PDA

View Full Version : Temple of Time I HATE YOU

hhr1dluv
07-29-2009, 08:18 PM
So, I've just died for the fourth time in the Temple of Time. My characters are all at level 31 and I'm using a Thief (for the sake of fleeing and getting through doors, though it's a really low level), a dragoon, a knight, and a white mage. My first time in I got down pretty far before a dragon killed me. Now, during every subsequent try I keep running into 3 chimeras who take me down before I get off the first floor. Do you guys remember what you did to get through here? For my first attempt I used a geomancer instead of a white mage, so maybe I got farther because more damage was being dealt, but I feel uncomfortable when I don't have a healer in my party. But maybe this dungeon benefits from a more offensive approach?

leader of mortals
07-31-2009, 06:38 AM
If I remember right and the Temple of Time is where you get Odin, then I think you might be on the lower end of "possible". You should try to level a little bit, and also what level are your job levels?

And how do you normally die? Does one of your characters get hit by all the enemies and then as you revive him you get taken apart, or do they keep attacking you and tear you apart within a couple turns? If it's the first option, smarter or more healing could be an easy fix, but if it's the second option you should probably level up.

Your party seems good, but if your dragoon or knight is a really low job level it might be better for you to use a different job for him. Job level, most of the time, makes more of a difference than job does, as long as they have nearly identical power in equipment.

And I'm not sure if you already finished this, but it was the top choice, so I decided to help :p

Elpizo
07-31-2009, 10:33 AM
You do not get Odin in the Temple of Time. Odin is aquired in the optional Saronia Catacombs. ;)

leader of mortals
07-31-2009, 10:45 PM
Darn:p

Oh well, my ideas still apply.

Crimson
08-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Pssh, wait till the end of the game when you have to traverse through TWO dungeons filled with treasure and a battalion of bosses and tough enemies only to get gobsmacked and raped by the final boss and her goddamn particle beam.

But this isnt so bad right? Of course with all this you'll get a save point near the end or halfway in between all this right?

WRONG

hhr1dluv
08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey all, I beat this temple a while ago. I leveled up a bit and then teleported our of the temple to save whenever I got a good item. My thief with a behemoth knife became a killing machine! Also, I think the chimeras killed me often because I always tried to run away instead of attempting to kill them. Overall, it worked out.

Not looking forward to the end game, though, as I hear it's awfully difficult. :P Any recommended final parties?

Elpizo
08-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Hey all, I beat this temple a while ago. I leveled up a bit and then teleported our of the temple to save whenever I got a good item. My thief with a behemoth knife became a killing machine! Also, I think the chimeras killed me often because I always tried to run away instead of attempting to kill them. Overall, it worked out.

Not looking forward to the end game, though, as I hear it's awfully difficult. :P Any recommended final parties?
You just need a devoted white magic user, preferably the Devout you get from the last Crystal. Curaja is all you need to save your life in the final dungeon, as well as a party of lv 55 or higher.

It's really not as bad as everybody says.

Dignified Pauper
08-04-2009, 02:13 AM
It's pretty bad. Don't listen to him. It's terrible actually.

Elpizo
08-04-2009, 10:08 AM
It's pretty bad. Don't listen to him. It's terrible actually.

Eh, in the NES version perhaps, DS made it a breeze. All you need is some preparation, that's all. And yeah, don't have that and you get your behind kicked. I made it on my first try with a lv 60 party of Knight, Dark Knight, Devout and Sage. Sage didn't even have to cast Curaja at all. And Arise? Never needed. So it can't be that hard. IV DS is way harder.

Sefie1999AD
08-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Eh, in the NES version perhaps, DS made it a breeze. All you need is some preparation, that's all. And yeah, don't have that and you get your behind kicked. I made it on my first try with a lv 60 party of Knight, Dark Knight, Devout and Sage. Sage didn't even have to cast Curaja at all. And Arise? Never needed. So it can't be that hard. IV DS is way harder.

Really? I thought it was the other way around, with DS being harder than the NES version. I didn't consider the final dungeon very hard at all in the NES version. If you can make your way to the top of Eureka (that's the hardest part, IMHO) and change your party to Ninja-Ninja-Sage-Sage, there's not much that can stop you. As for the DS version, I've heard Ninjas and Sages have greatly been toned down. However, I haven't got that far in FFIII DS yet, so you should know better than I, Elpizo. There's a question I have, though. I don't have any means to access the WiFi systems in the game. How hard is the final dungeon if you never used WiFi (obviously, you don't have Onion Knight jobs and loads of other things that way)?

Wolf Kanno
08-05-2009, 05:40 AM
Its true that Ninja and Sage were nerfed a bit but all the other classes got a bit of a boost. They tried to re-balance the classes in the DS version cause they were trying to make it so you have more options for how to set up your party so you don't have to resort to using the Ninja/Sage team.

I don't think the dungeon themselves are hard but I do give CoD props for being one of the nastiest bosses in the series if not in RPGs in general. That said, I find the boss battle always seems to go one way. Either CoD royally kicks your ass and you spend the majority of the fight trying desperately to survive only to finally get taken out by its signature attack; or you walk in there and bitch slap them back into the void without breaking a sweat :mad2:

Here's a tip for you if this is your first time through the game. If you decide to level grind, switch to the Black Belts as they give you a huge boost to your hp and are the only real means of getting max hp which will help greatly. :cool:

Elpizo
08-05-2009, 11:00 AM

Really? I thought it was the other way around, with DS being harder than the NES version. I didn't consider the final dungeon very hard at all in the NES version. If you can make your way to the top of Eureka (that's the hardest part, IMHO) and change your party to Ninja-Ninja-Sage-Sage, there's not much that can stop you. As for the DS version, I've heard Ninjas and Sages have greatly been toned down. However, I haven't got that far in FFIII DS yet, so you should know better than I, Elpizo. There's a question I have, though. I don't have any means to access the WiFi systems in the game. How hard is the final dungeon if you never used WiFi (obviously, you don't have Onion Knight jobs and loads of other things that way)?

In my opinion, the game isn't any harder with or without WiFi. If you don't have it, all you're missing out on is the Onion Knight, Iron Giant superboss and the Master Weapons. The Master Weapons are job-specific weapons that you can get from a blacksmith after you master a job. But seeing as mastering jobs in III DS is a bit of a pain, I never truly cared for these weapons. What you'll find in Eureka is all you need when it comes to weapons to finish the game, so... Oh, and Curaja, of course. Don't even think of tackling the final dungeon without Curaja. :p

hhr1dluv
08-05-2009, 10:20 PM
I followed your advice, Elpizo, and totally OWNED the Cloud of Darkness at level 56 with a Ninja, Knight, Sage, and Devout.

I totally ship Luneth/Refia, Ingus/Sara, and Arc/Alus (:p).

I really liked this FF, much more than I expected. I had a lot of fun with the Job system. By far the best of the Nintendo generation.

Now, what to play next?

Zeromus_X
08-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Try FFIV, or FFTA2, if you haven't played either of them already.