PDA

View Full Version : Orphan

Dignified Pauper
07-26-2009, 04:00 PM
If you have not yet seen this movie. Go see it. I saw it last night and it was terrifying. Absolutely bizarre and well-done. Near the end, there is one cheesy moment that made everyone in the theater just laugh (on a college campus) that really didn't need to be there, but it was over-all a stupendous thriller. I recommend seeing it, because at the end, you actually breathe and are like "It's over."

SomethingBig
07-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Eh, personally, it doesn't look too appealing. Is it true that she's actually a 40 year old prostitute that has dwarfism? If so, that's a major deal-breaker for me. Dwarfism doesn't work that way. And even if it did, the fact that she's essentially a child prostitute is disturbing to no end. Is it really necessary for her to be a prostitute?

Necronopticous
07-26-2009, 07:35 PM
There are few concepts that are as immediately appealing to me as a sinister young girl. That said, I went and saw Orphan fully aware that I was about to pay money to see a Jaume Collet-Serra film--something I'm sure I've vowed never to do at some point in my life. There wasn't really any chance that it was going to be a good movie, and I knew that going into it. As expected, the film, as a whole, is not good. It is well-worn, textbook American horror fodder with an unnecessary twist. All of my hopes for this film were in the chance that Jaume might accidently put together some good scenes with the wonderful ingredients he had at his disposal. I am extremely relieved to say that my hopes were fulfilled. There are a few very good scenes in this movie that are worth the price of admission. Also, I suspect that Isabelle Fuhrman will go on to do some wonderful things in film, on the grounds that she is a child genius.

Dolentrean
07-27-2009, 02:42 AM
It doesn't look scary. Pfft, I could beat up a little girl.

Necronopticous
07-27-2009, 03:39 AM
beat up a little girl.Now we're talking.

Hambone
07-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Eh, personally, it doesn't look too appealing. Is it true that she's actually a 40 year old prostitute that has dwarfism? If so, that's a major deal-breaker for me. Dwarfism doesn't work that way. And even if it did, the fact that she's essentially a child prostitute is disturbing to no end. Is it really necessary for her to be a prostitute?
Eh, sort of. She's 33 and has hypoplasia. I don't remember her being a prostitute though.

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2009, 04:02 AM
I'm not having kids now.