PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Clone Factory D:

Jessweeee♪
07-26-2009, 03:32 AM
Harlequin takes aim at teen readers with new imprint - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2009-07-15-harlequin-teens_N.htm)

Go visit the Young Adult section of your local library and grab ten books off the shelf without really looking at it. One or two of those will already fit this description, so I guess this is nothing new. This is actually how I found Twilight in the first place.

Your thoughts? o:

guffman
07-26-2009, 04:22 AM
ugh... twilight is horrible enough. now someone wants to make a Twilight ripoff!? its like eating a pile of :bou::bou::bou::bou: hoping that when it comes out the second time it isn't :bou::bou::bou::bou:, sorry folks. it's still a pile of :bou::bou::bou::bou:, except now its worse. 'cause you ate :bou::bou::bou::bou:. now i'm just ranting. apologies, didn't mean to jack your thread for my hate rants.

Laddy
07-26-2009, 05:30 AM
I hate American youth.

Crimson
07-26-2009, 09:33 AM
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Markus. D
07-26-2009, 12:30 PM
*looks at sig*

*sigh*

D;...

Polaris
07-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh God if you only knew the amount of Stephanie Meyer's clones here in Portugal that are actually publishing books! It's a tendency, a fashion... no one will remember Twilight in 50 years!

guffman
07-26-2009, 10:56 PM
no one will remember Twilight in 50 years!
oh how i wish this were true...

Madame Adequate
07-26-2009, 11:05 PM
The amount of dreck on the shelves makes me want to ragequit.

From IRL.

Darkswordofchaos
07-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Does anyone on EoFF not hate twilight? my GF is in love with edward i think the whole thing is pretty dumb myself

Shlup
07-26-2009, 11:45 PM
I don't have Twilight in a guilty pleasure kind of way. I'll probably read all of these books.

LunarWeaver
07-26-2009, 11:55 PM
I had never gone into Twilight before, but I finally did try to watch the movie. I wanted to like it. I really did :( But it was so bad it physically hurt me. I got an hour in and couldn't take it anymore. As for the books, I don't know, maybe they're better or something, but I'm not even going to bother tbf.

I applaud anyone who hops on this wagon and rides it to the bank. We should all write :bou::bou::bou::bou: supernatural romance novels for teenagers, actually. Get ourselves some munniez. But I care more about money than doing something good.

Jessweeee♪
07-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Does anyone on EoFF not hate twilight? my GF is in love with edward i think the whole thing is pretty dumb myself

Eeeeh, I wouldn't say I hate it. I'm just not too fond of teen vampire romance novels in general x.x

Darkswordofchaos
07-27-2009, 01:00 AM
one thing that bothers me Why <snip>The F---</snip> smurf do the vampires sparkel in the sun? arnt they supposed to burn up? Or at least get really bad sunburns like in supernatrual

Please don't circumvent the swear filter. ~Zeromus

Jessweeee♪
07-27-2009, 01:03 AM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/bloodslides/9bexhf.jpg

guffman
07-27-2009, 07:24 AM
the above post wins.

Shlup
07-27-2009, 07:27 AM
the above post wins.
FALSE.

http://pics.livejournal.com/lucylou/pic/000q10k7

Bunny
07-27-2009, 08:28 AM
I dunno Shlup. "Get in the care loser we're going sparkling" is pretty awesome.

Shlup
07-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Alright, I will grant you that. It doesn't earn extra points for me 'cause it's old and stolen from somewhere else.

Bunny
07-27-2009, 09:17 AM
It's okay, yours was really good too. Want to hug now?

Shlup
07-27-2009, 10:00 AM
I want to something, bb.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/seagullsiam/sparklemotion.gif

Crimson
07-27-2009, 11:33 AM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/bloodslides/9bexhf.jpg

For the love of god marry me, im rapidly losing faith that there's any sane people left in the world of literature.

Rye
07-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Get in the car loser we're going sparkling would have made me spit water had I been drinking any. xDDDD

Breine
07-27-2009, 04:36 PM
ugh... twilight is horrible enough. now someone wants to make a Twilight ripoff!?

Twilight is already a Buffy/Angel ripoff :mad2:

Maybe I'm biased.

qwertysaur
07-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Some books should not be propigated.

Sephex
07-28-2009, 12:18 AM
I never read the books or seen the movie, but from what I gathered about the plots from those parody comics, Twilight makes about as much sense as this:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/1248732411814.jpg

Markus. D
07-28-2009, 02:02 AM
ugh... twilight is horrible enough. now someone wants to make a Twilight ripoff!?

Maybe I'm biased.

Twilight is more "Days of Our Lives with vampires" where Buffy was a style that the early Supernatural seasons were (which also fits into "Days of Our Lives" with more recent episodes).

guffman
07-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Twilight is already a Buffy/Angel ripoff
hardly... buffy and angel involved ass kicking and an element of campyness that was intentional and awesome. twilight just took really bad high school drama, through in some sparkle bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: and a complete lack of sex, and just... well it just really sucked. like what else is there to say, other than it sucked.

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Um, just so you know I didn't make that, I took it from Cracked, who took it from somewhere else >.>

Breine
07-28-2009, 06:41 PM

Maybe I'm biased.

Twilight is more "Days of Our Lives with vampires" where Buffy was a style that the early Supernatural seasons were (which also fits into "Days of Our Lives" with more recent episodes).

I was talking more about the whole teenage girl falling in love with vampire thing.

Polaris
07-28-2009, 07:13 PM
My bf and I "argued" once about these people who "imitate" others just to be sucessful and how bad that was... My bf told me those people were clever because even though they knew they were writting "crap" they knew people would buy it... I mean this is the reader's fault, right? If "Twilight" wouldn't have this astronomical success no one would ever write books about vampires, they would be stuck with Harry Potter. Let's face it "Twilight" it's not creative, she didn't write to be creative she wrote it so the readers (innocent readers, because honestly when you read the first book didn't you know it was going to end well???) wanted to read more. This is what happens with the "clones" they're trying to copy her addictive style and we are left with some foolish piece of papers that they try to sell as "books". I am sorry if I am being a little harsh but here in Portugal (a country with a great amount of genial writers) nowadays is all about these books. You wanna publish a book? Fine, you have to be under 25 years and write some crap with mythology and there you go publishers will sell it saying you are the Portuguese master of fantasy novels... there's this book a guy wrote and he copied Stephanie's Meyer style of writting with some random story and he thanks Evanescence and Final Fantasy... come on what kind of writer thanks a number of musicians for their work? Stephanie Meyer thanked Muse that's good, I was inspired by Metallice once to create a short-story but here in Portugal they make a list of things that were suppose to be "hobbys" just to gain popularity. His book will be published in October and the guy spreaded the word at "Twilight"'s forum, Evanescence forums... you know what they call these youngs here? New talents! They call a person who copies a style of writting a young new talent and they add "We are glad to give a chance to these young new talents"... maybe there is a reason why in the past only few people published, that was because these "new talents" that do nothing else than copy to become rich and famous. How guilty are we that these people do this?

guffman
07-28-2009, 11:39 PM
ugh i'm too lazy to read above post, someone wanna summarize. pleeeeeeeeease.