PDA

View Full Version : What's my age again?

Xander
08-02-2009, 10:18 PM
As I've been lurking a bit again, I thought I would make a topic! ;)

I've been thinking lately about the fact I've been getting.. OLD! ;_; and looking at my profile seeing I am now 24 is kind of weird still. I've even got to the stage where I nearly forget how old I am (23,24?) and have to ask my boyfriend to remind me XD

Just seems like it wasn't that long ago I was a teenager and to be honest, I still feel like one! xD Growing up is scary, especially with friends getting married and having kids. It's like..eek! I can't even imagine looking after a little person for at least 10 or 20 more years.
I still don't really think of myself as an 'adult'. I don't want to start dressing my age or acting it.. (luckily I can still wear what I like at my job) xD

ANYWAY the topic is.. do you feel 'grown up', especially if you're in your 20s? Do you feel excited about grown up responsible things or is it kinda scary? Do you still feel like a kid trapped in an increasingly grown up body? (yep) xD

Growing up is over-rated! :D

Fonzie
08-02-2009, 10:23 PM
inb4someonesaysMJ

I feel as though I'm getting old, but I just see it as an opportunity to do more things! :greenie:

krissy
08-02-2009, 10:26 PM
i'm sad about every minute that goes by in my life nearing me closer to death in which i am not yet a space ship pilot

Kirobaito
08-02-2009, 10:26 PM
I feel old sometimes, mainly because I think that my parents got married when they were 22.

I probably won't feel that way full-time until after I finish school.

The Space Pope
08-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Twenty something isn't very old no matter how you slice it, I think it's just the fact that people are generally at a turning point at that part of their lives and are faced with new challenges and decisions, like when a 17 year old thinks he's all grown up just because he can drive and see R-rated movies or whatever.

Raistlin
08-02-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't feel any different. And I'm not really concerned with being labeled as a kid or a "grown up." I don't feel particularly excited or afraid of further responsibilities; it's just what will happen.

Sometimes, though, I do feel old when I remember things from my childhood and realize how old something related to that is.

Rye
08-02-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm 19 and I enjoy it a bunch.

08-02-2009, 10:50 PM
I now feel very young.

Jojee
08-02-2009, 10:52 PM
I've been feeling this way for <i>ages</i>. I'm 22, but I'm still 12 on the inside. xD

Shlup
08-02-2009, 11:02 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/lease.png

Tavrobel
08-02-2009, 11:05 PM
I said I was the cops, her husband was in jail, this state looks down on sodomy.

I feel like I am, but am routinely told that I am not.

Raistlin
08-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I've been feeling this way for <i>ages</i>. I'm 22, but I'm still 12 on the inside. xD

And on the outside.

Xander
08-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Twenty something isn't very old no matter how you slice it, I think it's just the fact that people are generally at a turning point at that part of their lives and are faced with new challenges and decisions, like when a 17 year old thinks he's all grown up just because he can drive and see R-rated movies or whatever.

Yeah it's true. It's not so much that 20-something is OLD, it's just, being at the point when I've first been living in my own place for the past year, settled in a full time job, thinking about getting a pension.. XD

And as I say it seems to be the age when a lot of people around me and getting married and that kind of grown-up stuff that I can't even IMAGINE doing for a looong time. It's like the time when you finally start being independent and feel like 'hey..I'm growing up..make it stop!' for me anyway.

Shlup, I love that cartoon XD

I do get mistaken for a student a lot though, in shops, so that is good :D

Full time work *does* suck though. I want to get home at 3.30 and play Final Fantasy VII for hours. Those were the days!

The Space Pope
08-02-2009, 11:25 PM

Yeah it's true. It's not so much that 20-something is OLD, it's just, being at the point when I've first been living in my own place for the past year, settled in a full time job, thinking about getting a pension.. XD

And as I say it seems to be the age when a lot of people around me and getting married and that kind of grown-up stuff that I can't even IMAGINE doing for a looong time. It's like the time when you finally start being independent and feel like 'hey..I'm growing up..make it stop!' for me anyway.

Yeah, it's almost as if you're saying goodbye to a certain part of your life. But I think it also depends on how fast you had to grow up as well.

