PDA

View Full Version : Clothing Brands!

Laddy
08-01-2009, 06:33 AM
What clothing brands do you LOOOOOOVE?

Hollister, Aero, Abercrombie, and American Eagle are sooooo played out. I'm a sucker for Express, Rue 21, Buckel, and PacSun!

Oh, and Banana Republic is nice when I have the $ to afford it, and Hot Topic is okiez if I need something to simply hang around it.

Oh, and Delia is ADORABLE for girls!!!!!!

What brands do you likies?

leader of mortals
08-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Umm.... Walmart

Freya
08-01-2009, 07:07 AM
I like american eagle and some of pacsun. Pretty much I buy where-ever I feel like. I'm not so much a namebrand person. I've come to find out the more expensive things like jeans DON'T fit better just cause they are more expensive.

I'd rather dish out $20 than $80. As long as it looks cute and I like it, what does it matter if it's not a namebrand =D

Markus. D
08-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Is Jayjays a brand?

and Bonds.

and yeah~

Shlup
08-01-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm all about American Eagle.

...Because I get a 40% discount.

Markus. D
08-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Threadless Clothing D;?

Fonzie
08-01-2009, 07:43 AM
I wear Hollister, AE, and Pac-Sun!

Meat Puppet
08-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Microsoft.

Yar
08-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Old Navy

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2009, 08:12 AM
I just go to Kohls or Target or Hot Topic or JC Penny's or something and grab whatever appeals to me. So I end up with a bunch of different brands xD

scrumpleberry
08-01-2009, 08:14 AM
I do like H&M stuff.

Aydin
08-01-2009, 08:15 AM
I get all of my clothes from Hot Topic. Everyone who shops else where is a prep!!! EWWW!

The Space Pope
08-01-2009, 08:28 AM
It makes me lose a bit of faith in the spirit of human individuality that people start/stop liking something simply because others do, which is part of the reason why I never bought into any sort of fashion trend or name brand. If I like it I like it, that simple.

Being a unicorn I have no need nor desire to wear clothing, but in my last human form I wore blue and black jeans, black boots and a t-shirt (usually with nothing written on it) and a black leather jacket. Doesn't matter the season either, I pretty much wore the same clothes year round, often without washing them.

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2009, 08:29 AM
I get all of my clothes from Hot Topic. Everyone who shops else where is a prep!!! EWWW!

We should paint our nails black and flip those preps off!

Fonzie
08-01-2009, 08:52 AM

I'm ashamed you live in my state! :mad2:

Laddy
08-01-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm not a prep! I'm scene.

/kidding

Shiny
08-01-2009, 09:00 AM
I usually try to veer away from buying things solely for the brand name, but there are a few brands that I tend to like. Some of the brands I can name off the top of my head are Wet Seal, PacSun, Baby Phat, RocaWear, Nike, and New York and Company. Though I've been known to shop at thrift stores and even a few illegal clothing stores in the past...

theundeadhero
08-01-2009, 09:03 AM
All my pants come from Pacsun because they are comfortable. The rest, wherever.

CimminyCricket
08-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I just go to Kohls or Target or Hot Topic or something and grab whatever appeals to me. So I end up with a bunch of different brands xD

Breine
08-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I buy the clothes I like.. I don't care about brands and such.

Old Manus
08-01-2009, 11:32 AM
So much for being a hippie and hating the corporate world, eh Laddy :rolleyes2

I buy my clothes from clothes shops. I don't give a monkeys whether it's made by some cool designer or whatnot, I just want to wear the damn thing.

Jiro
08-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Whatever looks good and feels good. I'm all for the cheaper stuff. I currently have a lot of stuff from Jacks Surfwear. By a lot I mean 4 items of clothing. Clothes are clothes, I don't care.

Markus. D
08-01-2009, 11:42 AM
I'd like to get into Gothic Attire... That stuff reaches into the hundreds/thousands though :(

Marshall Banana
08-01-2009, 12:48 PM
<a href="http://dodostyle.com/main/index.php" target="_blank">Dodostyle!</a>

I like some Delia's clothing, but even the small sizes are too big for me.

trancekuja
08-01-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't stick out with my clothing style,however pretty soon I'll be wearing original Rodarian branded clothes.

