PDA

View Full Version : Good/Bad English Voices

felfenix
08-01-2009, 12:19 AM
So which voices do you think they did a great job on, and which do you think were a disappointment? IMO...

Good:

Firion
Cloud of Darkness
Mateus
Golbez

Bad:

Garland
Terra
Exdeath
Kefka

The ones I put down as bad, I didn't really like in Japanese either. I'm kind of indifferent to the voices I didn't mention.

Crimson
08-01-2009, 12:25 AM
So which voices do you think they did a great job on, and which do you think were a disappointment? IMO...

Good:

Firion
Cloud of Darkness
Mateus
Golbez

Bad:

Garland
Terra
Exdeath
Kefka

The ones I put down as bad, I didn't really like in Japanese either. I'm kind of indifferent to the voices I didn't mention.

Your good list is awesome, your bad list sucks.

Garland is CHRISTOPHER SABAT for god sake, terra was fitting, Exdeath again, not the best but still pretty damn good, and Kefka was excellent.

Skyblade
08-01-2009, 06:01 AM
So far I haven't heard any bad english voices, though I admit I haven't heard all of them yet, only the characters in the demo.

paxx0r
08-05-2009, 02:37 AM
So far I haven't heard any bad english voices, though I admit I haven't heard all of them yet, only the characters in the demo.

Everyweek, IGN and Gamespy release videos of the Heroes and Villains, respectively. You can hear the english voices there.

Anyway, I really like Garland, Bartz, Firion, and WoL's voices. All the others are just pretty average for me (none of them seem really bad).

Wolf Kanno
08-05-2009, 06:27 AM
I've only listened to a few so far. I'm still not happy with Cloud's VA. Some of his attack cries almost sound bored. Squall's is good, I actually like Zidane's since I never liked his Japanese counterpart. I like Kefka, its not what I would have done but its better than I thought it was going to be. I don't like Terra's sounds a wee bit too chipper and optimistic for the character. I like CoD's but I hate the Onion Knight. Sephiroth's is good.

I still need to hear the rest, I'm mostly concerned about how Kuja came out as he was the other one I felt could easily be screwed up.

Zeromus
08-30-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm SO dissapointed about Kuja's english voice >=(
They really KILLED the character...
I hate when he says "Here comes the Finale" on his Ex burst D: ...It's so... I don't find the right word... D: ...so pathetic D:!
That voice actor killed all the poetry, the arrogance and the sensuality of Kuja D: ...

I'm so angry about it >=( ...

And what is worst is that they condemned Kuja with this... cause if they make some game or movie (lol, i don't think so, but I say it anyways... movie...xD) in the future, is obvious that Kuja will have the same voice actor ¬¬' ...

How could they Kill one of the best villains =( ...It's not Kuja, it's like a Goblin or some stupid low level rat talking >=( ...

='(

If I could make a complaint to Square about Kuja's death, I would do it xD...
It's so sad :cry:

JKTrix
08-30-2009, 01:50 AM
I really wish I could play it with the Japanese voices, because that was the biggest draw for me originally--all my anime voice actors playing roles in the game. Don't care much for the Final Fantasy Characters, just wanted my seiyuu :P

I haven't noticed any particularly bad performances, but I always laugh when I hear Johnny Yong Bosch (Firion in Dissidia) in an anime or game.

NeoCracker
08-30-2009, 02:07 AM
Kuja wasn't killed by the VA, from what little I've seen, he was killed by Dialogue. He comes across as a freaking Zidane obsessed Prissy Boy.

Mind you, I've only come across Kuja in part of Squalls story, which is one scene. So I can't gauge much on, but here are my thoughts. Alright, he fights squall, hoping to his Zidane's 'Friend' as bait, though when Sqaull wins the fight, he determines Kuja is fairly weak. Kuja says he was just giving up on Squall, for Zidane wouldn't chase after him. If he's right, he just comes across as pathetic and stupid. If Squall was right, he comes across as Pathetic, stupid, AND weak. There isnt' really much hope for Kuja appealing to me in this game. :(

Zeromus_X
08-30-2009, 03:22 AM
I don't see any problems with any of the characters' voices; they all fit the characters pretty well.

