PDA

View Full Version : Reviving Eizon

oddler
07-31-2009, 12:51 PM
I've been thinking about bringing back Eizon, guys. I'd like to know how many of you would be interested in participating if I cranked it up and released the beast yet again.

For those of you who don't know what Eizon was, then dive into the archives or click and check out the first two sessions...

World of EoFF (http://forums.eyesonff.com/world-eoff-eizon/)
Eizon: Rebirth (http://forums.eyesonff.com/eizon-rebirth/)

Basically, it's a world that the members of EoFF create based on our imaginations. You can roleplay a character in the world, you can write stories based in Eizon, you can submit creatures or animals to interact with, you can lead a city, you can do pretty darn close to ANYTHING as long as it's creative.

I'll say right off the bat that this go-round will probably be much easier on the calculator. I plan on cutting a lot of the number crunching and focusing more on participant interaction and involvement. Unless of course that's what the majority of those who would want to give it another shot are expecting from it. :tongue:

Basically, if you're interested in taking part in something amazing, then say so in this thread. Also, post any suggestions you have on what would make it more enjoyable this time and let me know what part of it most interests you. :choc2:

Members Interested:

- Aerith's Knight
- Agent Proto
- Dignified Pauper
- Jiro
- Jojee
- Loony BoB
- Lekana
- Nominus Experse
- Pureghetto
- Shauna
- The Space Pope
- Timekeeper

Jojee
07-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Eizon was fun. I forgot what my country was called already. xD Was it Rengoria? Anyway, it was the awesome pink nation <3 I remember the dance-off from it.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/sukifruit/jooygif.gif

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/sukifruit/kc.gif

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/sukifruit/ouch.gif

Heart Kaycee and Zach. ^_^

I dunno if I'd do it again though, it was a bit time consuming~

Loony BoB
07-31-2009, 01:08 PM
As you may have guessed, I would be interested in story-involvement and assisting in creating the world (basically anything on a creative level), but am not interested in any kind of management of cities etc.

I hope this gets a good response, oddler!

Rodarian
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
lol Your nation seems pretty sweet... I'm sure DDR is like the bible over there!

Hmmm would love to participate but I have a lot on my plate and I would not be able to do justice if I joined and subsequently got distracted with the RW.....

Jiro
07-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Fine. I'll do it. I need something creative to do anyway. I'll be busy when school picks up again, but once I graduate I'll probably be able to help out with any management-y stuff you need.

EDIT: I should probably make it clear that I'm not annoyed at anyone. I was thinking about Eizon the other day but shrugged it off because I was too busy. So there, now you know :D

oddler
07-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Haha, I remember the dance off, Jojee. That was awesome. :choc2:

Yeah, if you thought it was time-consuming last time then we can change it up so that it's not that way this time. I'm looking for suggestions on how we can make it more enjoyable all around and that's probably the number one reason it died off. Number two was most likely what BoB said about city management; it was just too in-depth and took too much effort to keep track of. I plan on everything being much simpler so it can be more about fun and creativity!

So far, it's BoB and Jiro. I'll update the first post with a list of anyone interested. And like I said, the more suggestions on how we'd do it, the more fun it's going to be for everyone. :)

Old Manus
07-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Ah, Eizon: TAKE $NUM

The whole project has the blood of Marick coursing through its veins.

Jojee
07-31-2009, 11:18 PM
It was probably time consuming because I was running a nation. If I just participated in a nation it wouldn't be really. xD

Agent Proto
07-31-2009, 11:23 PM
oddler, I support your effort to revive this project. Though, I want to ask if you plan on starting anew or something? I think it would be nice if we could start all over from the beginning, rename the landscapes and continents, etc. Just an idea you should consider about.

Freya
07-31-2009, 11:29 PM
It was fun but I agree it was time consuming. That's why I just joined jojo's rather than making my own.

Possibly less of the statistics. Yes there are a lot of math nuts on here but there are a lot of... not math nuts?

Rather than it being "You have x amount of y and if you apply z amount of w then you etc etc" That was boring and just lost the creativity of it. It made it too technical. Funsucker me thinks!

Dignified Pauper
08-01-2009, 02:40 AM

Is it terrible that I wanted to get involved?

The Space Pope
08-01-2009, 02:48 AM
I like creating things and stuff so I'd do it, but The Space Pope is a very busy creature so it does not know whether or not it will be able to participate fully or not. Also The Space Pope is extremely lazy, hateful, and uncaring, yet likes writing and creative projects so who knows.

