PDA

View Full Version : Am I okay?

redneckpride4ever
08-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Don't ask me why, but this FF sticks in my head more than any in the series, despite bad leveling and outdated story. Should I get my head examined.
I actually wanna play throuh the PSP version next month after I finish FF4: The After Years.

Wolf Kanno
08-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Go for it, screw the nay-sayers cause FFII was fun. It has some faults but if you look past them there is a wonderful game here. ;)

Momiji
08-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Just because I don't like FFVII doesn't mean other people can't like it. Same goes for FFII. You like what you like, so be happy that you do like it and stick with it! :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-03-2009, 07:43 AM
You know, I like the music, the world, and even the characters (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff2/characters.php), prototypical as they are. It could actually be one of my better-liked games in the series if not for that pesky battle system.

black orb
08-04-2009, 01:03 AM
Don't ask me why, but this FF sticks in my head more than any in the series, despite bad leveling and outdated story. Should I get my head examined..
>>> I know what you mean.
Right after FF1, FF2 is a game that screwed with my mind pretty badly.
I played/beat the FF origins version, I dont know if the NES version would have had that same effect on me too..

beema
08-25-2009, 07:45 AM
I like it better than FF1 or 3. The story is a little more advanced for its time (although the quests are a bit...random) in that it doesn't just center around the usual 4 crystals BS. There's the simplicity of not worrying about jobs, and the lack of a conventional leveling-up system is pretty negligible, as your character's stats seem to build at a normal rate anyways if you just play like you normally would (although having to level-up spells is a tad annoying, but at least it presents a bit of a challenge).