The only issue I had was with Cloud's voice actor, during some lines in the story he'd pause for a second before continuing his sentence, it sounds really odd. He also sounds fairly monotone which is a shame since Steve Burton fits Cloud really well and can do a lot better; guess they didn't pay him enough or something lol.

Crimson
08-30-2009, 03:27 AM
I don't see any problems with any of the characters' voices; they all fit the characters pretty well.

The only issue I had was with Cloud's voice actor, during some lines in the story he'd pause for a second before continuing his sentence, it sounds really odd. He also sounds fairly monotone which is a shame since Steve Burton fits Cloud really well and can do a lot better; guess they didn't pay him enough or something lol.

You can probably thank Kingdom Hearts for that, it was Burtons first role as Cloud, and because Nomura loves making every FF male a total shut-in, Burton probably just adapted that way of speaking for Cloud.

Wolf Kanno
08-30-2009, 05:47 AM
I'll second Cloud's VA not doing a very good job for this game. He sounds so bored and monotone, even when he's using attacks. I've been very happy with all of the villains except for maybe the CoD as she sometimes sounds like she's doing a cold read of the script. I also laugh when I hear Johnny Yong Bosch as Firion cause I keep thinking "oh crap Vash the Stampede is here!" I also laugh when I hear Kefka's VA cause he played Allen in Xenosaga and also plays Kakashi in Naruto, not to mention he's the narrator for most of those Japanese obstacle course shows. :D

Kuja's voice is rather fitting and though the scene with Squall was pretty bad, the fact Kuja is a broken SOB sorta makes up for it... Remember they are basing some parts of the story on minor parts, I mean Golbez was a nice guy for like two minutes of IV's plot and yet they went with that part of him to portray the character when he was a major asshole for the majority of IV's plot. Kuja also had a point in IX's plot he became obsessed with proving he's better than Zidane since Zidane was created to replace him.

Terra's voice works for me sometimes and other times I feel she sounds a bit too cheerful. She's just not melancholic enough for me sometimes but she has grown on me. Zidane's voice also grew on me. I'm also embarrassed to learn that I've been mispronouncing Zidane and Ultimacia's names. :sweatdrop:

NeoCracker
08-30-2009, 06:03 AM
He wants to prove he was better then Zidane yes, but he never, at any point in FF IX, sounded anywhere near that obsessed with him.

Or that stupid.

...And lets not forget pathetic.

Edit: Theres also a scene you get with Kuja upon finishing Firions Story, albeit its not related really.

I swear, they are doing everything they can to make Kuja look stupid, like stupid in the head.

Garland seems to tell Kuja he's outsmarting himself, and Kuja gets all pissy. I mean really, WTF?

Wolf Kanno
08-30-2009, 06:27 AM
I really don't see Kuja being too out of character really. Maybe its just me. He always seemed flamboyant and intolerable of criticism. I still don't see how he's stupid. :confused:

Masamunemaster
08-30-2009, 06:51 AM
I bet you loved Ulti telling him her mind lol

I was kinda hoping they would use some voices we already know are good...like FF:ACs sephy and cloud, squall seems good to me, onion knight and zidane they did a good job making them still sound younger lol, and tidus.....anything other than what they used in the game is ok by me

CoDs just doesnt seem to fit it to me idk why though the Emp is good...I thought they would use some 9yr old girl for him like they usually do, Kefkas keeps the insanity thing going from my POV

Crimson
08-30-2009, 03:07 PM
I bet you loved Ulti telling him her mind lol

I was kinda hoping they would use some voices we already know are good...like FF:ACs sephy and cloud, squall seems good to me, onion knight and zidane they did a good job making them still sound younger lol, and tidus.....anything other than what they used in the game is ok by me

CoDs just doesnt seem to fit it to me idk why though the Emp is good...I thought they would use some 9yr old girl for him like they usually do, Kefkas keeps the insanity thing going from my POV

