just be Triple Triad without the rules people complain about since Tetra Master was horrific. I'd like Triple Triad, and it would be cool if they had an arcade like in golden saucer except this time the games can be good (talking about the machines, not the chocobo races).

Lexy
09-19-2009, 06:54 AM
Haha, I just played FFVII today for the first time in like five years, and played the snowboarding mini game for about an hour. That thing is so much fun!!!!! And I was thinking, why hasn't an ff since then had something like that?
At the very least, a card game would be great...preferably like triple triad.
And that would be hilarious if blitzball was in XIII for some reason.

Rase
09-19-2009, 10:09 AM
None. I'm not really a fan of mini-games in my RPG's, especially since they're usually required at least once to advance the story. Only real exceptions are the Mario RPG's, and I con't explain why. Probably the aesthetic and general Nintendo-ness or whatever.

Levian
09-19-2009, 01:05 PM
I hope they come up with something new, awesome and addicting. They've done it multiple times before, they can do it again!

If not, then hellz yeah to Chocobo Hot & cold