Rodarian
08-01-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't stick out with my clothing style,however pretty soon I'll be wearing original Rodarian branded clothes.

Tranc'd you're going to be on my special client's list once I get all the financial agreements into action...

I wear anything unique..Nothing totally outrageous but something definitively eye catching..

If you must know, I have three closests and a dresser squished with clothes on top of clothes..As for friends...

They are range from Gap to Free Nation, Bathing Ape to Diesels to Designer (moi) Original... In fact....

EVERYONE post up their favourite articles of clothing... Starting with me

My Streetwear Harajuku scene look , Note the sexy wrist bands I cried aloud with mirth and merriment

My Diesel grey jumper.

Original Shervani for Both m Bro and Myself for my sisters wedding....

My Original Tie and waist coat.

My Yellow and inner green tunic..Basket hat not included I cried aloud with mirth and merriment

Shauna
08-01-2009, 02:06 PM
I just buy whatever clothes I like. Don't really care about brands.

Rye
08-01-2009, 02:32 PM
For jeans, I'm forever a Pacsun girl. They just fit so well. I'm concerned for when I'm in England. Maybe I'll buy like, 6 pairs before I go.

I'm a big fan of Forever 21 and Heritage SOMENUMBERHERE for the cheaper stuff I buy, like sundresses and cardigans.

New York & Company is great for stuff I can wear to work, but is still cute enough to wear outside of it. Love the cardigans and dresses.

Express is WONDERFUL. Wonderful wonderful. I bought the most amazing turtleneck sweater there, and it was pretty cheap too. Though that turtleneck ripped because it was of thin soft material. :(

http://forums.eyesonff.com/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=813

RIP TURTLE NECK.

H&M is a bit of haystack because once and a while you find an amazing find, but mostly it's just stuff that's scratchy and has weird measurements.

I like Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch sweaters. Their camis are pretty, but they're not made for girls who've actually hit the point in puberty called hip development, so they look weird on me if they're worn with anything over it that shows a great deal of the cami as opposed to just layer.

I like stuff from Victoria's Secret. I only buy underwear and bras from Victoria's Secret now. There are no exceptions, because they all feel so nice on me. Underwear is one of those things that I just won't go cheap on.

Victoria's Secret Pink is also nice too. The sweatpants don't suit me as a style, but I like their jackets and t-shirts. They're selling cardigans now which made me cream myself.

Simply Vera Wang makes the nicest summer nightwear.

Incidently, The Gap doesn't have clothing I like very much, but they have the most amazing stuff for guys. I love the male models in The Gap and what they wear. Ohhhh, argyle sweaters! I loved making Hux go in there and being like "TRY THIS ON. :( :( :("

For shoes, I'll go DSW. That is the only discount store that's not a total mess and makes me want to throw up. It's clean, and neat, and well lit and the sales are always good. I once bought a pair of Guess wedges that were originally 100 dollars - for 15 DOLLARS. I recently bought a pair of Steve Madden suede boots there for only like, 40 or 50 dollars, when they were originally over 100, I think, because my roommate had bought them when they just came out.

I've found that I've learned to definitely pay extra for quality because I've always had a really difficult figure to dress (curvy hips, small waist, huge eyetie butt, smaller upperbody, but boobs that can be too big for some things - and I'm only 5'0"). I've been raised extremely frugal and I've tried shopping that way, but then I look like a weird little sad case. Anything cheap I buy, I usually have to get tailored.

Bags are the one thing I tend to go really funky and thrifty on. I've had and worn Coach bags, Louis Vuitton bags and all of that, but I've also worn those neat Andy Warhol tote bags (I love the one with the soup cans still a bunch), this really cool long bag shoulder bag that goes down to my knees from Tibet.