Anyone wanna tell him or should I?

sdm42393
08-30-2009, 07:16 PM
As far as characters sounding bored and monotone I think Cosmos takes the cake. And finding out her VA also voices Ash Ketchum makes me laugh. :D

Zeromus_X
08-30-2009, 07:39 PM
I also laugh when I hear Kefka's VA cause he played Allen in Xenosaga and also plays Kakashi in Naruto, not to mention he's the narrator for most of those Japanese obstacle course shows. :D

Kefka's VA also voices Cliff from Star Ocean 3 and Teddie from Persona 4, which is fairly entertaining to think about.

Crimson
08-30-2009, 09:59 PM
As far as characters sounding bored and monotone I think Cosmos takes the cake. And finding out her VA also voices Ash Ketchum makes me laugh. :D

This potentially means that WoL = Pikachu.

I just blew all your Cloud = Pikachu theories away.

NeoCracker
08-30-2009, 10:56 PM
I really don't see Kuja being too out of character really. Maybe its just me. He always seemed flamboyant and intolerable of criticism. I still don't see how he's stupid. :confused:

He doesn't like Criticism no, but in IX he was usually able to keep his cool. Like all the time he spent with Barne. Regardless of how much he hated her, he never showed it while in the pressence of the Bermucian people.

Now, he gets wound up whenever somethings said about him. And as for him being stupid in Dissidia?

"Oh, you're just his 'friend'. Zidane would NEVER chase after you. Why, that is totally not something he would EVER do."

Again, it's either that, or he was lying cause he couldn't beat squall, so he made up an excuse. That jis just something else out of character for Kuja. Look at him in FF IX. He knew he coudln't beat Garland on his own, so he tryed to ensare the EIdalions. When those plans failed, he took in the souls of the Iifa tree and obtained Trance. He didn't make up an excuse, he came up with a way.

McLovin'
08-31-2009, 02:39 AM
Kuja's voice isn't how I expected it to be. I imagined him to have a more suave, nonchalant attitude. But I think it's more his dialogue than the voice actor.

Wolf Kanno
08-31-2009, 04:53 PM

He doesn't like Criticism no, but in IX he was usually able to keep his cool. Like all the time he spent with Barne. Regardless of how much he hated her, he never showed it while in the pressence of the Bermucian people.

Now, he gets wound up whenever somethings said about him. And as for him being stupid in Dissidia?

"Oh, you're just his 'friend'. Zidane would NEVER chase after you. Why, that is totally not something he would EVER do."

Again, it's either that, or he was lying cause he couldn't beat squall, so he made up an excuse. That jis just something else out of character for Kuja. Look at him in FF IX. He knew he coudln't beat Garland on his own, so he tryed to ensare the EIdalions. When those plans failed, he took in the souls of the Iifa tree and obtained Trance. He didn't make up an excuse, he came up with a way.

Yeah, but once you see the whole of the Odyssey chapters, you learn that Ultimacia and Garland are spurring him on and are aware of his Genome heritage which is something Kuja really despises and gets flustered about. Yes he's making excuses but I don't feel its terribly out of character, considering the part where Kuja was "aloof and cool" about everything was during the part of the game where he's manipulating behind the shadows and not being center stage. Besides, he has been making off color statement about all the villains. I can see Kuja caring about Zidane cause unlike other characters, his relationship and jealousy of Zidane is a core part of his story. I think Ex-Death is more out of character than Kuja.

Kuja also did throw a a bit of hissy fit when Garland retook the Invincible and used it to destroy Alexander. I also remember him getting really annoyed about Zidane being able to use Trance yet he couldn't.

Another thing to remember is that most of the villains are a little off. I mean Ex-Death suddenly gives a damn about Bartz and is also obsessed with crushing him? Golbez and Cecil's relationship is sorta reversed, Golbez was the one trying to get Cecil's acknowledgment in IV and instead its Cecil following Golbez like a sheep for some odd reason. Even Ultimecia is half respectable as a villain? WTF?

