PDA

View Full Version : For Cap'n Wakka

Marshall Banana
07-25-2009, 07:53 PM
I can't win the the championship game. I know that winning isn't mandatory, but I want to!

Luck seems to be the biggest factor! The Jecht Shot helps, but only if I can get the ball to Tidus (which is hard enough), obviously, and I didn't have any opportunities to use the Jecht Shot more than once before Wakka replaced Tidus during my tries. My strategy is: get the ball (with some luck), pass it immediately to Tidus before Goers catch up to my player (otherwise, they'll take it back), swim Tidus to the goal, and shoot. What usually transpires is: the Aurochs score one goal, and the Goers score two goals.

Please tell me how to defeat the Luca Goers with these losers! Dumbest creatures in th' whole forest. :gruffi:

Skyblade
07-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Lots and lots of luck.

Immediately getting the ball to Tidus is good, and shoot with him as often as you can in the first half. Try to shoot before more than 1 of the Goers can block you (and break past that 1), because if you get a clear shot, Tidus has about a 50-50 chance of scoring. If you're lucky, you can get 2 or 3 goals in the first half (and if you time it right, you can score a goal near the end and it won't give the Goers time to take another shot afterward). Stopping the Goers is mostly luck though. The RNG needs to be friendly to you to stop their shots.

If you manage to get ahead, pass the ball to a defender and swim inside your own net. A glitch in enemy AI will make them ignore you if you do this right.

Marshall Banana
07-26-2009, 10:18 AM
YEAH! :onnanoko:

I did it! I thought I'd be forced to play overtime, but I scored a goal with Wakka during the last ten seconds of the second half, and the Goers didn't have a chance to tie the game again! The Aurochs won! 2-1!

I was so nervous!

Thanks for your advice! It really helped!

qwertysaur
07-26-2009, 11:43 AM
The victory scene is such a bittersweet moment. So happy, yet a tough farewell to say farewell at the highest point in the teams success.

I was so happy when I beat the goers in the championship game though. So thrilling :D

Marshall Banana
07-26-2009, 01:45 PM
It's unforgivable that, so many times, Tidus' Jecht Shot was interrupted by a cut scene during the second half.

Skyblade
07-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Glad you got it. And, yeah, the cutscene where Wakka takes Tidus's place is really annoying when it comes in the middle of what would be the winning goal.

Jessweeee♪
07-27-2009, 12:17 AM
I just use the Jecht Shot and then glitch it xD

leader of mortals
07-31-2009, 08:25 AM
A strategy I normally use is to get the ball and go back towards your net and curve downwards so you will either have both midfield and right forward following you or just right forward. Then, if it's just right forward, break him and go along the bottom of the sphere right until their right defender starts to follow you, then lead them away from your Left Forward, in this case Tidus, and pass it to him before you initiate a fight-thingy with the defender. Tidus is now completely open and I often go behind the goalie before I make a shot, although it has no extra effect:p

The only problem is if you are being followed by both Graav and Abus(or whatever), where you would have to go up(assuming Letty has the ball) and pass the ball to Jassu and continue down along the bottom of the sphere like normal.

Once you get it and understand it correctly, you will only ever have to worry about defense.

And yes, I do know that you already won it, this post is just for any future problems:p

Jiro
07-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Beating the Goers was a magic moment. Then I was matched up against them when you hit Mi'hen Highroad. I thrashed them. Took some of the feeling away, beating them so easily the second time :(

Karifean
07-31-2009, 12:09 PM
It's a good feeling to crush the Luca Goers after X tries... but I think that Attack Sphere is definitely worth it. But after beating them, I don't continue playing Blitzball until I get Wedge, Brother, Kyou, Nida, Neda and Myu...

Wedge seems to be a miracle of a player. First, he's great for scoring goals, then he's a very nice defender and at the end, he's the second best goalie. :Eek:

Neda (or was it Nida) is very slow at first, but reaches speed 99 at Lv. ~80 already.

black orb
10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
>>> I won that final and I didnt even tried..

Marshall Banana
10-26-2009, 08:45 PM
A strategy I normally use is to get the ball and go back towards your net and curve downwards so you will either have both midfield and right forward following you or just right forward. Then, if it's just right forward, break him and go along the bottom of the sphere right until their right defender starts to follow you, then lead them away from your Left Forward, in this case Tidus, and pass it to him before you initiate a fight-thingy with the defender. Tidus is now completely open and I often go behind the goalie before I make a shot, although it has no extra effect:p

The only problem is if you are being followed by both Graav and Abus(or whatever), where you would have to go up(assuming Letty has the ball) and pass the ball to Jassu and continue down along the bottom of the sphere like normal.

Once you get it and understand it correctly, you will only ever have to worry about defense.

And yes, I do know that you already won it, this post is just for any future problems:p
I'll try this next time I play.

Kyros
10-26-2009, 09:07 PM
I just had my guys draw defenders off of Tidus, passed Tidus the ball, then Jecht shot through 2 defenders. It's easy mode with Jecht shot, and I won like 7-1 or something like that. When Wakka came in I think I just put everyone on defense lol

auronlu
10-31-2009, 08:33 PM
The odd thing is that I've gotten to where I just use sphere shot and ignore Jecht Shot entirely, because of the cutscene giving you time to get off only one shot. I can get off two with sphere shot, I just use a little more planning to draw defenders away from Tidus before passing him the ball. He can usually break through Balgerda.