PDA

View Full Version : Entrepreneurship

rubah
07-30-2009, 03:21 AM
What's the best example you can find of somebody identifying the existence of a market and then exploiting it?

They're drinking it up in New York - Los Angeles Times (http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/25/nation/na-tapwater25)

Rye
07-30-2009, 03:26 AM
Gotta love hustlers. Clever, clever.

I would buy that water. New York City's water IS really good. I'm kind of like a leech when I visit my home town in Queens, except instead of blood, I just suck up the tap water there. When I grew up, my Mom and I would spend a lot of our summer days making pitchers and pitchers of home made iced tea, with the tap water. It's so foreign to me now, since we've become a bottled water breed.

Where I live, you couldn't PAY me the price of a water bottle to drink it. Ugh. :colbert:

EDIT: I dunno many hustlers besides the general boot leg video people. One of the people I used to get boot legs from before I began to do it myself is very much in the hustler spirit, I love him. When I told him that I was going to Europe, he told me to find designer connections for him.

Madame Adequate
07-30-2009, 03:33 AM
The House of Saud. They basically get to run things however they please, with no regards to international standards or norms, without official criticism, and get massive amounts of money for their troubles. The world needs oil and they've got oil.

Psychotic
07-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Why is the LA Times reporting a New York story? Isn't that what the New York times is for? Man, that's a serious breach of jurisdiction. Heads are probably gonna roll for that one.

Jowy
07-30-2009, 02:26 PM
People are smurfing wastes, if you buy that, you are a gigantic toolchest and should never be able to handle money. That's like having a preference with bottled water because one brand "tastes better than the other." And bottled water is a whole other atrocity I won't even get into.

Fujiko
07-30-2009, 09:15 PM
:o If you can drink water from your own taps at home, why buy the same water just because it's in bottles? I wouldn't.

Sidenote: I've been to alot of countries where you can't drink tap water and I always ended up longing for the day to get back to Sweden where you can drink water right off the tap 'cause it's so clean and most importantly because it's so good and you don't have to buy it in bottles to have a 'delicious' glass of water :3
Though the last time I was at the southern part of Stockholm's archipelago (Landsort), the water tasted funny 'cause it's brackish (mix of seawater and fresh water) from the Baltic Sea (drinkable!).