PDA

View Full Version : I Want to Main You, So Stop Being Difficult!!

Evastio
07-29-2009, 04:19 AM
Have you ever had a character in a game that you wanted to be good with, despite sucking with them no matter how much you try to be good with them?

Personally, I've had that problem with Lucario (way too reliant on Aura) and Pichu (need I say more?) in the Super Smash Bros. series and Dr. Stewart in the F-Zero series (The Golden Fox is fragile and pinballs easily, though I'm definitely improving with it).

Medi
07-29-2009, 04:25 AM
I always try to make Kimahri useful. I always fail.

krissy
07-29-2009, 05:12 AM
eddy gordo in tekken 3

Vermachtnis
07-29-2009, 05:15 AM
Momoko and Malin in King of Fighters XI. Mostly Malin, Momoko has that big Esper Beam to fall back on. But I'd like to get to where I wouldn't have to use that though.

Momiji
07-29-2009, 05:18 AM
Marisa-A in Perfect Cherry Blossom and Youmu (solo) in Imperishable Night.

I'm just no good at controlling them.

NeoCracker
07-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Carl Grover and Nirvana in Blazblu. :(

Wolf Kanno
07-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Johnny, Slayer, and Faust are some of my fave characters in Guilty Gear but I can't play them to save my life or at least be able to use them without spamming cheap moves...

Charlie, Rose, and the Two Cammy clone lieutenants in SFA3

Nightmare for SC

NeoCracker
07-29-2009, 07:02 AM
...How the hell can you not use Knightmare? It's like, impossible to completely suck with that guy. XD

Wolf Kanno
07-29-2009, 07:07 AM
That's true, but I actually want to main him whereas I'm just decent with him. If I could get him as good as my Mitsurugi or Talim I would be happy.

I can get by with any of the characters I listed but I can't play any of them like my main characters like Ryu, Sol, Zappa, Blanka, Talim, and Mitsurugi ;)

Shattered Dreamer
07-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Anna Williams from Tekken was never any good with her!

Depression Moon
07-30-2009, 01:54 AM
Chun-li in SFIV. She was my inital thought for a main, but I found it impossible to do any of her moves for about two months straight. until recently I found out how, but they're still unreliable to pull off quickly. Main reason for that is just that the game has terrible controls.

Hambone
07-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Tira in SC3 and 4. She just.......ugh.

Oh, and Kimahri too, which sucks since the spear's my favorite weapon in the FF series.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-30-2009, 02:02 AM
Talim in Soul Calibur III, they nerfed her too much. That's when I started to use Kilik as my main. :D

blackmage_nuke
07-30-2009, 03:14 AM
I love RedXIII but his final limit just sucks so bad

Masamunemaster
07-30-2009, 03:17 AM
Ike on SSBB...hes pretty fast but im so used to marth that it messes me up lol

Madame Adequate
07-30-2009, 03:39 AM

Yeah this right here.

I was like this with Voldo for a long time but I was so damn determined that I actually became legitimate good with him. Not so much anymore, but still better than most. Never got to be any good with Setsuka though :(

Jessweeee♪
07-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Dr. Boskonovitch in Tekken 3! He was so weird :(

Anna Williams from Tekken was never any good with her!

Anna is my best character in Tekken 5! My favorite attack is probably the kick she does when you hit the d-pad towards your opponent and then quickly hit circle. And the double slap thing she and Nina do xD

NeoCracker
07-30-2009, 08:08 AM
On this note, I seem to be becoming very good with one of Blazblu's less newbie friendly Characters, Rachel. Didn't start getting good with her until me and another guy maining her went about 6 rounds of Rachel on Rachel action, and we started seeing what she was capable of through our duels.

After that, I jumped up from level 2 to 9 after a few ranked matches with her, kicking the ass of a few people ranked 20 or higher.

For those of you wondering, you are ranked by level based on points you gain from winning matches online, and other then a rough estimate of skill, the Level effects nothing.

I seem to be on par with many of the 30-36 level people right now, winning and loosing a good number of fights with them..

And also, I always rock with Voldo, though no one else likes him. :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Elena's my favorite character to use in Street Fighter III 3rd Strike. She's apparently middle-tier at best, but I'm not good with any other character, so I figure it actually works out all right.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/sfiiielenaspinscythe.gif

Breine
07-30-2009, 08:54 AM

Yeah, he always ends up becoming somewhat of a "meh character". Which is disappointing since he looks so cool!

krissy
07-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Elena's my favorite character to use in Street Fighter III 3rd Strike. She's apparently middle-tier at best, but I'm not good with any other character, so I figure it actually works out all right.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/sfiiielenaspinscythe.gif

yeah me too
edit: she just looks so good

Psychotic
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Feng Wei in Tekken 5. I was like "okay, I mastered a new character each time a new game in the series came out, I'm gonna make it work with this guy now". Meh. I don't even remember any of his moves now. Should've chosen Asuka!

Shoeberto
07-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Ike on SSBB...hes pretty fast but im so used to marth that it messes me up I cried aloud with mirth and merriment
I always thought Ike was a lot heavier than Marth. He definitely plays a lot different, which was refreshing.

I want to be good with more heavies in SSBB. I really enjoy playing Ganondorf, Bowser and Dedede, but I'm not particularly good with them. Well, I can do alright with Dedede, but it's nothing compared to my Lucas.

I Took the Red Pill
07-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Couldn't you have, like, at least tried, Magikarp? (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/377178)

Masamunemaster
07-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Ike on SSBB...hes pretty fast but im so used to marth that it messes me up I cried aloud with mirth and merriment
I always thought Ike was a lot heavier than Marth. He definitely plays a lot different, which was refreshing.

I want to be good with more heavies in SSBB. I really enjoy playing Ganondorf, Bowser and Dedede, but I'm not particularly good with them. Well, I can do alright with Dedede, but it's nothing compared to my Lucas.

im more of a speed person...I use marth samus zelda/shiek or older link more than anyone, I think the "heaviest" person Im best with is roy but hes not to heavy...just hits heavy:P

Old Manus
07-30-2009, 07:03 PM
I always go the wussy looking girl when playing fighters with friends, so when I lose I can just say 'I'm using a girl'

Vermachtnis
07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Dragon, I have no idea what game she's from. She was in a Mugen thing I downloaded. Here's a pic. I'm gonna go try and get good with her.

Rocket Edge
07-30-2009, 09:33 PM

Yeah this right here.
I'll third this. His sphere grid always seemed to get tangled in between everyones so he just balanced out stat-wise, without having an obvious strenght.

LunarWeaver
07-30-2009, 10:05 PM
I always wanted my Martial Arts Assassin to handle my big boy problems in Diablo II, but she's just not as good as other options. There were times I had to use other characters for things.

I make Shion in all the Xenosaga games my main focus. I give her all the best stuff and spend the most time on her, when the fact is most of the others easily surpass her in all 3 games.

I tried to make Invisible Woman my only player-controlled character in Marvel Alliance. That didn't workout either. She is utter :bou::bou::bou::bou: in that game.

I'd like Rantzien to be my main husband, but he's too weak compared to everyone else.

Heath
08-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Not strictly speaking a character but the Slave I ship in Rogue Squadron 3. How I dreamt and dreamt of controlling Boba Fett's ship only to find it disappointingly poor.