I found a place that does the most amazing knock-off bags, that everyone around me thinks they're real. They're pricy, but I'd rather pay $80 dollars for a knock-off that had everyone fooled, than $20 dollars for an embarassing knock-off, or $1500 for the original bag. :greenie:

Crimson
08-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Not too sure about brands but the only thing's i'll wear casually are nothing but black and the occasional dark red.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-01-2009, 04:04 PM
I look fantastic in anything so I'm not that bothered about branding. Infact in most instances I'm quite annoyed by some t-shirts, for example, that have nice designs that are ruined by a huge brand name across the chest and what not. That's not to say I wont wear branded clothes because I do just it doesn't really play that much of a factor in whether I purchase them or not.

One exception though; I have a boner for Adidas shoes.

Laddy
08-01-2009, 10:15 PM
For jeans, I'm forever a Pacsun girl. They just fit so well. I'm concerned for when I'm in England. Maybe I'll buy like, 6 pairs before I go.

I'm a big fan of Forever 21 and Heritage SOMENUMBERHERE for the cheaper stuff I buy, like sundresses and cardigans.

New York & Company is great for stuff I can wear to work, but is still cute enough to wear outside of it. Love the cardigans and dresses.

Express is WONDERFUL. Wonderful wonderful. I bought the most amazing turtleneck sweater there, and it was pretty cheap too. Though that turtleneck ripped because it was of thin soft material. :(

RIP TURTLE NECK.

H&M is a bit of haystack because once and a while you find an amazing find, but mostly it's just stuff that's scratchy and has weird measurements.

I like Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch sweaters. Their camis are pretty, but they're not made for girls who've actually hit the point in puberty called hip development, so they look weird on me if they're worn with anything over it that shows a great deal of the cami as opposed to just layer.

I like stuff from Victoria's Secret. I only buy underwear and bras from Victoria's Secret now. There are no exceptions, because they all feel so nice on me. Underwear is one of those things that I just won't go cheap on.

Victoria's Secret Pink is also nice too. The sweatpants don't suit me as a style, but I like their jackets and t-shirts. They're selling cardigans now which made me cream myself.

Incidently, The Gap doesn't have clothing I like very much, but they have the most amazing stuff for guys. I love the male models in The Gap and what they wear. Ohhhh, argyle sweaters! I loved making Hux go in there and being like "TRY THIS ON. :( :( :("

For shoes, I'll go DSW. That is the only discount store that's not a total mess and makes me want to throw up. It's clean, and neat, and well lit and the sales are always good. I once bought a pair of Guess wedges that were originally 100 dollars - for 15 DOLLARS. I recently bought a pair of Steve Madden suede boots there for only like, 40 or 50 dollars, when they were originally over 100, I think, because my roommate had bought them when they just came out.

I've found that I've learned to definitely pay extra for quality because I've always had a really difficult figure to dress (curvy hips, small waist, huge eyetie butt, smaller upperbody, but boobs that can be too big for some things - and I'm only 5'0"). I've been raised extremely frugal and I've tried shopping that way, but then I look like a weird little sad case. Anything cheap I buy, I usually have to get tailored.

Bags are the one thing I tend to go really funky and thrifty on. I've had and worn Coach bags, Louis Vuitton bags and all of that, but I've also worn those neat Andy Warhol tote bags (I love the one with the soup cans still a bunch), this really cool long bag shoulder bag that goes down to my knees from Tibet.

I found a place that does the most amazing knock-off bags, that everyone around me thinks they're real. They're pricy, but I'd rather pay $80 dollars for a knock-off that had everyone fooled, than $20 dollars for an embarassing knock-off, or $1500 for the original bag. :greenie:
Let's go shopping.

Xander
08-02-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm not a big designer label person but there are a few brands I like..
- David & Goliath, it's a fun brand that makes cute shirts and pyjamas and things, kinda expensive though so I don't get things often :x
- Surfy brands like Animal and Roxy. I just quite like surfy clothing because it is a bit of a dream of mine to live by the seaside and I like the bright and fun designs of that sort of clothing :3 Also I find the bags Animal makes are really good quality and always last me ages.
- For shoes I like anything fun but I do quite like Converse as they make bright, fun and comfy shoes :D

Darkswordofchaos
08-02-2009, 01:02 AM
I mostly wear Levi's in the pants department and i just get whatever shirts i like mostly from Hot Topic or a place like infinity's End

Rye
08-02-2009, 04:56 AM

RIP TURTLE NECK.

