PDA

View Full Version : Tekken!

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2009, 03:40 AM
I noticed in a certain newbie's thread that we have a lot more Tekken fans that I originally thought!

Which one is your favorite? Who is your favorite character? Do you like to use a dance mat to play sometimes like I do?

Mokujin is probably my favorite. I also like to use Xiaoyu, Anna, Law, Nina, Asuka, Paul, and Gon.

Momiji
07-28-2009, 04:07 AM
Oh wow, I haven't played Tekken since Tekken 2.

If I remember right, I was rather fond of playing as Kazuya.

TyphoonThaReapa
07-28-2009, 04:07 AM
Nina is THE BEST. If anyone thinks otherwise, play me PLEASE...

I play with Nina, Lee, Anna, Lei, Heihachi, and know good combos with just about anyone. My favorite Tekken was Tekken 3. A'yo, no doubt Tekken 3 was the best son...

Once Tekken 6 comes out, look for TYPOONTHAREAPA on PSN...I'll be there...

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2009, 05:19 AM
Tekken 5 is my favorite, but Tekken 3 will always have my favorite sound track n.n

For some reason, all of the Tekken 2 arcade machines in my city have a broken left joystick.

SomethingBig
07-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Jeez, way to steal Flora's thunder, Jess. >:(

I haven't seriously played Tekken since Tekken... 5? 4? Whatever the last one was on the PS2. When I did, though, I played as Paul.

Markus. D
07-28-2009, 05:38 AM
TEKKEN TAG HOME CONSOLE VERSION~

Unknown + Mokujin xD!

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2009, 05:40 AM
Jeez, way to steal Flora's thunder, Jess. >:</>(

I haven't seriously played Tekken since Tekken... 5? 4? Whatever the last one was on the PS2. When I did, though, I played as Paul.

Well I really really wanted to talk about Tekken :(

SomethingBig
07-28-2009, 06:21 AM
So did Flora. So. Did. Flora. :colbert:

Does anyone have that downloadable Tekken game for the PS3? I'm up for a few matches, if anyone's interested! :)

Shattered Dreamer
07-28-2009, 12:54 PM
I love Tekken I've played & finished all of them bar Tekken Tag. Favorites characters I'd say Paul, Hworang, King & Marduk. One of my favorite gaming franchises period:D

Shauna
07-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Tekken. :D I love Yoshimitsu too. Yay sword attacks. :D

I'm looking forward to Tekken 6. Should be pretty fun, just like the rest of them.

Dreddz
07-28-2009, 02:51 PM
I used to be a hardcore Tekken fan, but I'm slightly burned out on the series at this point. Must have put in over 100 hours into each Tekken (possibly around 500 hours into Tekken 3). The series isn't really going anywhere we haven't seen before and well.......I just can't be assed anymore. Ill still buy Tekken 6 though, just so I can have a refined online experience instead of that trash they put out on the PSN.

Still have great memories of the series, especially of me and my brother religously playing Tekken 3 throughout the late 90's. I like all the Tekken's but Tekken 3 always stood out for me. I was pretty good with all the characters but my main characters were Lei and Bryan Fury. I'm not nearly as good as I once was though.

Sword
07-28-2009, 02:57 PM
King is king. I have so much fun playing as him and Asuka. I used to be really good, but I'm quite rusty now. Tekken 6 looks like its gonna be big, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Lars Alexandersson plays.

Rocket Edge
07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
My favourite tekken was no doubt Tekken 3, simply because when it came out it was the most addictive game ever. Tekken 5 is the most enjoyable, but 3 has a nostalgic hold on me.

My main character is Yoshimitsu. I'm hardcore with that man, 'cos playing with him is just so much fun. Other characters include Paul, Lee, & Xiaoyu. If I'm playing a n00b and just want to creal him I use Paul. He's a real powerhouse of a player.

Does anyone have that downloadable Tekken game for the PS3? I'm up for a few matches, if anyone's interested!
I'm there. At times, the lag online in Tekken DRO is atrocious but I'll play anyway.

Depression Moon
07-28-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm a fan of the series not a hardcore one thoug, but out of all the fighting game franchises, Tekken would have to be my favorite. As much as I like SFIV, I dislike a lot of elements in it too like the story (that's to be expected) the controls and balance of characters.

Smash is great too, but I have the most confidence that in my skills with Tekken. I have really no problems in performing the moves in that game and no Typhoon, Nina ain't :bou::bou::bou::bou:! It's all about Hwoarang. I put a lot of time in 5 trying to get all those items and I never did that frustrated me. I've been sticking with the games for a while and like Dreddz said nopt much has changed. I was debating for a while if I was going to get it or not, but I decided in the end that I will and that this will be the last one. I want to enter the Gamestop tournaments for this, but i haven't played 5 since my PS2 broke and I know there's one on PSN, but should I spend money on a game that I already have?