Most of the villains seem off.. but I also feel most are close to character as well. We're trying to establish emotional relationships without the 40+ hour backstory building it up. Liberties are going to be taken. Besides, its not like Dissidia is canonical :roll2

NeoCracker
08-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah, but once you see the whole of the Odyssey chapters, you learn that Ultimacia and Garland are spurring him on and are aware of his Genome heritage which is something Kuja really despises and gets flustered about. Yes he's making excuses but I don't feel its terribly out of character, considering the part where Kuja was "aloof and cool" about everything was during the part of the game where he's manipulating behind the shadows and not being center stage. Besides, he has been making off color statement about all the villains. I can see Kuja caring about Zidane cause unlike other characters, his relationship and jealousy of Zidane is a core part of his story. I think Ex-Death is more out of character than Kuja.

Kuja also did throw a a bit of hissy fit when Garland retook the Invincible and used it to destroy Alexander. I also remember him getting really annoyed about Zidane being able to use Trance yet he couldn't.

Another thing to remember is that most of the villains are a little off. I mean Ex-Death suddenly gives a damn about Bartz and is also obsessed with crushing him? Golbez and Cecil's relationship is sorta reversed, Golbez was the one trying to get Cecil's acknowledgment in IV and instead its Cecil following Golbez like a sheep for some odd reason. Even Ultimecia is half respectable as a villain? WTF?

Most of the villains seem off.. but I also feel most are close to character as well. We're trying to establish emotional relationships without the 40+ hour backstory building it up. Liberties are going to be taken. Besides, its not like Dissidia is canonical :roll2

Kuja was pissed Garland retook the invincible yes. But he didn't throw a hissy fit, spurring him to do stupid things. He instead formulated a new plan, which involved chasing down Eiko and attempting to draw her Eidolons. True, he was impatient and started loosing his cool, but at the same time he was still level headed enough to not just rush into action recklessly.

Really, the only time he does anything like that is after obtaining trance, and Garland made him realize that no matter what he did, he was going to fade away from this world soon, so all he strived to accomplish and prove would be for naught. It took something that colossal to be able to spur him to do something stupid and break him.

Not commenting on Zidane.

ANd if you want to get more into the oddity of his current character, he is capable of Trance in Dissidia. With that power, he's not really showing a reason to be jealous of Zidane anymore, but gameplay mechanics asside, he doesn't come across as Jealous in this game anyway. Simply obsessed, kind of like the blond dude with the Invisible Sword thingy from Black Cat, obsessed with Train.

At no point in FF IX did it seem so easy to spurr him to do things simply by provoking him. Even after he takes center stage and you leave Mist Continent, he stilll keeps his cool attitude, and is still controlling and manipulating others. Like the Black Mages.

And again, I too see Kuja caring about Zidane, but he's like a damned lost puppy at this point. He was always jealous and wanted to surpasss Zidane, not some obsessed fan girl, for lack of a better word.

And as for Ex-Death.
And as for Ex-death, when did he give a damn about Bartz? When he let Bartz go during his escape? That wasn't even for Bartz's benefit, it was to lure Zidane into a trap, not out of care of Bartz.

Also, the Ex-Death we see in this game seems more like Neo-Exdeath, but I digress.

And on the note of Golbez. We really don't know a whole lot about Golbez's Character in all honesty. The Majority of FF IV he's under Zeromus's control. Those brief moments he is a nice guy are really the only moments you get to know him. They had to basically build up most of his current pursonality from scratch.

Wolf Kanno
09-01-2009, 05:34 AM
In Bartz story we have two different sets of villains trying to get rid of him and both decide mention Ex-Death would be more than happy to do it.

As for Kuja getting flustered, lets face it, he's against nine other badass villains and all their physics actually work the same so no more planet destroying Ultima for Kuja. He can't scheme to get better. As for the obsession with Zidane, course he would still have it. Zidane was his replacement, we're talking about the guy who decided the world can't go on without him. I can see him still wanting to prove he's better.

