PDA

View Full Version : One of those dumb topics...

LunarWeaver
08-02-2009, 03:26 AM
You can hang out with your younger self (like 10-12 age) for one day. What would you say? Advice? Warnings? Or would you be like Quin and just have sex with yourself?

Or perhaps an even scarier question is would your younger self approve of you.

Markus. D
08-02-2009, 03:30 AM
My younger self would be all "WTF? I hate vampires though" and "WTF! I don't have acne covering my face! noicenoice" and he'd probably be pissed at me for not playing video games :(...

rubah
08-02-2009, 03:51 AM
"Hey, loosen up a little"
"OMG NO YOU"RE A BAD INFLUENCE"

Darkswordofchaos
08-02-2009, 03:51 AM
id say ask out that girl when you get to 10th grade

The Space Pope
08-02-2009, 03:57 AM
I'd tell my 12 year old self that as bad as things are, you don't have to be a grown up just yet, at least not all the time. Take care of yourself but don't let your situation overwhelm you. It's not defeat or a sign of weakness when you ask for a helping hand, at least not always.

Momiji
08-02-2009, 03:58 AM
"Yeah, if you ever get an urge to start listening to whiny music, just punch yourself in the shins."

NeoCracker
08-02-2009, 04:04 AM
I would run far, far away.

I would hate myself severely. I would say why, but then you people would say 'So how are you any different now?" or something like that. :p

Also, I wouldn't want to risk changing who I am now. So it's best to NOT see myself.

However, if it would have no consequences, I would beat myself senseless.

Shoeberto
08-02-2009, 04:06 AM
I think my younger self would be pretty pleased to see where I am: I have a beautiful, geeky girlfriend, I do well in university in Computer Science, and I'm working a job working with 3D graphics and programming.

I'm not sure what advice I would give him. I guess I would say... that life is hard. And you're going to run into a lot of :bou::bou::bou::bou:. But if you work hard, and stay dedicated, you can make it through and be rewarded in spades. And that's just something that you have to take to heart and remember every time you think things are at their bleakest, because it's that shimmering ray of light in the dark that will keep you going.

Bunny
08-02-2009, 04:15 AM
A dozen girls will be seriously interested in you over the next couple of years. Have sex with all of them.

Rye
08-02-2009, 04:18 AM
I think my old self would really like my new self, but my old self is just embarrassing to me.

The Space Pope
08-02-2009, 04:24 AM
My old self would hate the fact that I have decided to become a transpecies individual

That and the fact that I don't care about anything because my last sparks of hope, kindness, and empathy burned out long ago.

*neigh*

Markus. D
08-02-2009, 04:49 AM
"Yeah, if you ever get an urge to start listening to whiny music, just punch yourself in the shins."

T_T;

You're saying that about ... about *faceslaps Momiji*

Nightmare of You is the most beautiful thing you've ever introduced me to. D;! I said they were whiny *facepalms*

Vermachtnis
08-02-2009, 04:52 AM
My younger self would be all, "Crap, I'm never growing up. I become a loud moron." And I'd push him down cause I'm bigger than him and I can.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-02-2009, 06:40 AM
I'd tell my younger self the numbers for last weeks Euromillions. £24 million and no one won. Then when I get back to the new time I've created through my meddling I should be a million. Or maybe I could do a Back to the Future II. Or something to that effect. Really I'd just be telling him in the future you'll be totally awesome and the only thing you'll lack is stupid amounts of money.

Momiji
08-02-2009, 06:42 AM

T_T;

You're saying that about ... about *faceslaps Momiji*

Nightmare of You is the most beautiful thing you've ever introduced me to. D;! I said they were whiny *facepalms*

I was referring more to stuff like MCR and Hawthorne Heights. Nightmare of You is still good. ;P

Lawr
08-02-2009, 06:53 AM
"Screw acne, man."

Freya
08-02-2009, 06:54 AM
I'd tell myself to focus on schoolwork cause it'll bite you in the ass in the future for being lazy with schoolwork. Also don't get engaged at 18 the guy is a jerk. Just save yourself the trouble and sadness of a tool fiance and just avoid cody at all costs.

