PDA

View Full Version : DS version script so good

eestlinc
08-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I just passed the first go round with Scarmiglione on Mt Ordeals. His new dialogue is sssso awesome. I can't wait to see what the rest of the elementals have to say.

Wolf Kanno
08-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I do find the script for the DS version to be extra nifty. I'm still amazed at how cool the whole "thought bubble" element that got introduced was. Its amazing how a few simple changes can really make a good game excellent. :cool:

Elpizo
08-02-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm probably the only one who was dissapointed by the DS version... Though I'll admit the script was okay, better than IV Advance. What I liked most about the DS remake was the DS version of the Fiend Battle music.

NeoCracker
08-03-2009, 12:13 AM
I wonder if V and VI DS will include the thought bubbles?

Wolf Kanno
08-03-2009, 05:05 AM
*still hopes for PSP remake of V and VI*

NeoCracker
08-03-2009, 05:36 AM
You're hopes shall soon be dashed Kanno. DASHED!

Wolf Kanno
08-03-2009, 05:43 AM
For all we know NC, they may decide not to bother with a remake of V and VI. They'll become the old school version of VII where there is always promise but no follow through. :mad2:

Evastio
08-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I found the DS Script to be good as well. Though there's some things I still prefer from the GBA Version:

Example:

Cecil (DS): Thanks Rosa, but I know what I've become. (sounds rather vague and not specific enough)

Cecil (GBA): Thanks Rosa, but as a Dark Knight you and I can never be together. (very straight to the point and it portrays Cecil's regret better)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-09-2009, 09:09 PM
The PlayStation script is still my favorite. It has wit and teeth but doesn't take itself too seriously, which is crucial for a game like FFIV, whose story is ultimately kind of dumb.

VeloZer0
08-10-2009, 12:54 AM
I still hope for a PSP port of IV, remakes of the others would just be extra awesome.

beema
08-25-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm curious about playing the remake. I've only ever played the SNES version (aka FFII) and despite the f'ed up translation, I found it rather endearing (you know, "spoony bard" and the like made for some memorable moments).

Crimson
08-25-2009, 09:45 AM
FFVI has to be the PSP.

From what I read, FFIV DS took up almost the entire Flash Card space, and FFVI is almost twice as long.

aquatius
08-25-2009, 12:41 PM
I always found Final Fantasy IV gratingly boring, but maybe the DS version is better.

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2009, 06:19 PM
I doubt it will change your mind. The story part is a little better fleshed out with a few cool tweaks to the game but if you didn't like the characters or story, I highly doubt the GBA or DS version will change your mind.

The gameplay is what really got a bit of an overhaul and while its not as deep as current games in the series, I feel the augment system really works for FFIV. :cool:

Rebellious Eagle
08-26-2009, 04:45 PM
I did like the DS script and the whole thought bubble thing, but I was sad that Edge's weird "peace out" line or whatever he said was left out.

eestlinc
09-08-2009, 05:55 AM
The PlayStation script is still my favorite. It has wit and teeth but doesn't take itself too seriously, which is crucial for a game like FFIV, whose story is ultimately kind of dumb.
That is the problem with ff4, isn't it?

I hope the Zeromus dialogue is still as "you the man of darkness" awesome as before. (taking my time to play through)

The Space Pope
09-18-2009, 02:07 PM
*still hopes for PSP remake of V and VI*
Oh don't worry, they're gonna milk the franchise for as long as they possibly can.