And yeah, getting your first apartment is a pretty big step so I can see how it'd make you look back to the days when you had to share a cramped room with three siblings or something like that. As far as marriage, heh, I'd never get married, it's not in me. That and the fact that unicorns cannot mate with humans. And that I look about as sexy as a burn victim.

LunarWeaver
08-02-2009, 11:50 PM
There is nothing I hate more than aging. My birthdays are terrible. I Force Choke everyone around me on my birthday. But you must understand that 23 in gay years is like 576 years old.

rubah
08-03-2009, 12:16 AM
I feel like I'm on top of the world right now, the "perfect age" you might call it.

CimminyCricket
08-03-2009, 12:32 AM
I don't feel old until I think about how long ago it was that I was in high school and how I'm not living in my parents' basement with no job eating all their food.

Madonna
08-03-2009, 12:42 AM
I think age is the most irrelevant thing in most situations and only rely on gauging other people's maturity as a means of judging them! I know when I was younger, I was loathe to be called a kid and enjoyed it a great deal when people reacted surprised when they found out my age! Nothing is more condescending than up and out deciding that your juniors must be inferior because of their birthdates; that is what join dates are for!

If you can roll with the society you choose, what makes your age matter? Just do not hit on people under the legal age where they dwell, okay?

Crimson
08-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Heh, 17 yet when I look at my sister and other kids heading to school I feel old and think back to when that was me.

oddler
08-03-2009, 03:44 AM
I'll always feel like a blink-182 kid at heart. :love:

Rye
08-03-2009, 03:46 AM
I do get mistaken for a student a lot though, in shops, so that is good :D

Yesterday, I got mistaken for a teacher. It feels so weird. Everyone thinks I'm in my early 20s!

Thinking about being able to come home at 2 in the afternoon and read all day and have my parents buy all of my clothes and stuff is a nice idea, thinking back, but I do really like working a lot, and being able to support myself more. The idea of having people pay for my things (unless I had some magical rich fairy beings buy EVERYTHING for me, no strings attach) isn't so appealing anymore.

A lot of that is mostly because I'm so much happier now. I don't remember ever feeling so truly happy in my life, even when I was a kid. Keeping busy constantly with work or college is the only way that I keep sad feelings and depression far away. Give me more than two weeks of stagnation, and I feel so terrible. Productivity is the best thing.

Iceglow
08-03-2009, 03:57 AM
I definitely did stop growing up in my mid teens. I don't quite know what I want to do "when I grow up" I can't consider children (thanks to my sister I've been scared off kids for years to come) I'm just too immature and young for them. One of these days soon I'm going to be sitting there chatting with mates and like in that episode of Scrubs where JD gets told he needs to grow up a lot I'm gonna get hit hard but until then I'd rather laugh at life and keep on running

Madame Adequate
08-03-2009, 03:59 AM
I'm really caught between a rock and a hard place. My childhood was pretty much one vast ocean of :bou::bou::bou::bou: in which I found the occasional driftwood in the form of escapism, so I have no wish to return to it.

On the other hand I have absolutely no desire to enter the world of unwarranted self-importance which adulthood seems to largely consist of. Thus prolonging university for as long as possible (Except not really because I could have spread that out to five years if I had been willing to fail. Twice.)

I'm 23 but I definintely don't feel, dress, or act like it.

The Space Pope
08-03-2009, 04:27 AM
When I was a human nobody got my age right. Some people figured I was a kid because I looked so young while others figured me for much older because of the way I carried myself and dressed, and the fact that I pretty much hated everyone in my age group and only associated with people 10-20 years older than me.

But, at the ripe old age of 97 and now that I am the pretty pink princess unicorn that I want to be, dem bitches know what time it is now. I gave out alot of Casio watches last Christmas.

Jiro
08-03-2009, 09:10 AM
I feel like I should be one or two years older than I actually am. Because I'm bored with being a kid, but not ready to thrust myself head first into being an adult. I just want to get to the point where I'm doing new and hard and exciting things.

theundeadhero
08-03-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm waiting for reality to hit me. It almost did. I act as grownup as I have to in any situation which sometimes means my age but normally means I'll think I'm a teenager forever.