Golbez's plot is kinda out of place cause even though we're focusing on a small part of his character from the game, as I mentioned, the roles are kinda reversed. Cecil never gave the whole "Dear brother" spiel in IV he spent the majority of the aftermath of that plot twist deciding whether he could forgive him or not. Granted things are totally different in this story world but since there is nothing to gain than victory why worry about the villains trying to come up with some magical McGuffin so they can fight over it and rule/destroy world. I mean, most of Kuja's motivation is gone now except for beating Zidane and proving he''s better than the other heroes who look down on him.

I still don't find Kuja terribly out of character since he's quite close to his end game self.

Skyblade
09-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Kuja still has the jealousy that he feels towards Zidane for living. Even in Dissidia, Kuja is a shell, a fragment. Doomed to a life that will be short and unfulfilled. Zidane was not only built to replace him, but Zidane would last while Kuja would fade.

Exdeath did not care for Bartz or have an obsession with destroying him specifically. Exdeath is referred to as being the most "appropriate" one to send after Bartz. Why is unknown, but there is no indication that Exdeath would enjoy it. He is one of the "destroyers", the villains intent merely on eradicating everything, like Cloud of Darkness.

Also, could we either get a new thread or change the name of this one? I was avoiding this one because I don't really care to argue about voice actors, but if I knew all the character discussions were going to be in here, I wouldn't have.

McLovin'
09-01-2009, 09:35 AM
The Kuja cast in the wonderful FF9 Actorman fandub on youtube is exactly how I would imagine Kuja. This one sounds childlike :(

ReloadPsi
09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I am helplessly in love with Kefka's voice and anybody who dislikes it is clearly just jealous of the voice actor's skill in delivering his lines.

Also the actor must definitely have watched the Janicon cosplay video. He can't not have seen it; they're so alike.

Incidentally I'm shocked that Squall is British.

Masamunemaster
09-01-2009, 09:51 AM
I am helplessly in love with Kefka's voice and anybody who dislikes it is clearly just jealous of the voice actor's skill in delivering his lines.

Also the actor must definitely have watched the Janicon cosplay video. He can't not have seen it; they're so alike.

haha my favorite line from him yet: "One of us is not serious." lol

Wolf Kanno
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Just start a new thread Skyblade and I'll move the appropriate posts to it. ;)

I also really like Kefka's VA. Overall, I'm really happy with all the villains though I am a bit disappointed they removed Gabranth's cool "Vader Helm" sound to his voice. I couldn't put my hand on what bugged me when I first heard him speak and that was it. The heroes VAs, not so much, but most of them are growing on me finally. I'd say the awkward part of the dialogue comes from the stiff character models. They sorta just stare off into space and remain expressionless in most of the non-action dialogue scenes. It gets creepy, especially in Cloud's cause it doesn't seem like he moves his neck and his monotone voice adds to the eeriness. Its even more awkward when you get someone lively like Bartz or Zidane. So far its my only technical complaint with the title.

I just wish I didn't have school and work going on at the same time cause I'm not able to put in the time I really want into this game.

Masamunemaster
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
ok I got bored and tired so I decided to look up the voices again(and I noticed on my 3rd playthrough that they did use FF:ACs VAs sorry)

WoL plays Izuru kira on Bleach(sounded familiar)
ok I knew firions did but I didnt think it was John Yong Bosch(for those who dont know he was adam in the first few seasons of the power rangers lol)
wow whats with the Bleach actors cause here is renjis as cecil...
yet again...squall is Ichimaru...

and Kefka was Yazoo???

Marshall Banana
09-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I'll reiterate what Jeremy said to me before: the Joker in The Dark Knight is a good example of who Kefka should sound and act like.

Not a screechy nerd.

Kefka sounds just like that *&^*&$%$*&^#*$^$# cosplayer.

NeoCracker
09-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I'll reiterate what Jeremy said to me before: the Joker in The Dark Knight is a good example of who Kefka should sound and act like.