Also, dress better and stop hanging out with the stoners/punks.

Dolentrean
08-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Me - "Hey"
Young me - "Ummm... Hey"
Me - "Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?"
Young me - "No, you did not"
Me - "Don't worry about it kid ... You'll get there." *Dramatically walk away yet pause thoughtfully and turn slowly, with the sun silhouetting me in a most dramatic fashion* "Hey... Good luck"

Yah... pretty cool, I know. Touching, yet simple, in an elegant kind of way. And the real kicker is... Does young me even know old me is me? Yah, its pretty deep, think about it.

Wolf Kanno
08-02-2009, 07:36 AM
I'd kick the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of my younger self. I don't think we would get along, he'd give me attitude and I'd have to smack him for it.

blackmage_nuke
08-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Younger: Get a haircut
Older: Stop being such an idiot

Markus. D
08-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Younger: Get a haircut
Older: Stop being such an idiot

HAH! :D!

Heath
08-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I'd probably tell myself to stop being so serious about things and be open to accepting people in spite of some stupid decisions they make. Otherwise I wouldn't change much at all as I really enjoyed my childhood on the whole.

Jiro
08-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I'd give my younger self a lot of advice on how to avoid that stupid little depressive stage I went through. I'd probably also tell my younger self that he's gay, so that he's confused about his sexuality for a while and doesn't get involved with girls until he's mentally able to function.

My younger self would approve, because I've turned out pretty good. However, he won't know about all the bad things ;D

Shiny
08-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I could tell myself that these are some of your worse years, but some of the best is yet to come. I could say that some things that may seem hard to solve now, will be easier to figure out later on. I could say that you (i.e. little me) will meet new people along the way that may try to dissuade you from accomplishing your goals, but to not allow this to keep you from trekking forward. I could say all of this, but at age 10-12, I didn't need this advice for it's something I've always known.

Raistlin
08-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I'd tell my younger self the numbers for last weeks Euromillions.

I was surprised it took over a dozen posts to get to the obvious answer. :p

Rantz
08-02-2009, 03:44 PM
July 9th, 2003, wait until dad goes to work. Then quickly, pack some essential stuff, take your sisters and brother and catch the bus to grandma. Ask her to let you stay with her for a couple of days—don't let her tell dad! Cut the telephone cord if you have to. Oh, and before you go, take your dad's belt and his gun (the drawer in his bedside table, the key is under his pillow) and dump them somewhere along the way.

Oh, and don't take guitar lessons. Just learn to use the internet properly and teach yourself.

Crimson
08-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I'd kick his/my ass because I made some really stupid choices in my younger days.

Xander
08-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Stop falling in love so easily! Advice - if you have never spoken to someone you probably do not love them! XD And if they ignore you unless they are drunk they do not like you, they are silly.

I kinda miss my younger self in a lot of ways though.

Jojee
08-02-2009, 06:38 PM
I'd tell myself to do what I really want to do. Enjoy life, don't worry so much about the future, and don't listen to other people. ~*~Follow UR HEART~!~*~ n_n

Also 12-year-old me, you have <i>got</i> to start paying attention to what you're wearing and stop letting your mom pick out your clothes. And ew, zits. And ew, do something with that hair. And get contacts.

Breine
08-02-2009, 06:47 PM
That's a good question.

I think I'd tell my 12 year old self to be more out-going and less shy.

EDIT: OMG XANDER!!!

Blue Harvest
08-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I'd inform my younger self of every bad decision I've made and how to avoid them. I'd also tell him to join EoFF as soon as it's made.

Meow
08-02-2009, 07:01 PM
this thread is like the deleted scenes from 17 Again

Psychotic
08-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Make sure you use the right cherries and don't say "Everybody says that", say "Thanks".

Vermachtnis
08-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I wonder if pushing my younger self will make me grow up into a different kind of an adult. And that adult me will beat up this me for pushing down the younger me. Or maybe because of that I'll grow up into a jackass and he'll both beat up the younger me. And then another me will show up and gun us all.