Medi
08-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm 16, and GOD it feels like I've been alive for an eternity, but then I remember that I felt that same way when I was around 5 years old. So, I remind myself that I'm just a moron, but at least not as big of a moron as that Freshman who thought I was a substitute teacher. Oh, how I laughed. I relate with you there, Rye.

^_^

Age and time and crap like that is relative anyway. Life changes for me every single daaaaaay, and, as it changes, I never really feel much older, just different. I think I'll keep learning for the rest of my life.

Darkswordofchaos
08-03-2009, 10:06 AM
im 19 be twenty in jan and its cool in a way but then it sucks to. Cause IMO 17 18 19 20 are the best years of your life but now they're almost over I'm getting bills now, i actually have stuff to worry about that matters, me and most of my friends from HS are spreading apart. But theres a lot of good stuff in your 20's, and im sure theres lots more great times to be had

@medi
it seems like an eternity ago when i was 16 even though its only ben like 3.5 years

Looking back most of highschool seems like a great blur and it went by to fast. at least my last 2 years. the first ones were not all that super

I until then I'd rather laugh at life and keep on running

Live your whole life like that. your only as old as you feel and i plan on feeling 19 or 20 for at least another 25 years or so

Zeldy
08-03-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm only 17 and I'm so excited to turn 18 as then I really will be in the best years. I feel slightly old when I see that my younger cousins are just starting high school and Ive been there, done that, done college and now nearing University.

Burtsplurt
08-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I remember making a thread here covering my ageing worries... when I was about to hit 20. Now I'm 27, and I'm probably a bit more comfortable with it.

Age is just a number, really. It's how old you feel and act that really defines you. I can be serious and mature, but most of the time I act the same way I have done for most of my life. I guess it's just a case of getting more balanced. The only thing I'm worried about is getting married/ having kids - luckily there's not really any chance of that at the moment!

Oh, and it's definitely good to keep reasonably fit as you get older. If you feel fitter than you have done previously, you feel younger. Kind of.

The Space Pope
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Age is just a number, really.
I'm going to use that next time I get busted for hanging around an elementary school :jokey:

trancekuja
08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm 24 but don't think about my age at all. I feel young in heart and I believe I'll feel the same when I'm 54.

Cloud88
08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Age is just a number, really.
I'm going to use that next time I get busted for hanging around an elementary school :jokey:

^^I actually laughed so hard. :D

I'm only 20, but lately I've been starting to feel a lot older. Possibly because of a lot more responsibility, and possibly because I find myself stopping often and saying, "God, I sound like my dad!". And everybody telling me I look like him doesn't really help either. :p

Xander
08-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I'll always feel like a blink-182 kid at heart. :love:

Yeahh me too :D I think I like silly fun music like that too still cos it reminds me of when I was a student. XD

'We've plenty years ahead to fall in love, why would you wish that on me?'

And I probably get mistaken for one still because I wear hoodies and jeans and look scruffy and don't dress up, in the middle of London where most people are in smart suits :P

Heath
08-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I was out in Liverpool the other day with my dad and someone asked if we were related. I said yes and he said 'brothers?' Never before in my entire life have I wished divine retribution upon another individual so vehemently.

I feel old at 20 sometimes and I have quite a few white hairs, but I know in truth that I'm really at the best age to be and it's all downhill from here (yay!).

Darkswordofchaos
08-03-2009, 11:47 PM
20 is the new 19

black orb
08-04-2009, 12:20 AM
>>> The only scary thing about getting old are the wrinkles on your face..
(thanks god i dont have them)...... yet.
Everything else doesnt matter to me..

Breine
08-04-2009, 10:41 AM
There is nothing I hate more than aging. My birthdays are terrible. I Force Choke everyone around me on my birthday. But you must understand that 23 in gay years is like 576 years old.

Haha xD

I must admit, I felt old when I turned 20. My teenage years were officially over, and then when I turned 21 I just felt OLD. I mean, I don't really feel old myself per se, but do you remember when you were a kid and looked at people who were maybe 20-21, you were in no doubt that they were adults, i.e. had kids, a car and a house as well! Heck, even the kids I have at my teaching job are all really confused by the fact that I don't have a wife and kids!