Not a screechy nerd.

Kefka sounds just like that *&^*&$%$*&^#*$^$# cosplayer.

I would easily say he would have sounded a lot more like Mark Hamil as the Joker then Heath Ledger. No way could I hear Dark Knights Batman doing Kefka's signature laugh, something the animated series Joker could probably have pulled off better.

That asside, Kefka was wild, insane, and very over the top about it. A higher tone voice suites him perfectly. I still feel they could have done better, but it's an acceptable choice.

x~Agita~x
09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Steve Burton IS Cloud Strife 100%, I feel his voice shows every side of the character- the darkness in him and the innocence that's still there. A suitable age and capable of a wide range of temperaments without sounding too generic. I think his voice fits like a glove and I wouldn't choose any other.

SuperMillionaire
09-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Terra's voice actress, Natalie Lander, was a contestant on the TV show Legally Blonde the Musical: The Search for Elle Woods. She wound up finishing 5th place, and I think that if she couldn't get the role of Elle Woods, voicing Terra in Dissidia is a great consolation prize; she did a great job at voicing her, and after all, she's supposed to be blonde. Broadway-star-turned-voice-actress.

Zeromus
09-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Hey, did u like Chaos voice? I think is more "human" than what I expected, the jap one was more beast-like, but this is more human :S ...I don't know how to explain it...

About Kuja, maybe u guys are right... maybe is not just the voice actor who killed Kuja, but the dialogues too D: ...(Although I still think the voice actor s**** behemoth b**** ...) ...

I've been playing the entire game again, just to level up some chars I still don't get to lv100, and to get some treasures I didn't get the first run... and now I came aware that there is a lot of stupid dialogues... I don't want to think they tried to force some story in a fighting game... but that is what I feel... 'cause somehow the story and the dialogues are a lot more shallow and pointless than ever in a FF game!
I mean, for example, when Squall talks with cosmos and says he thinks he never cared at all... That could be true, but there was a whole game (FF8) to explain it, no need for Squall to say it now, it sounds emo D: ...
Or maybe the Bait thing, when Kuja wants to catch Squall as a bait for Zidane... D: There was no reason to say it D:! "Hey, I come here to get my bait for Zidane!", that's really pathetic and so uncool xD... He could go and catch a bait, but why telling him? It sounds stupid...
Or when Cloud asks for a reason to fight, and Cecil says he never thought about a reason to fight before... And I remember him in FF4 thinking about why fighting and killing the people of Myssidia for a crystal, and why the King of Baron fights and search the crystals, and maybe about why fighting his brother, and all that... D:
Or when Ultimecia starts a fight and says "I'm a witch who controls time" WTF?! We all know that D:! ...
I think there is a lot of unnecessary dialogues in the game, I think they really didn't work in the dialogues as they should, and that makes sad =( ...
Of course u don't need to agree with me, but that is what I think.

Anyways, there's a lot of good thinks in the game too =D... besides the awesome battles and the collections of items and the museum and all that...
I think Kefka's VA is great, it was kinda annoying for me first, but now I think is really good for Kefka, and I love Cloud of Darkness laugh when she casts her Aura Balls, is just awesome... Or Golbez voice when he jumps backwards in the air, is kinda sexy xD, well, Golbez VA has always been a great VA =)

(BTW, sorry if my english is bad xD, like some of you know, I'm latinamerican and I never took english class, I learned by playing RPGs since a short age xD, so sorry if I don't explain things very well =( ...)

Skyblade
09-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Every time I hear Chaos's voice, though, I think of Mass Effect...

Darkwolf090
09-10-2009, 06:48 AM
He was in Mass Effect also Halo.... He is the main Elite Arberter or w/e and is the Captain in Mass Effect. Might be why.
As my favorite VA is Golbez and he is a no body I love it lol

Crimson
09-10-2009, 10:27 AM
How could anyone NOT like Chaos's voice? It's freaking Goliath!