Madame Adequate
07-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Tekken 2 and 3 were blatantly the best by a million miles.

I remember the first time I did Bryan's 10-hit at my friend's house, everyone was just like "... did he just do a 10-string" and it was awesome.

Breine
07-28-2009, 08:13 PM
The newest Tekken game becomes my favourite, since I'll play it religously and become used to all the new moves and stuff that's been added to this new edition. Overall, Tekken 3 was at the time a brilliant, brilliant game, though.

I haven't played Tekken in around a year now I think, though. One reason is because I was away traveling, and now that I've returned home I've been playing other games. I know I will get into it again once Tekken 6 is released, though, and I will play it around the clock then. Man, I used to be good at it - hopefully (probably) it's all in the fingers, and I'll be able to pick it pretty quickly.

My favourite character has always been Nina, and it will probably continue being so. Other than her I also like playing with Julia, Xiaoyu, Paul, Lei, Anna, Yoshimitsu, Kazuya, Asuka etc. Actually, I'm okay playing with almost everyone, and there are only a few I don't like playing with.

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2009, 08:37 PM
WHO'S UP FOR SOME TEKKEN BALL?

Psychotic
07-28-2009, 09:19 PM
I SURE AS HELL AM.

Hwoarang and Steve are my personal favourites. Although you can't go wrong with Christie/Eddy/Tiger and mashing O and X!

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2009, 09:26 PM
I hate it when my brother uses Hwoarang and I get stuck in an infinite combo :(

Depression Moon
07-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't remember Hwoarang having an infite, but if he does, you can sidestep it probably like Ganryu's.

Shauna
07-28-2009, 10:27 PM
My sister slaughtered me once with Eddie. We had a team battle - her first character up was Eddie. She never lost any health, and destoyed all 8 of my characters. It was an embarrassment. :(

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Hahaha I remember when I first started playing Tekken with my younger brother and cousin we had a "No Eddy" rule. We thought he was the most invincible thing ever and using him would be cheating.

chaos_ghost
07-29-2009, 04:05 AM
Tekken 2 and 3 were blatantly the best by a million miles.

I remember the first time I did Bryan's 10-hit at my friend's house, everyone was just like "... did he just do a 10-string" and it was awesome.

I NO RITE!!:D

3 was my fave and I loved owning faces with Bryan.

I've not given anything past Tag a legit shot, but they still seem to be pretty fun.

Am I the only one here who when they first used him(and sometimes now) tries to do a combo with Hwaorang but ends up doing that stupid style switch thing?

NeoCracker
07-29-2009, 04:14 AM
Bryan and Eddie will destroy your souls.

I mean did you SEE Bryans 3 ending? He rips off the top of a freakin' tank and hurls it at a bunch of soldiers, killing them all in the blast. How cool is that?

That, and even though he lacks many low attacks, he can be freakin' vicious. I love his 'summon four gods' special throw, or whatever it was called.

chaos_ghost
07-29-2009, 04:18 AM

I mean did you SEE Bryans 3 ending? He rips off the top of a freakin' tank and hurls it at a bunch of soldiers, killing them all in the blast. How cool is that?

That, and even though he lacks many low attacks, he can be freakin' vicious. I love his 'summon four gods' special throw, or whatever it was called.

Pfft, who needs low attacks when your as awesome as Bryan. The man could punch holes in threw the universe if he wanted to.

Depression Moon
07-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Am I the only one here who when they first used him(and sometimes now) tries to do a combo with Hwaorang but ends up doing that stupid style switch thing?
Yeah I had still got that on occassion.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
07-30-2009, 06:05 AM
I like kicking it old school with Eddy Gordo. All you need are two kick buttons and you're all set!

By the way, just for laughs (at my expense), I took a dive for a girl, when I picked Kuma.

Jessweeee♪
07-30-2009, 06:11 AM

He does have a pretty cool theme song in Tekken 3!

Laddy
07-30-2009, 07:43 AM
I win as Eddy, personally. Plus, he simply looks COOL.

chaos_ghost
07-31-2009, 12:10 AM

He does have a pretty cool theme song in Tekken 3!

OMG THis! He and Mokujin had the best themes!!

Agent Proto
07-31-2009, 01:51 AM
I never really got into Tekken, so I fail to see the real appeal. I mean, it's cool and all, but I could never really get into it. :|

Markus. D
07-31-2009, 04:41 AM
I like the locations and the music <3!