One day I had borrowed my mom's bike to work, and then when I arrived one of the girls (she's maybe 6 years old) saw that I was riding a female bike, and she was all like: "Tee-hee-heeee, Kristian is riding his wife's bike!" Having no wife I answered: "No, 'tis not my wife's bike. I don't have a wife", to which she replied, with a suddenly very serious look on her little face: "Is... is she dead?"
lulz were had, but the point is she just couldn't get her head around the fact that I didn't have a wife and stuff. Sooo weird if you ask me! :holmes:

Rodarian
08-04-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm 26 and yet I look and behave as if I'm a 21 yrs old....

I do consider myself old but I have this inner child in me that compels me to be 'immature' ..Not that I behave that way all the time but I see int eh foreseeable future that I would have to 'put my childish toys away and be a man' ....

BTW my secret for my youthful looks it L'Oreal Age Defying Cream

Cause I'm Worth It!!! ^_^

Blue Harvest
08-04-2009, 10:56 PM
The thought of growing old scares me. Sometimes I feel like a 30 year and old other times I feel like a 15 year old. I've started praying to the Space God every night to make me 18 again and keep me that age.

The Space Pope
08-04-2009, 11:02 PM
The Space God recommends that you eat the hearts of children

then you will gain their courage and stay forever young

but not like that crappy Rod Stewart song

Shattered Dreamer
08-04-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm 21 and I definitely feel grown up. But at the same time even though I feel like an adult I'm in no hurry to get a proper career & settle down. So you can say I feel like a big kid really:D

Aydin
08-04-2009, 11:15 PM
First of all, I love that song and I'll always be that 9-year-old who loves Blink 182... Yet, I just graduated high school but I don't feel like I'm 18 taking on college.

Aerith's Knight
08-05-2009, 12:02 AM
I be a 21 years of age. Nobody can deny me anything now, BOOYAH!

drotato
08-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Ugh... I can't wait to grow up.
I hate my childhood. It's been full of bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

It's probably because of my mother, but... eh.
I can't wait to be twenty-four... hell, I just want to be eighteen, so I can get the hell out of this :bou::bou::bou::bou:hole.
-_______-

EDIT: Ahem.... excuse my language that was covered by Bous...

Unbreakable Will
08-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Ugh... I can't wait to grow up.
I hate my childhood. It's been full of bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

It's probably because of my mother, but... eh.
I can't wait to be twenty-four... hell, I just want to be eighteen, so I can get the hell out of this :bou::bou::bou::bou:hole.
-_______-

EDIT: Ahem.... excuse my language that was covered by Bous...
Heh, growing up does have its priveleges love, but its not all what its cracked up to be.

drotato
08-05-2009, 04:33 AM
Ugh... I don't care. It has to be better than what I have now.
Anything has to be better. /:

Shauna
08-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I realised not too long ago that I'll be turning 20 next year. It was a little bit of a crazy feeling at first, realising that I'm not gonna be a teenager anymore, but eh. I'm not really that bothered by the thought of growing up.

Lazy Bovine
08-05-2009, 08:28 PM
As I've been lurking a bit again, I thought I would make a topic! ;)

I've been thinking lately about the fact I've been getting.. OLD! ;_; and looking at my profile seeing I am now 24 is kind of weird still. I've even got to the stage where I nearly forget how old I am (23,24?) and have to ask my boyfriend to remind me XD

Just seems like it wasn't that long ago I was a teenager and to be honest, I still feel like one! xD Growing up is scary, especially with friends getting married and having kids. It's like..eek! I can't even imagine looking after a little person for at least 10 or 20 more years.
I still don't really think of myself as an 'adult'. I don't want to start dressing my age or acting it.. (luckily I can still wear what I like at my job) xD

ANYWAY the topic is.. do you feel 'grown up', especially if you're in your 20s? Do you feel excited about grown up responsible things or is it kinda scary? Do you still feel like a kid trapped in an increasingly grown up body? (yep) xD

Growing up is over-rated! :D

I'm 29, and I don't feel like your average grown up. I think the secret is that I still feel like a kid. I'm carefree, I play games, and watch cartoons all day.

Levian
08-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I am going to grow up in about two years from now, until then I will just hang out. :mog: