PDA

View Full Version : Devil Survivor

Vermachtnis
08-02-2009, 03:03 AM
Is anyone else playing?

The basic gist for those who haven't is: there was a black out and phones and stuff won't work. Demons are running wild. And the government put up a blockade for "gasleaks." Now everyone is trapped inside with demons; tensions are running high and food is running low.

To top it off the main character can see people's Death Clocks (No not the Metal Band). Except for his party and few others everyone inside the blockade has six days to live. Don't know what's going to happen then, just know we have to Survive.

Now the battle system is half sRPG and half normal turn based. You split into four teams comprised of a human and two demons. They're on a normal grid with the enemy teams visible. And you engage them and it switches to turn based.

And you don't recruit demons by chatting or drawing cards. You get them from an auction. Like Demonic eBay. And of course there's fusion. And one of the best fusions yet, you can actually pick the moves instead of cycling for hours on end.

And the music is awesome. I'm on Day 3 18:00 and fighting Beldr. His stage music is awesome. Just wish it didn't go back to the normal battle music when you engage his minions though.

Elly
08-02-2009, 02:32 PM
i absolutely love this game, it's the best SRPG i've ever played since Arc The Lad... after playing Final Fantasy Tactics i was completely turned off of SRPGs since that clusterfrack was considered by the mainstream to be the best SRPGs had to offer... i like that you used Moh Shuyuu for your avitar and sig, but my favorite demon is Pixie since she can heal her entire team in one shot...

Vermachtnis
08-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Yea Moh Shuvuu is my favorite demon. I love that noise she makes when she follows you in Devil Summoner. Sad I can't make her as awesome as I did though.

I finally beat that Beldr Day 3. I hate that guy, but it does raise the question on how the Hero fought with a Cell Phone strap. In the original myth they fashioned the mistletoe into a Spear, but I don't think they did that. I just pictured him throwing it at him.

But after that the :bou::bou::bou::bou: hits the fan in Day 4, huh? I just started and read the Laplace mail and all the following events.

I'm not a big fan of sRPG genre either. Disgaea is the only one that can hold my attention. That's cause almost all the attack are just over-the-top.

Zeromus_X
08-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I played it like crazy when it first came out; I really liked the story. Unfortunately I haven't played it in awhile, I really need to pick it up again and save it from becoming a part of my backlog.

I really like the way the skill system is set up, collecting skills with "cracking" is quite fun, I actually find grinding and gaining more skills to be quite fun in this game, the good music must be part of the reason. Even with regular leveling and fusing of demons, the game is still pretty challenging. I REALLY like just being able to pick skills to transfer in fusion now, one of the most annoying parts of the previous games was reshuffling the skills over and over again.

My favorite demon so far is probably Jack Frost, but I really hope Decarabia is in this game since he's my all-time favorite SMT demon.