Jiro
08-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Eizon has always been about team work Space Pope. We don't want it to go up in flames because members can't be civil. So perhaps working on your "hateful" tendencies would be beneficial.

The Space Pope
08-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Like I said, I'm also uncaring, so...yeah, no.

Just don't hide my sugar cubes or try petting me or pulling my tail and we'll be just groovy.

oddler
08-01-2009, 12:33 PM
It was probably time consuming because I was running a nation. If I just participated in a nation it wouldn't be really. xD

Right you are! Nobody has to be online at all times to get the effect of Eizon. Just peek in and contribute when you get the time. No big deal. And there are a lot more things you can do that don't require a lot of activity such as writing stories based in the world we come up with or making up descriptions of people, places, or creatures.

oddler, I support your effort to revive this project. Though, I want to ask if you plan on starting anew or something? I think it would be nice if we could start all over from the beginning, rename the landscapes and continents, etc. Just an idea you should consider about.

Yes, this will be completely independent of the earlier ones. The entire world is at our fingertips, literally and metaphorically. I totally plan on starting fresh with no strings attached. I already have many ideas lined up but if things don't follow through that way, then it won't hurt my feelings. We'll just adapt and make Eizon what we want to make it.

It was fun but I agree it was time consuming. That's why I just joined jojo's rather than making my own.

Possibly less of the statistics. Yes there are a lot of math nuts on here but there are a lot of... not math nuts?

Rather than it being "You have x amount of y and if you apply z amount of w then you etc etc" That was boring and just lost the creativity of it. It made it too technical. Funsucker me thinks!

I'm a math nut! xD I'm really big into the whole city management theme but, like I said, no one really even has to do that if they don't want to do it. Also, on that last note, if people do want to manage a city or location, it will be much less painful. It'll be more along the lines of, "People demand more businesses, crime is skyrocketing, your citizens love the new dance hall that Jojee built." And then you would just have to make decisions on what to do next. No need to worry about having the calculations spread out in front of you. Creativity is definitely the thing that makes this fun so I don't want to smother that.

Is it terrible that I wanted to get involved?

I'm marking you down! No choice now. Get writing. :)

I like creating things and stuff so I'd do it, but The Space Pope is a very busy creature so it does not know whether or not it will be able to participate fully or not. Also The Space Pope is extremely lazy, hateful, and uncaring, yet likes writing and creative projects so who knows.

Again, being busy isn't really an excuse you can use on this. It'll be open-ended and won't have time restrictions so you can add and put in your two cents when you have the chance. If you're on EoFF, then take about 3 minutes and peek into the Eizon section and see if your creative muscle starts twitching. If it does, then use it!

I'm marking all of you down as interested, so there. :choc2:

Timekeeper
08-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I have no idea what this will entail for me, but it sounds interesting.
Therefore I am indeed interested.

Jiro
08-01-2009, 01:59 PM
We attempted something like this at school once, so I'm sure he's got enough experience to be useful.

Shauna
08-01-2009, 02:18 PM
I believe I wanted to get involved with this before, but then never had the time. So, yeah, I am interested here.

oddler
08-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Alright, sweet. Both of you are on the list, then.

I highly encourage everyone who enjoys writing, roleplaying, art, even music to take part in this. And a quick note, even if you don't sign up to participate now, you can still feel free to join in at a later time if you want. I think as soon as I get with the staff and have a little subforum made, we can get the ball rolling on this.

08-01-2009, 10:40 PM
I like the idea of building a nation.
I'm in.

The Space Pope
08-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Again, being busy isn't really an excuse you can use on this. It'll be open-ended and won't have time restrictions so you can add and put in your two cents when you have the chance. If you're on EoFF, then take about 3 minutes and peek into the Eizon section and see if your creative muscle starts twitching. If it does, then use it!Well I meant busy as in sometimes I have no internet access for days or even weeks at a time due to unicorn stuff.

But yeah I'd be willing to pitch in, I actually have some experience with this sort of thing (well not on forums though) :moomba:

Freya
08-01-2009, 10:50 PM
But yeah I'd be willing to pitch in, I actually have some experience with this sort of thing (well not on forums though) :moomba:

D&Der huh.

