PDA

View Full Version : How do you like them apples?

Timekeeper
07-30-2009, 12:08 PM
I was having a heated debate with a friend over the way she preferred her apples. She likes her apples cut with one of those swanky slinky apple slicers. Whereas I demand that they be eaten as they should be; crisp and crunchy, right off the core.

How do you think apples should be eaten?

Psychotic
07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah I prefer them eaten off the core. When you slice them, the slices start to go a bit off if you don't eat them quickly enough.

But a heated debate about apples? Did you come to blows or something? That's pretty hardcore. Pretty hard...apple core. :aimsun:

rubah
07-30-2009, 06:14 PM
off the core!

sliced apples are for fancy pantses or ninnies

themagicroundabout
07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I agree that sliced apples are for ninnies. :shobon:

Raistlin
07-30-2009, 06:32 PM
But a heated debate about apples? Did you come to blows or something? That's pretty hardcore. Pretty hard...apple core. :aimsun:

I was going to give you props for the "hardcore" comment, but then you had to beat us over the head with it. *sigh*

Anyway, whole apples off the core is the obvious method, though I will not turn my nose up at proferred apple slices.

Breine
07-30-2009, 06:37 PM
With the mouth.

Kidding aside, I like my apples just the way they are. I work with kids (as a teacher in a sort of after school centre, where they come to hang out in the afternoon until their parents get off from work), and so I've cut many apples and pears into boats. For some reason it annoys me that they can't just bite into the darn apple and just eat it, instead of all this "I only like them in boats" or "Peel it please!".
Kids today are just pampered I guess.

Also, apple crumble and apple cake/pie!

Blue Harvest
07-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Apples are meant to be eaten whole unless sliced up and put in desserts.

ChaosWolf
07-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Apples should be thrown out and replaced with meat. Damn hippies.

Fujiko
07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Also, apple crumble and apple cake/pie!

You said it, Breine <33

But I also like them off the core, so to speak, I don't slice the apple first. But then again; if you slice the apple, sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on the slices (add butter if you want) and put them in the oven for a while <3333 it's delicious!

G13
07-30-2009, 09:04 PM
^ I'll have to try that some time.

I like my apples off the core. It may sound weird but I like the crunch sound you get from it.

sephireland
07-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Apples should be thrown out and replaced with meat. Damn hippies.

:hahaha: yeah Vivi, keep your apple, get me a cheese burger now!!!

Shlup
07-31-2009, 12:10 AM
I slice them if I'm gonna dip 'em in peanut butter or something, but otherwise eat them off the core. Cutting them takes effort.

CimminyCricket
07-31-2009, 05:08 AM
Sliced apples are <3

I hate how it feels to have the skin get stuck in between your teeth sometimes.

Bunny
07-31-2009, 05:12 AM
I slice them if I'm gonna dip 'em in peanut butter or something, but otherwise eat them off the core. Cutting them takes effort.

Hurk.

I don't like apples.

Jessweeee♪
07-31-2009, 05:19 AM
Usually I'll buy four and eat one or two off the core and the rest I'll cut and eat with peanut butter. And one time caramel!

Momiji
07-31-2009, 05:21 AM
Slice 'em and dip them in stuff.

Zeromus_X
07-31-2009, 05:35 AM
Usually eat them whole. Sliced apples can be good too, but I find it easier to just eat the apple normally.

Yar
07-31-2009, 05:40 AM
Slice it up and dip it in chocolate, caramel or peanut butter. :)

Agent Proto
07-31-2009, 05:50 AM
I eat the apple whole, usually. Sliced apples are good for desserts. Though, it was a different story when I was younger, since I used to eat them in slices.

Jiro
07-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Sliced apples taste differently to me. So I only eat sliced apples when I want that taste, it's too much effort otherwise. Off the core is how it should be done day-to-day.

Dolentrean
07-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Oh, did I mention I like apples?

Well, if I didn't, I like apples. They are one of my favorites honestly. And as to the question of how they should be eaten? Well my good sirs, off the core is the correct answer.

The only way to be cool eating a sliced apple is to be Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

*Omega Peach*
08-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Well I am not an apple person, I am for my beloved precious peaches. :mymelheart: But I like all fruit, and i either cut my apple or just eat it. Depends on what I feel like doin :peach:

rubah
08-03-2009, 11:51 PM
my mom always sliced up red delicious apples to put in her popcorn. Any more, I can't stand red delicious unless they're in popcorn (other apples are okay)

well not like *in* popcorn. I would just steal them out of her bowl while she was eating. But in a popcorn context.

demondude
08-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Apples and peanut butter? :x_x:

Whole for me btw.

Rodarian
08-04-2009, 05:14 PM
I seem to have an odd reaction with apples...

I take one bite and then I fall asleep for hours......

Unbreakable Will
08-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Slices are only good for dipping in caramel or peanut butter.
If you just want the apple eat it off the core like a man!

Raistlin
08-04-2009, 07:08 PM

Apparently you need a prince to kiss you awake.

drotato
08-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Butbutbut, Will... I'm not a man. /:

Ahem. I like the slices, because I'm a lady, and it makes me look less savage. (:
But yes, they are also great for dipping into caramel... mmmmm, carameeeellll....

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Years and years ago I used to have braces and as a result I found it rather hard to eat apples without cutting them up first. However now I can eat them the right way and do so often. Apple eating is sexy.

Breine
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Apples and peanut butter? :x_x:

Yeah! What's up with that! Peanut butter goes on bread, with jam!

Jiro
08-05-2009, 03:30 AM
But yes, they are also great for dipping into caramel... mmmmm, carameeeellll....

Hurk.

Slight allergy to caramel :/

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Slight allergy to caramel :/Sucks to be you.

Timekeeper
08-05-2009, 11:01 AM

That's odd, they have the opposite effect on me.
I eat them in the morning to help wake me up.

Breine
08-05-2009, 12:03 PM

Yeah. Caramel is yummy.

Jiro
08-05-2009, 12:21 PM

Yeah. Caramel is yummy.

I know it's yummy. That's why I eat it anyway :monster:

Rodarian
08-05-2009, 12:23 PM

Apparently you need a prince to kiss you awake.

Or a princess thankyou very much... Otherwise let me sleep in the coma ward....Thats were all the apple eaters go to anyhow..Fairy tales are just conspiracy covering truths..

blackmage_nuke
08-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Apples off the core always gets skin stuck between my teeth, I usually cut them in half and eat them

Rodarian
08-05-2009, 06:39 PM

That's odd, they have the opposite effect on me.
I eat them in the morning to help wake me up.

And how about warm apple pies?

Breine
08-05-2009, 07:03 PM

Yeah. Caramel is yummy.

I know it's yummy. That's why I eat it anyway :monster:

Yay, good on you Jiro! :cool:

Levian
08-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Apples are great, my grandmother had an apple tree and we would eat the good ones and throw the bad ones as hard as we could into a wall. It's amazing how all kinds of apples have their purpose, you know.

Lazy Bovine
08-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I was having a heated debate with a friend over the way she preferred her apples. She likes her apples cut with one of those swanky slinky apple slicers. Whereas I demand that they be eaten as they should be; crisp and crunchy, right off the core.

How do you think apples should be eaten?

When I was a wee child, I used to just eat the apples as they were: wash them a bit, and just chomp on 'em. One day, I did just that, and my tooth just got stuck on the apple. It freaked me out lots. Must've scarred me somehow, 'cause now I won't eat the apple as is anymore.

Now I slice them into wedges and eat it like that. That's just me personally. But to answer your question, Timekeeper, apples should be eaten in a way that makes you most comfortable.