Let's go shopping.

I seriously feel like us going shopping would be the best thing in the world for us, and a disaster for the rest of the world. We'd be like Kelly in the Shoes video. xD

Shiny
08-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Oh, I forgot about DSW. They do have some nice shoes. I got my graduation shoes from there actually. Pretty decent sales.

Rye
08-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Every other discount store like TJ Maxx and Marshalls can burn up for all I care, but I need DSW forever.

The Space Pope
08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
FASHION BUG 4 LYF

Zeldy
08-02-2009, 08:38 PM
River Island, TopShop, Next, Republic (particularly SoulCal), New Look, Pull and Bear, Urban Outfitters, Schuh, Dorothy Perkins ...

Breine
08-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Urban outfitters is actually alright. I remember them having some stuff I liked when I went into one in New York.

Zeldy
08-02-2009, 08:47 PM
It's sooo expensive over here! I have a bag from there which cost about £30, and a scarf that cost me £20. Shocking!

Breine
08-02-2009, 08:51 PM
I don't remember anything about the prices. Although, I think I bought some really cool brick red shoes in there, and they weren't that expensive I don't think? I don't know. It is probably expensive in general there.

Zeldy
08-02-2009, 08:53 PM
It's obviously an American company so it was probably reasonable, wheras over here it's like ££££.

Rye
08-02-2009, 09:00 PM
No, Urban Outfitters is expensive here too. They have an branch company called Anthropologie that makes the cutest clothing and the shops are GORGEOUS and are set up like in a African archaeological sort of way, but they're even more ridiculously expensive than UO for clothes that are made of relatively cheap material. Their nice casual dresses are AT LEAST $100+ dollars. Usually closer to 300. :|

I am considering buying this dress though from their shop:

http://images.anthropologie.com/is/image/Anthropologie/933164_008_a?$redesign-product-zoom$

Laddy
08-03-2009, 05:47 PM
That dress is SOOOOO cute! =D

Rocket Edge
08-03-2009, 05:56 PM
River Island, Pull & Bear, and the best of all, TOPMAN!!

Shoeberto
08-03-2009, 06:30 PM
and even a few illegal clothing stores in the past...
Illegal clothing stores? Was it like some dude with a warddrobe in the trunk of his old Cadillac, parked in a back alley saying "C'mon mang, I got the panties that make you feel gooooooood"

I like clothes that balance the gap between cheap and fitting well. So Wal Mart etc. are out, because everything you get from there fits like :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Quite a bit of my clothes are from JC Penney's and Kohl's, though the last time I went to Old Navy they had a lot of stuff I was interested in. So I'll probably hit them up sometime soon.

Shiny
08-03-2009, 09:56 PM
and even a few illegal clothing stores in the past...
Illegal clothing stores? Was it like some dude with a warddrobe in the trunk of his old Cadillac, parked in a back alley saying "C'mon mang, I got the panties that make you feel gooooooood"

Hahaha, nah. There was this run down, abandoned building in NYC that had a smelly elevator shaft that went up to the top floor. The top floor is where the clothing stores were. There were a few rooms and halls that had clothes everywhere. They were all knock offs too. The day after I went there, the cops raided the place.

Darkswordofchaos
08-03-2009, 10:00 PM
^ guchi & gabanna

drotato
08-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Haha, Laddy, talking about clothes.
This is adorable. xDD

Laddy
08-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Whaaat. I can't help it I'm a queen. ^.^

*Omega Peach*
08-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Tokidoki, Abbey Dawn, Harajuku Lovers, Skelanimals, Mighty Fine, Loyal Army, DeLiA*s :peach:

and for jewelry Betsey Johnson, Claire's, Juicy Couture, Guess and Lucky Brand :D

:bigbiggri Anything from Hot Topic :bigbiggri <---Da peachiest store ever :kaohappy2

Darkswordofchaos
08-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Tokidoki, Abbey Dawn, Harajuku Lovers, Skelanimals, Mighty Fine, Loyal Army, DeLiA*s :peach:

:bigbiggri Anything from Hot Topic :bigbiggri <---Da peachiest store ever :kaohappy2

There are several stores in Charlotte NC called Infinity's End. They are even better than HT. it has all the things hot topic does plus more

Heath
08-03-2009, 11:50 PM
I don't particularly care who made the clothes as long as I like them. When I was looking for a pair of glasses that I was prepared to spend my tax refund on, I bought a pair by Gant. I wasn't even aware that they were a clothes manufacturer until several months later, which should give you an indication of how knowledgeable I am about fashion.

I buy a lot of clothes from Marks & Spencers, but only the cheaper stuff usually. As a result, I don't dress particularly young, but I hate a lot of popular fashion aimed at younger people and I'd rather wear something plain than something with some stupid slogan printed on it that is either just some made up vintage university 'OSAKA 1963' or whatever or is otherwise general idiocy. I saw a 15 year old wearing a t-shirt that said 'Who Shot J.R.?' on it a fortnight ago. He honestly didn't strike me as somebody who is a fan of Dallas. That said, I did buy a t-shirt from Next the other month (a rarity for me) that had the Atari logo on it, but that was mainly because I like the Atari logo. I'll buy stuff from Burton if I don't find it too overpriced. I have also bought a few things from John Lewis which I quite like, all of which have been on offer; I felt I should start shopping there to prepare me for a career in politics.

*Omega Peach*
08-03-2009, 11:54 PM

There are several stores in Charlotte NC called Infinity's End. They are even better than HT. it has all the things hot topic does plus more

ooooo I must explore this new territory!!! :peach:

Rodarian
08-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Rye you better buy that dress or else I shall shame you!!:kaofight2:

Rye
08-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Hee hee, I would, Rod, but it's expensive and I'm being lame and frugal. ;[

Harajuku Lovers is a cute line. I have a cardigan from that, it was on sale from $100 to something much cheaper, so I snagged it, but it doesn't really suit me. I might give it to Monda-chan, it'd look much cuter on her.

http://www.honcho-sfx.com/Images/Products/HL_planet_cardi_ft.jpg http://www.honcho-sfx.com/Images/Products/HL_planet_cardi_bk.jpg

Rodarian
08-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Hmmm remind me to put you o my clients list in the near future...

In fact it would be rather mighty uber cool if I had mail to order clothing line exclusively for you guys!

Speaking of which I've completed one menswear clothing..I'll put a pick of it soon.

That cardigan is mighty cute....It is sad that u may give it away! I say sell it..You get some money back off it !! *capitalism rules*

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-04-2009, 07:48 PM
I sorta hate clothes shopping. Less now than when I was child but yeah, I rather buy video games or books. When I do buy clothing, I go for something in a decent price range, that fits well and looks good. I usually drag a friend along as well. I love tee shirts~ Especially ones with neat patterns on them. :D

Simon's tends to have nice stuff though some of it is a bit pricey, so you have to watch out for that.

The Space Pope
08-04-2009, 08:18 PM
The only thing I've bought in the last two years was a jacket and some boots.

Oh, and a hat

*Omega Peach*
08-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Hee hee, I would, Rod, but it's expensive and I'm being lame and frugal. ;[

Harajuku Lovers is a cute line. I have a cardigan from that, it was on sale from $100 to something much cheaper, so I snagged it, but it doesn't really suit me. I might give it to Monda-chan, it'd look much cuter on her.

http://www.honcho-sfx.com/Images/Products/HL_planet_cardi_ft.jpg http://www.honcho-sfx.com/Images/Products/HL_planet_cardi_bk.jpg

Oh my peaches I simply ADORE Harajuku Lovers. Gwen Stefani is awesome!!! :kaohappy2

Peegee
08-07-2009, 04:50 AM
hai gaise if I warez clothes can I shot web?

Rodarian
08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
The only thing I've bought in the last two years was a jacket and some boots.

Oh, and a hat

You,Me and YOUR Creditcard

Its time you learn the finer things of clothing from us Humans