Peegee
08-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Is pokemon RPing in or out? I can adapt it so that my pikachu is like my power animal companion? Yes?

The Space Pope
08-01-2009, 11:25 PM

D&Der huh.
Never played it actually

Ouch!
08-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Void, Chaos is the Key, and I had made the decision to end Eizon and restructure it because the way Void had it organized was somewhat difficult to manage for not only those participating, but also those moderating.

Unfortunately, efforts to reformat fell to the wayside for a number of reasons (not sure what they were for Void--I believe he was designing a table-top game based on anime--or Chaos, but I know I rejoined FFXI and that sucked up all the time I was spending in Eizon).

A return of the von Ouches would be interesting, but I don't think I can be anywhere near as active this time around as I was the last. Whether or not I participate really depends on what direction you choose to take it. Open-ended development is great, but it's also ultimately what was the demise of Eizon. However, putting that kind of power in the hands of the players instead of making it the responsibility of whoever is running the event is significantly more difficult.

Freya
08-02-2009, 02:05 AM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/sukifruit/kc.gif

Omg that was like what, 2 yrs ago xD I forgot about our awesome dance off!

oddler
08-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Is pokemon RPing in or out? I can adapt it so that my pikachu is like my power animal companion? Yes?

Pokemon, in particular... not so much? I'd rather you create an original pet to accompany you. But yeah, the whole basis around the world will most likely be a melting pot of Final Fantasy themes so the job Beastmaster would fit you perfectly! :choc2:

Void, Chaos is the Key, and I had made the decision to end Eizon and restructure it because the way Void had it organized was somewhat difficult to manage for not only those participating, but also those moderating...

A return of the von Ouches would be interesting, but I don't think I can be anywhere near as active this time around as I was the last. Whether or not I participate really depends on what direction you choose to take it. Open-ended development is great, but it's also ultimately what was the demise of Eizon. However, putting that kind of power in the hands of the players instead of making it the responsibility of whoever is running the event is significantly more difficult.

The difficulty in management came from, in my opinion, the significant breakdowns of how everything worked, i.e. formulas and calculations. With so much mathematical logic behind everything, I agree that it is difficult for almost anyone to keep up and stay interested. (That was one of my favorite parts, though. :p)

What I mean by open-ended development is that members can submit their ideas into the world. In the end, not every single detail will fall into place because things will contradict each other eventually as more ideas are submitted. That's what I'll be there for; to "referee" and make sure things fit without totally overpowering someone or someplace, some creature, or anything else. I think it'll be a lot easier than keeping track of everyone's minute management details (which I'll still be doing partially anyway).

Short version, definitely pop in sometime if you have ideas you want to share, Ouch!.

The Space Pope
08-05-2009, 03:14 AM
I made a few crappy maps in MS Paint if anyone could use them

Agent Proto
08-05-2009, 04:17 AM
So, when are we starting this?

oddler
08-05-2009, 04:36 AM
I tried to get the staff to make a subforum for Eizon and shiz but it hasn't happened yet. You can come up with ideas any time but let's wait until we get a place to put them before we start submitting. I'll have to redouble my efforts and go for the throat. :choc2:

Jiro
08-05-2009, 04:41 AM
My second ever post was asking to join a country in Eizon. My point is this - Eizon will attract newbies. Use that on those staffers, it should work!

oddler
08-05-2009, 05:07 AM
Then you are so on the list. :love:

Edit: Permission to launch has been accepted and I'm ironing out the details now. Expect an opening launch soonish. :choc2:

Aerith's Knight
08-05-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm always interested in this kind of stuff, but I don't know if I'll have the time. At least interested.

oddler
08-06-2009, 09:20 PM
We're ready to get started! Follow the link to get into the subforum for now. It's not yet visible on the forum index but will be soon inside the Writers' Corner beside the Roleplaying Forum. :choc2:

Eizon: Rediscovery (http://forums.eyesonff.com/eizon-rediscovery/)

Rocket Edge
08-07-2009, 01:50 AM
I'm in for this. I'm also with Proto that we start anew, as I have no idea what's going on.

The Space Pope
08-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Same, I didn't spend 10 minutes in MS Paint drawing my country for nothing! *shakes hoof*

oddler
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM
New ideas are very, very welcome. If anything, we'll use the previous Eizons as a foundation and change things to our liking along the way. Old is good. New is different. When you put the two together you get Captain Planet amazing results.