Zeromus
09-12-2009, 12:27 AM
I like Chaos voice, but I think is not for Chaos... =/
I would love to hear a more bestial voice for him, and not so human, as I said... But, is a nice voice, anyways...

RedPouch
12-19-2009, 07:35 PM
I ended up liking Zidane's voice a lot for whatever reason. Kefka's voice just cracks me up, but in a good way. Cloud's voice might be somewhat fitting for his character, but it's just a little too boring-sounding and it gets irritating. Sephiroth's monotonic/try-hard voice just sounds as stupidly irritating as his dialogue, and he reminds me too much of characters like Dias, Yurin, Chris, Metka, and like 20 other video game/anime characters that are of the archetype that they copied from for Sephiroth.

"Just-know-that-you-couldn't-get-the-crystal-without-my-guidance-and-I'll-always-pull-your-strings" <--- who cares, stop talking before I skip the damned cutscene.

Kuja has to be the most disappointing for me though. I was looking forward to his character so much, only to be bitterly disappointed with his annoying voice actor because he sounds a little too flamboyant in a way. Tidus wasn't as bad, but still bad enough along with the combined annoyance of poorly-written dialogue. Exdeath's voice was actually very fitting for the kind of character he is [but who the heck names a character Exdeath?], basically a really classic "muahaha" kinda villain. Overall, the villains did seem to have better voice actors than the good guys, and almost all characters of both sides share really poor starting-battle lines that you'd expect from one of those stupid DBZ-type shows.

One of these days I'll be able to write a post somewhere on these forums where I'm not complaining about something.
[!]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[/!][!]Session data[/!][!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/!]

sdm42393
12-20-2009, 12:36 AM
The Kuja cast in the wonderful FF9 Actorman fandub on youtube is exactly how I would imagine Kuja. This one sounds childlike :(

A tad off-topic, but the same guy does a remarkable job as Cloud.
YouTube - Full Dissidia Final Fantasy Full Character Demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIdjBnbn770)

arcanedude34
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Good:
Cloud of Darkness (though, with the somewhat accent, I felt it would fit Ultimecia better)
Cecil (Yuri Lowenthall actually gives a crap about his work, you can tell)
Tidus (ditto James Taylor Arnold)
Firion
Exdeath (GET THE FRUIT! MARBLES!)
Chaos

Bad:
Terra (the only voice I found to be BAD, not just unfitting. Someone put this poor dying VA out of her misery)
Shantotto (WOULD be good, except it's insanely distracting that she's the mom from My Life as a Teenage Robot)
Kefka (doesn't fit what I imagined Kefka as in FFVI, but then again, they just kinda messed him up in this game)
Kuja (see Kefka)

Yeah

RedPouch
12-22-2009, 02:51 PM
I'll have to disagree with this one. Kefka's voice couldn't be more fitting in my opinion. Based on what Amano seems to be trying to project [which seems to me a sort of "Final Fantasy" version of The Joker], I think both his script and voice actor suit the image and persona well.

Does anyone else feel that Kefka's voice actor didn't do him justice? I was actually pleasantly surprised when I heard Kefka's voice in Dissidia.
[!]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[/!][!]Session data[/!][!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/!]

arcanedude34
12-22-2009, 08:50 PM
I'll have to disagree with this one. Kefka's voice couldn't be more fitting in my opinion. Based on what Amano seems to be trying to project [which seems to me a sort of "Final Fantasy" version of The Joker], I think both his script and voice actor suit the image and persona well.

Does anyone else feel that Kefka's voice actor didn't do him justice? I was actually pleasantly surprised when I heard Kefka's voice in Dissidia.

I always liked the sinister side of Kefka more. I mean, he always has classically hilarious lines, but they pack more punch when not shouted out like some girl pretending to be some boy pretending to be Naruto.

black orb
12-23-2009, 05:08 AM
>>> I didnt like Cloud voice..:luca:
I hate his voice when he cast fire/fira/firaga..

arcanedude34
12-23-2009, 03:33 PM
>>> I didnt like Cloud voice..:luca:
I hate his voice when he cast fire/fira/firaga..

One thing about Cloud is that there is a noticeable change in the effort between games. Advent Children and Dissidia, bad. Crisis Core and the Kingdom Hearts series, pretty good.

Burn.

SuperMillionaire
01-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Cloud's voice was a bit higher-pitched than normal in Crisis Core, probably due to that fact that he was younger in that game compared to all of his other appearances.

Mercen-X
01-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Good:

Firion
Cloud of Darkness
Mateus
Golbez

Bad:

Garland
Terra
Exdeath
Kefka

Your good list is awesome, your bad list sucks.

Garland is CHRISTOPHER SABAT for god sake, terra was fitting, Exdeath again, not the best but still pretty damn good, and Kefka was excellent.Haven't heard Cloud of Darkness yet, but in general, I find the cast fits well. GARLAND you green bastard! Die Nameckian scum. Wait! Wrong guy.
I expected Kefka Palazzo to sound like an Italian Joker/Sweettooth. I think it was well done.

the sensuality of Kuja

And what is worst is that they condemned Kuja with this... cause if they make some game or movie (lol, i don't think so, but I say it anyways...) in the future, is obvious that Kuja will have the same voice actor.Aw, they misrepresented the girlymon of your dreams?

Anyway, they've not completely condemned a possible movie form of Kuja if they decide on Live-action, 'cause most likely the VA doesn't look at all like Kuja.

Mind you, I've only come across Kuja in part of Squalls story, which is one scene. So I can't gauge much on, but here are my thoughts. Alright, he fights squall, hoping to his Zidane's 'Friend' as bait, though when Sqaull wins the fight, he determines Kuja is fairly weak. Kuja says he was just giving up on Squall, for Zidane wouldn't chase after him. If he's right, he just comes across as pathetic and stupid. If Squall was right, he comes across as Pathetic, stupid, AND weak. There isnt' really much hope for Kuja appealing to me in this game.Ditto about Squall's story. PWNED.

I also laugh when I hear Kefka's VA 'cause he played Allen in Xenosaga and also plays Kakashi in Naruto, not to mention he's the narrator for most of those Japanese obstacle course shows. :D

Kefka's VA also voices Cliff from Star Ocean 3 and Teddie from Persona 4, which is fairly entertaining to think about.
Japanese version? I cannot imagine this insane clown as Cliff. Although, I could kind of see him as Kakashi. He's a dork as it is.

SuperMillionaire
01-26-2010, 08:26 PM
The only voice I think is really annoying is Kuja. And not just his voice; EVERYTHING about him really bothers me.

RedPouch
02-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Kuja's voice actor destroyed his character.

SuperMillionaire
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
The character itself also annoys me.

Sephiroth
02-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Very good:

Terra - very good for this shy character who is not sure of herself
Garland - Vegeta as Garland? WOW
Golbez - his japanese Crisis Core Doctor Hollander voice is better but I did already like the english voice in the DS version
Kefka - perfect, just perfect
Sephiroth - I love his original Sephiroth emotionless speech even though Toshiyuki Morikawa is better

Not so good:

Kuja - What the heck is that? Take GENESIS' voice for Kuja but not Yazoo's!

Pure Aerisbeauty7
02-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Good:

Terra
Cloud
Squall
Tidus
Warrior of Light
Kefka

Bad:

Chaos
Cosmos
Shantotto(I liked the voice but felt that this voice style shouldn't have been used for her)

SuperMillionaire
02-02-2010, 05:34 PM

This potentially means that WoL = Pikachu.

I just blew all your Cloud = Pikachu theories away.

"Pikachu, I choose you!"

LOL.

To me, there are ten heroes and 12 villains; Shantotto, to me, is a villain. Everybody's voices are great EXCEPT Kuja.

Mercen-X
02-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Still haven't met Gabranth or Shantotto so can't comment, but I've finally heard at least a bit from Exdeath and yeah... mleh. It could've been better.

SuperMillionaire
02-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Look them up on YouTube, Mercen-X.